Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I agree with you something are bad but many things are good.

We cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Something has to be improved by Super7 and many collectors post here to say they are not happy but all the ones who are happy with the figure do no post.
    Yes that is so true. I hear end of the world complaints again as with wave 1, but the list above is really indicative of what is really going on. The plastic quality really doesn’t bug me. It feels different sure but it isn’t worse. It is just not the same.

Heroic Warrior
    While QC is regrettable, the people clamoring for Mattel to take back the lien seem to have forgotten the numerous QC issues figures had there, not the least being PD Teela.

I look at what Super7 is doing as having an, unfortunately in some instances, painful learning curve while they iron kinks out.

Has anyone but the OP that posted pictures gotten figures to verify if the QC issues noted are widespread or not?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I'm waiting super excited my figures and I'll give with objectivity a judgment only with them will be in my hands.

So nobody can ruins this moment with unjustified complaints (why speak without a figure in hand??) or pretentions criticism about plastic quality (it seems some motuc customers are experts in plastic quality check only looking a picture...).
    Sorry negative fans, this isn't possible. You are men and not X-men; you have no particular powers.

And how many of those who complain have really bought wave 2 figures?
    Last edited by orsogranito; September 19, 2018 at 05:59am.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    I'm waiting super excited my figures and I'll give with objectivity a judgment only with them will be in my hands.

So nobody can ruins this moment with unjustified complaints (why speak without a figure in hand??) or pretentions criticism about plastic quality (it seems some motuc customers are experts in plastic quality check only looking a picture...).
    Sorry negative fans, this isn't possible. You are men and not an X-men; you have no particular powers.

Quoted for truth!
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post

Sorry negative fans, this isn't possible. You are men and not an X-men; you have no particular powers.

This ^^^^^^
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    If the One Tri-Klops head per person thing is true I'm sorry, but that's a garbage gesture. Take the time, do the research and give people 1 per Tri-Klops ordered. What in the hell is the guy to do that ordered 5-10 Tri-Klops along with his friends within one order, conduct a freakin' raffle??!!?

That's insulting. They were better off not sending any at all if it couldn't of been done right. Heck, even Matty did us right when it came to stuff like that from what I remember. If you bought 10 subs. you got 10 maps. If memory serves me right, some thing happened once and they sent out complementary figures for EACH sub. you bought. I don't remember if we all received the same figures, but I remember a lot of people getting free Mer-Men.

Another time, if I re-call we received a set of Grayskull stands for each sub. bought. I'm sorry, but the standard (1) head doesn't cut it.
    And how exactly would they be able to "research" how many people got their figure from BBTS or from the European distributor? Mattel had a sub model and knew how many subs each person had which made it easy.

S7 didn't have to do this, but they ate the cost and made a gesture. In my books that's pretty damn decent of them.

This is another case of no matter what S7 do, some fans will find something to moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    And how exactly would they be able to "research" how many people got their figure from BBTS or from the European distributor? Mattel had a sub model and knew how many subs each person had which made it easy.

S7 didn't have to do this, but they ate the cost and made a gesture. In my books that's pretty damn decent of them.

This is another case of no matter what S7 do, some fans will find something to moan about.
    I agree with you on this, but there are going to be those who feel this was not a gesture but rather admitting there was a problem with the Tri-Klops head.

Not that it was hard to fix, just five minutes of your time by heating the head with. Blow dryer until the head could pop off easily. Then continue heating the head all around the visor and the top of the visor and genty use your fingers to pry the edges up intill the visor popped off. Then snap it back on and it could spin fine. Then just heat the underside of the head where the hole is so that you can pop the head back on the ball joint without breaking it.
    Last edited by mjw41; September 19, 2018 at 09:21am.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

As much as I fault Super7 for making some pretty asinine decisions with the direction of MOTUC, it is kinda cool of them to include that bonus Tri-klops head to accommodate those who received faulty ones.
    Last edited by Donimo; September 19, 2018 at 10:14am.

Just got the e-mail. They will be here Thursday.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

He didn't mention other retailers such as BBTS, I think he meant those who purchased from S7 directly.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Fair enough. We can disagree. I see the plastic as being of extremely low grade quality. And every figure is made of the same low grade plastic, therefore I see that as a mark against every figure made post Ultimates.

I get that this line means a lot to you. I wouldn't be here if Masters of the Universe wasn't a property that I enjoyed as well. I really wanted these figures to be great.

I was REALLY hoping Mer-Man would turn out great. But loose joints, broken arms. unpainted pupils, and regular hands with fingernails are a lot of marks against just one figure.
    Yeah I got a Quakke from a third party and the figure looks good but feels cheap. Doesn't feel like it stands up to the previous quality of figures Mattel was sending our way. The pictures of figures posted here look cheaply made too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    What are your impressions with Sorceress after opening? Bit taller than Teela? QC on point?
    She is definitely short. The eyes are not as bad as they look in photos, they're pretty straight actually. The sculpt is nice, but it doesn't look right with the plastic skin tone and heavy eye makeup. I think repainting it will help.

