Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 601

Thread: Wave 2 Arrival Thread

  1. #51
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,242
    Thank you to those who have posted. I was on the fence about a Filmation Mer-Man, but now, not taking the chance. I also just cancelled my BBTS pre-order for Filmation Sorceress. She doesn't look as good as my MOTUC version and her face is off from the prototypes. It's more smooth or something. Doesn't look right. Not worth $50 to me.

    Just hoping my Wave 2 Collector's Choice from Super7 and Filmation Tung Lashor from BBTS turn out ok whenever they come.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    377
    Being that they haven't written anything about the Tri-klops head am I to assume that only people that ordered wave 2 through them will be the only people getting the replacement head? I ordered wave 1 and didn't get my figures before the preorder window closed (even though Brian stated everyone would) and was forced to order through BigBadToystore.

    They should be sending the head to everyone that bought the figure not just people that bought wave 1 & 2 from Super 7

  3. #53
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    438
    That would be a nightmare though. They'd have to cross check to make sure the orders were genuine, or run off a ton extra. People would be taking advantage of the situation. Perks of ordering direct from the manufacturer. Super7's not the only one doing that.

    I'm not wigging too much yet. Super7 has shown tremendous improvement over a relatively short period of time. Anyone care to guess how many flubs Mattel had over the years? And they've been at this a LOT longer. Sorceress looks short (I'm sure she is somewhat) but that may be more perspective making her look like a pygmy. The Mythic Legions females all looked squat in the promo shots too, and the test shots look a lot better.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

    Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    That would be a nightmare though. They'd have to cross check to make sure the orders were genuine, or run off a ton extra. People would be taking advantage of the situation. Perks of ordering direct from the manufacturer. Super7's not the only one doing that.
    I would agree with you, if they were giving something that wasn't supposed to be a replacement for a faulty figure previously purchased.
    Though I am not sure how it would be an issue to check their own records to whom they sold their figures to - companies do this all the time

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    I would agree with you, if they were giving something that wasn't supposed to be a replacement for a faulty figure previously purchased.
    Though I am not sure how it would be an issue to check their own records to whom they sold their figures to - companies do this all the time
    The fact that they sent out a tri-klops head with every wave two order shows they don't know who ordered him and who didn't. Lots of customers will get the head who may not have purchased Filmation figures let alone Tri-Klops


    It was a nice gesture on Super7's part to do this. Many of us freed up our visors with heat from the hairdryer I know I did with no problem and my visor spins great and I didn't need to use a knife or screwdriver. Just heat and lifting gently with my fingers all around the edges till the visor popped off. Once I snapped it back on it spun great
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  6. #56
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    438
    And Mattel (probably) wouldn't have given out the free--

    Rephrasing...

    Mattel would have added the Tri-Klops noggin as a "bonus" accessory with another figure to add "value".

    Companies only check that stuff when they were the source selling. Super7 has no clue--nor should they--who BBTS sold to and what.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; September 18, 2018 at 06:25pm.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

    Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Mattel is not going to start making the MOTUC's line again. That ship has sailed. Mattel can't even commit to finishing off Thundercats Classics. They send Brandon to Powercon with teasers and Brandon says we have a plan but then lays it on the fans saying make noise let mattel know. They have no plan, it's a few people within the company who want to do some projects but they want us to do their work for them.

    Brandon has NOTHING to take to the higher ups to even get two thundercats Classics figures made and you think they should take back MOTUC's

    - - - Updated - - -



    The fact that they sent out a tri-klops head with every wave two order shows they don't know who ordered him and who didn't. Lots of customers will get the head who may not have purchased Filmation figures let alone Tri-Klops


    It was a nice gesture on Super7's part to do this. Many of us freed up our visors with heat from the hairdryer I know I did with no problem and my visor spins great and I didn't need to use a knife or screwdriver. Just heat and lifting gently with my fingers all around the edges till the visor popped off. Once I snapped it back on it spun great
    I don't see it that way - it isn't a nice gesture, it's them admitting there was an issue
    they didn't change the head, they sent the exact same head without the problem

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,039
    I don't think any production run that's manufactured in china is without some margin of QC issues. Mattel had them for many years, Four Horsmen ML line has had them and Super7 is having them. It's what you can do as a company to continuously improve the product going forward that counts.


    Lets hope that the QC Issues are minimal.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I don't think any production run that's manufactured in china is without some margin of QC issues. Mattel had them for many years, Four Horsmen ML line has had them and Super7 is having them. It's what you can do as a company to continuously improve the product going forward that counts.


    Lets hope that the QC Issues are minimal.
    You're exactly right. There's not a mass-manufactured product that's without defects. Brian talked about QC in his SDCC interview with Pixel Dan. I believe he said they shoot for 3-5% defect rate. We don't know how many were produced, nor how many have issues, so they very well may be hitting this rate.

