Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alec77 View Post
    I got my delivery from Super7 yesterday and apart from the design descisions like usage of waxy plastic and prototype translation which have been debated already I'm pretty content with the figures I got. There is still room for improvement in many areas, but to be fair Wave 2 is way better than Wave 1.

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...74105602_n.jpg

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...94707866_n.jpg

And concerning the Sorceress, it IS possible to get some decent poses out of her:
    https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...06870469_n.jpg
    Loving that last one....WOW
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec77 View Post
    I got my delivery from Super7 yesterday and apart from the design descisions like usage of waxy plastic and prototype translation which have been debated already I'm pretty content with the figures I got. There is still room for improvement in many areas, but to be fair Wave 2 is way better than Wave 1.

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...74105602_n.jpg

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...94707866_n.jpg

And concerning the Sorceress, it IS possible to get some decent poses out of her:
    https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...06870469_n.jpg
    Fantastic pictures Alec and as my friend mjw41 said especially the last one !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    So I've had a day to live with my wave 2 arrival yesterday and having time to play and pose them. Here's my feedback:
    CG
    Sorceress - 9/10. I really love her. I got 2 - one to pose as Kuduk Ungol on the throne and the other as the standard version. I love the wings and their flexibility. I wasn't too sure about it when it was announced but I am loving it. Thanks to the plastic KU can be seated on the throne and that was one of the reasons I got her. Out of my 2 KU faces, one has a little spot on her cheek next to her lips, but I'm not too bothered as I'm only using one. The perfect one of course. Sorceress both have the thinner pouting lips but the one looks better than the other. One looks a bit skew. Good thing I got two. I ordered a third one for a friend and his also has the pouting lips but they're on straight like my first one. I may be making the lips fuller like KU but they're real nice though. She's not as glossy as she appears in many photos. She doesn't photograph that well sadly - need the right light etc. But I love her. She's my favourite from the wave. A tad short but I can overlook that.
    Tung Lashor - 8/10. His knees were stuck together with paint so when I finally got them to bend for that special pose of his, it pulled off some paint. His head was a slight battle to put back on and doesn't turn very well, but he is really cool. Only down part is his gun doesn't fit in properly - I might have to reheat his hands. Thrilled to have him though. Now I want his chum.
    Merman - 9/10. The slight paint problems on his hands chipping away is really the only issue. I don't mind the "no-neck". Or the purple spear. Love the corn sword. His shoulder pads are a bit bent but that's from the packaging.
    MEF - 9/10. Man he is really big! Great weapons choice. Solid figure. Awesome. His faces turn a bit difficult but it works.

CC
    Granita - 8/10. She's stunning! Cher lookalike of course. I'll echo what everybody else said about her rock pieces. They're somewhat tricky to put on - especially the legs. But she's stunning. Glad to have her with the other two. Now we need Facet.
    Karg - 10/10. Brilliant piece of work. That cape is amazeballs! Excellent work here S7.
    Dylamug - 20/10. This is the best figure by S7 so far. I just love him. Magnificent. I can sing his praises all day long. I even showed my 90 year old granny how his face plates spin and she laughed so loud. What a great sturdy figure. There's only 2 down sides to him - his chest plate on his forehead falls out too easy. Had to use sticky tack to keep it in place. The wires protruding from his shoulders bend real well - but the right side limits the upward movement of the arm so he can't shout YAY without having his arm drop slightly. It doesn't matter. I love it. And like S7 said in their very first mailer about how proud they are of making him, I would be too. Genius!
    Wrap Trap - well I can't score this bad boy. He looks great. But I'm going to sell him. He is just not part of my canon sadly. I'm a Filmation lover so he doesn't fit into my story. But I'll find him a good home.

Overall - 9/10 for both waves. Homerun in my opinion, even with the little problems. I cannot wait for the next wave. Thank you Brian and co. It was worth the wait.
    Happy you are happy
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Got my series 2 club grayskull and I'm loving them. Mer-Man and Sorceress are SPOT ON!

Made some videos reviewing them.