I'd give her a 6/10. She's not hot garbage like some people are saying, she just isn't the definitive Sorceress I would have hoped for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    In every photo of merman he has had the same hands it's called parts reuse something Mattel did all the time. If the hand have sculpted fingernails so be it The hands are solid yellow it's not like super7 painted his fingernails black. The unpainted eye pupils well that's a QC issue that slipped by in the paint dept at the factory and i'm sure that's going to be an isolated issue I doubt we will see a lot of that.

- - - Updated - - -

From what Microman posted he said
    "It came in the normal Super 7 box but I noticed that a strange little envelope was attached to the side..."
    Attachment 117744
    Oh man! No envelope for me I need a new head too, mine won't turn. I guess I'll have to email in and hope for the best.

I fixed the visor on my Tri-Klops myself but it's cool they're doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    I fixed the visor on my Tri-Klops myself but it's cool they're doing this.
    I fixed mine too but it would be nice to get the extra head

No tracking email or update in the fedex or usps apps. So it is what it is until I get the notification. Can't wait to have these in hand though. I was fairly happy with all of the wave 1 figures though, except hawke, whose neck piece was all messed up inside the figure (which had to be done factory side) i used the hair dryer trick but it looked like the interior peg was twisted around 3 times and stretched. while its possible I didnt heat the figure up hot enough to pop the head off thus causing the stretching, I certainly did not twist the head around the neck 3 times like in the exorcist.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

How is this a case of "no matter what they do fans will find some thing to moan about." If you have a widespread flawed product do the consumers not have a right to moan?

How about this as a solution...As stated, give people 1 per Trike ordered. This isn't rocket science. You say that they didn't have to do this...Ok, fine don't do it, but then don't complain about the back-lash after-wards. When you make things right people appreciate it. When you don't and from a business prospective, prepared to get hit in the pocketbook, that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    He didn't mention other retailers such as BBTS, I think he meant those who purchased from S7 directly.
    Exactly, this would only apply to orders placed through S7. To some how expect them to supply them to people that bought them 3rd party would be ridiculous as there's no effective way to vet such a thing, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to carry a few extra on the site for people to buy extra or such if need be.

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine on Monday. All are amazing!!! No quality control issues with Mer Man.

And, I was VERY impressed with the special package from Eternia. They did not need to do this. They didn't charge for it or call it a bonus. They owned up to an issue and offered a fix. To complain about that is simply absurd. To suggest they track down everybody who bought from a third party is similarly absurd.

I was so pleased with these figures. Correction, I AM so pleased with these figures. Coming here to listen to entitled complaints about an unsolicited good faith gesture from S7 tarnishes that. The vocal minority takes the fun out of things again...

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This ^^^^^^
    Snake Mountain!
    Oh, and Son of He-Man could be awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor1983 View Post

And, I was VERY impressed with the special package from Eternia. They did not need to do this. They didn't charge for it or call it a bonus. They owned up to an issue and offered a fix. To complain about that is simply absurd. To suggest they track down everybody who bought from a third party is similarly absurd.

I was so pleased with these figures. Correction, I AM so pleased with these figures. Coming here to listen to entitled complaints about an unsolicited good faith gesture from S7 tarnishes that. The vocal minority takes the fun out of things again...
    This forum needs a 'like' button stat

^^^^Quoted for truth ^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    This forum needs a 'like' button stat
    Yes it does

Like from me too!
    74D3D3AB-FD1B-4AE2-BC18-1B6E359310F8.jpeg

Heroic Warrior

I never let it effect my fun. I'm able to critique things myself and still love the line and collecting. But I get your point entirely, it can certainly become tiresome when the nitpicking goes overboard.

I agree that Super 7 maybe should have sent Triklops heads in equal number to what they bought, but honestly to make it seem apocalyptic is a bit much. It was unexpected and a very cool gesture to have them do it at all. Do I need to bring up Matty and the Hiss torso? This was pretty awesome of Super 7 to do.
    Last edited by snake_mole_hill; September 19, 2018 at 08:01pm.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I never let it effect my fun. I'm able t critique things myself and still love the line and collecting. But I get your point entirely, it can certainly become tiresome when the nitpicking goes overboard
    Especially when it’s members who either didn’t purchase wave two or haven’t received their wave two figures yet.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post

I agree that Super 7 maybe should have sent Triklops heads in equal number to what they bought, but honestly to make it seem apocalyptic is a bit much. It was unexpected and a very cool gesture to have them do it at all. Do I need to bring up Matty and the Hiss torso? This was pretty awesome of Super 7 to do.
    Do we know that Super7 hasn’t done that?

For example, did Big Bad Toy Store receive a huge batch of corrected heads based on all the figures they re-sold?

It would be interesting to find that out.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

Heroic Warrior
    I was curious about if my order had shipped tried to log in on Super7 and it doesn’t recognize me or my email and said I have no orders even though I’ve received 500 emails from them went back and looked up when I ordered it was October 10 2017 through PayPal thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I was curious about if my order had shipped tried to log in on Super7 and it doesn’t recognize me or my email and said I have no orders even though I’ve received 500 emails from them went back and looked up when I ordered it was October 10 2017 through PayPal thankfully
    Try signing up for FEDEX delivery manager it’s free and they notify you when you have a package coming