    I've worked a long time in quality assurance, where you're much more likely to hear about a defective item than a good one. Me personally, I've owned 2 sets of Filmation Wave 1, and both were fine.
    Positive Transactions:

    As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

    As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

    EBay: StLouisStallions

  10. #60
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    8,276
    What good is one single replacement head if you bought multiple Tri-Klops figures? Are we certain it's one per customer? Can anyone who has 1/Received their Wave 2 figures AND 2/Ordered multiple Tri-Klops figures only received a single replacement head?

    Also if they are randomly sending them with every Wave 2 order (even those who only bought Collector's Choice) then all I can do is laugh

    and as for Sorceress, I think I'm done ordering any further female figures. It's not worth the hassle to end up with a She-Ra much shorter than He-Man. Looks like I'll be going the BBTS route for wave 3 so I can cherry pick and cancel any bad figures. I gave them a chance to improve from wave 1 but it seems they didn't learn from Teela and have made the same poor design choices yet again.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

    Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

  11. #61
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    438
    I'm sure if one were to contact Super7 directly--and were nice about it--something could be arranged (provided there are enough extras).

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    What good is one single replacement head if you bought multiple Tri-Klops figures? Are we certain it's one per customer? Can anyone who has 1/Received their Wave 2 figures AND 2/Ordered multiple Tri-Klops figures only received a single replacement head?

    Also if they are randomly sending them with every Wave 2 order (even those who only bought Collector's Choice) then all I can do is laugh

    and as for Sorceress, I think I'm done ordering any further female figures. It's not worth the hassle to end up with a She-Ra much shorter than He-Man. Looks like I'll be going the BBTS route for wave 3 so I can cherry pick and cancel any bad figures. I gave them a chance to improve from wave 1 but it seems they didn't learn from Teela and have made the same poor design choices yet again.
    Maybe they should have sent the Tri-Klops head to everyone that ordered the Wave 4 MOTU reaction figures
    That would have been a really nice gesture

  13. #63
    Royal Guard chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,133
    Hey everyone let's keep this thread on topic please. This is for wave 2 arrival. If the QC discussion is directly related to wave 2 that's fine. But let's not have a Mattel vs. Super7 debate in this thread.

    Thanks!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    223
    Man this is disappointing to hear but expected, I wonder if they do reactions and the 5.5 figures all at the same factory I bet they are it seems like that would be tough switching back and forth. My epic battle packs quality was not good skeletors nose didn’t get painted and he look off because. It’s strange that they seem to take so long to deliver but always look rushed weird

  15. #65
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,679
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I think there's a really good chance that Mattel will release at least some MOTUC when the new movie eventually comes out. The factory still has the molds.

    Mattel did have QC issues and I was one of the first to criticize them for it. But they at least made some good figures. The QC was spread out randomly throughout the line. Some figures turned out great, some were turds. With Super 7, EVERYTHING post Ultimates has been a steaming turd pile.
    That is absolutely untrue.

    Stridor is great.

    Chopper is great

    Spikor is great

    Dree-Elle is great

    Montork is great

    Lodar is great

    Quakke is great

    Fangor is great

    Man-At-Arms is nearly great

    The problems have been:

    with Tri-Klops’ Head, which is being replaced by Super7 as we speak... and the armor color is debatable.. I happen to prefer the brighter cel-accurate green they used

    with Teela’s Face paint (I don’t want to hear about hip issues unless we bring up how many mattel MOTUC females had structural/hip issues... and there were many)

    with Hawke (multiple issues... head too low on post; armor paint unsealed)

    with Hordak’s feet being a bit too loose

    And with heads not being removable for the most part...

    But “EVERYTHING is a steaming pile of turd?”

    I strongly disagree.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

    Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Erndogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    THE 253
    Posts
    209
    IMG_4331.jpg Dang! does the sorting belt have teeth...at least the figures are ok. Great line up i wish Mer Man would of came with a closed mouth extra head. cool figures though Thanks Super 7

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Erndogg View Post
    IMG_4331.jpg Dang! does the sorting belt have teeth...at least the figures are ok. Great line up i wish Mer Man would of came with a closed mouth extra head. cool figures though Thanks Super 7
    Wow no excuse for that. Did FedEx Deliver it like that? I would call them up file a complaint and show the picture.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,600
    If the One Tri-Klops head per person thing is true I'm sorry, but that's a garbage gesture. Take the time, do the research and give people 1 per Tri-Klops ordered. What in the hell is the guy to do that ordered 5-10 Tri-Klops along with his friends within one order, conduct a freakin' raffle??!!?

    That's insulting. They were better off not sending any at all if it couldn't of been done right. Heck, even Matty did us right when it came to stuff like that from what I remember. If you bought 10 subs. you got 10 maps. If memory serves me right, some thing happened once and they sent out complementary figures for EACH sub. you bought. I don't remember if we all received the same figures, but I remember a lot of people getting free Mer-Men.