Tung Lashor:

Man-E-Faces

Mer-Man:

Sorceress:

Heroic Warrior
    I'm happy!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am REALLY starting to get annoyed with my BBTS pre-order.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I am REALLY starting to get annoyed with my BBTS pre-order.
    I did like davevh on the last page- canceled and ordered through bigboycollectibles. They will be here today. Same price as bbts only 4$ more in shipping but they were sent priority. Using S7 next time, never going third party for these again-waited too long when first available to order.
    Last edited by Spikor1982; October 15, 2018 at 12:00pm.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    I did like davevh on the last page- canceled and ordered through bigboycollectibles. They will be here today. Same price as bbts only 4$ more in shipping but they were sent priority. Using S7 next time, never going third party for these again-waited too long when first available to order.
    Oddly bbc upped the price on merman since I ordered him, I paid 49.99 and last I checked he is 57.99. A bit cheeky!
    My Merman and Karg did arrive 2 days ago, shipping was a lot quicker than BBTS (who are still showing these as pre-order). They both arrived in pristine shape and do not appear to have any quality control issues (I am keeping them in the boxes for now, though I did briefly remove Merman to correct his bent shoulder armor flap and make sure none of the joints were broken.
    Last edited by davevh; October 15, 2018 at 02:47pm.

Wave 2 Arrival Thread

Has anyone who pre ordered a single figure from BBTS received it yet? Seems like people who ordered sets got them already, but I donít know if singletons have started shipping.

EDIT: Oh, scrolled up and saw some other folks mentioning this. Well itís nice to not be alone.

BBTS is charging now for anyone who pre-ordered from them, check your emails.

Cool ty for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    BBTS is charging now for anyone who pre-ordered from them, check your emails.

Finally got my notice from BBTS! It's been over a year since I ordered him, but Karg will soon be on his way at last!

I only got my charge for Sorceress...no Dylamug yet...

Hah, My card declined the transaction from BBTS. Do I care anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Hah, My card declined the transaction from BBTS. Do I care anymore?
    R u not gonna get them now?

My BBTS order is ready to go!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Has anyone who pre ordered a single figure from BBTS received it yet? Seems like people who ordered sets got them already, but I don’t know if singletons have started shipping.

EDIT: Oh, scrolled up and saw some other folks mentioning this. Well it’s nice to not be alone.
    It's funny. When I order from BBTS and use the flat rate shipping. The package ships from Somerset, WI. Goes up to St. Paul, MN. Then to a sorting center about a mile from my house in Chicago. Then back up to WI. Then back to my local USPS.

For BBTS, I just pay the 4 or so bucks extra for FedEx so it does less traveling.

I have the filmation set of 4 on pre-order from BBTS. Also have each of these 4 on pre-order individually at BBTS along with 2 from the grayskull set. The only figures that BBTS gave notice for as now available to ship were Sorceress, Tung-lashor, and Wrap-Trap. None of the others came up as in stock yet. Doesn't BBTS get these all in at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    R u not gonna get them now?
    I had Sorceress on order, and I do want to get her, but I donít know if I want her for $50 plus shipping anymore. I think Iíll let her fly off.

Widget
    I had Sorceress on order, and I do want to get her, but I don’t know if I want her for $50 plus shipping anymore. I think I’ll let her fly off.
    Felt the same way after seeing the problems and how different the final figure is from the prototype. Guess I will never have a Sorceress in my collection since I am not a fan of the classics version.

Court Magician
    may have to do with when you pre-ordered them, the order they are mailing them out? I pre-ordered Mer-Man, Sorceress and Karg and BBTS already charged me for all 3, sent me an email like 2 days before they charged me saying all my pre-ordered figures were in and ready to ship, would be done after my charge cleared. That was a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by davevh View Post
    Felt the same way after seeing the problems and how different the final figure is from the prototype. Guess I will never have a Sorceress in my collection since I am not a fan of the classics version.
    Iím not unhappy with this new version, I thought sheíd be worth having so I can have her both in Grayskull and on my shelf, and I really did want that perched Zoar. Iím not saying this passive aggressively at all (though I have been known to do so in the past), I honestly donít mind the changes from proto to release. Theyíre going to show you a 10 but sell you a 7.... but that 7 might be a 10 on its own scale. Does that make sense? Thatís kinda how I see things.

I’m not unhappy with this new version, I thought she’d be worth having so I can have her both in Grayskull and on my shelf, and I really did want that perched Zoar. I’m not saying this passive aggressively at all (though I have been known to do so in the past), I honestly don’t mind the changes from proto to release. They’re going to show you a 10 but sell you a 7.... but that 7 might be a 10 on its own scale. Does that make sense? That’s kinda how I see things.
    If all you want is a perched Zoar, let me know as I'm not interested in this version at all.