    Another time, if I re-call we received a set of Grayskull stands for each sub. bought. I'm sorry, but the standard (1) head doesn't cut it.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior Blaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That is absolutely untrue.

    Stridor is great.

    Chopper is great

    Spikor is great

    Dree-Elle is great

    Montork is great

    Lodar is great

    Quakke is great

    Fangor is great

    Man-At-Arms is nearly great

    The problems have been:

    with Tri-Klops’ Head, which is being replaced by Super7 as we speak... and the armor color is debatable.. I happen to prefer the brighter cel-accurate green they used

    with Teela’s Face paint (I don’t want to hear about hip issues unless we bring up how many mattel MOTUC females had structural/hip issues... and there were many)

    with Hawke (multiple issues... head too low on post; armor paint unsealed)

    with Hordak’s feet being a bit too loose

    And with heads not being removable for the most part...

    But “EVERYTHING is a steaming pile of turd?”

    I strongly disagree.
    I've been opening Brian, but the plastic just looks and feels soooo cheap.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

  20. #70
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That is absolutely untrue.

    Insert name here is great.

    .....

    But “EVERYTHING is a steaming pile of turd?”

    I strongly disagree.
    Fair enough. We can disagree. I see the plastic as being of extremely low grade quality. And every figure is made of the same low grade plastic, therefore I see that as a mark against every figure made post Ultimates.

    I get that this line means a lot to you. I wouldn't be here if Masters of the Universe wasn't a property that I enjoyed as well. I really wanted these figures to be great.

    I was REALLY hoping Mer-Man would turn out great. But loose joints, broken arms. unpainted pupils, and regular hands with fingernails are a lot of marks against just one figure.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  21. #71
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    438
    That's one person's experience. So far. Give it time and have faith. I can't see ALL the Mer-man (Mermans, Mer-men?) being with unpainted pupils. That would be the blind painting the blind.

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,919
    So, though my Merman arrived with his arm broken off, I still have to say he's a pretty sweet looking figure. I'm really upset to have paid so far in advance to get a broken figure (the one I REALLY wanted), but still he is awesome looking so I wouldn't write him off. Just gotta get one that has good QC I guess. Fingers crossed for a quick replacement.

    What's the deal with the Triklops head?! Is it mailed separately? I sure didn't get one and I've bought everything Super 7 has done direct from them.

  23. #73
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    438
    What are your impressions with Sorceress after opening? Bit taller than Teela? QC on point?

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,039
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Fair enough. We can disagree. I see the plastic as being of extremely low grade quality. And every figure is made of the same low grade plastic, therefore I see that as a mark against every figure made post Ultimates.

    I get that this line means a lot to you. I wouldn't be here if Masters of the Universe wasn't a property that I enjoyed as well. I really wanted these figures to be great.

    I was REALLY hoping Mer-Man would turn out great. But loose joints, broken arms. unpainted pupils, and regular hands with fingernails are a lot of marks against just one figure.
    In every photo of merman he has had the same hands it's called parts reuse something Mattel did all the time. If the hand have sculpted fingernails so be it The hands are solid yellow it's not like super7 painted his fingernails black. The unpainted eye pupils well that's a QC issue that slipped by in the paint dept at the factory and i'm sure that's going to be an isolated issue I doubt we will see a lot of that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    So, though my Merman arrived with his arm broken off, I still have to say he's a pretty sweet looking figure. I'm really upset to have paid so far in advance to get a broken figure (the one I REALLY wanted), but still he is awesome looking so I wouldn't write him off. Just gotta get one that has good QC I guess. Fingers crossed for a quick replacement.

    What's the deal with the Triklops head?! Is it mailed separately? I sure didn't get one and I've bought everything Super 7 has done direct from them.
    From what Microman posted he said
    "It came in the normal Super 7 box but I noticed that a strange little envelope was attached to the side..."
    motuc-surprise01.jpg
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  25. #75
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That is absolutely untrue.

    Stridor is great.

    Chopper is great

    Spikor is great

    Dree-Elle is great

    Montork is great

    Lodar is great

    Quakke is great

    Fangor is great

    Man-At-Arms is nearly great

    The problems have been:

    with Tri-Klops’ Head, which is being replaced by Super7 as we speak... and the armor color is debatable.. I happen to prefer the brighter cel-accurate green they used

    with Teela’s Face paint (I don’t want to hear about hip issues unless we bring up how many mattel MOTUC females had structural/hip issues... and there were many)

    with Hawke (multiple issues... head too low on post; armor paint unsealed)

    with Hordak’s feet being a bit too loose

    And with heads not being removable for the most part...

    But “EVERYTHING is a steaming pile of turd?”

    I strongly disagree.
    I agree with you something are bad but many things are good.

    We cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater.

    Something has to be improved by Super7 and many collectors post here to say they are not happy but all the ones who are happy with the figures do not post.
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; September 19, 2018 at 05:40am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

    >>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

    $$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •