Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 3.11

Answers to Fan Q&A 3.11

Super7 has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 11 questions!

This round of questions were selected by 13977.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. 13977: Will the ReAction Anti-Eternia He-Man be released on an English/US card?

Yes, the ReAction Anti-Eternia He-Man was released on an English language card at Power-Con 2018!

2. Stagnataur: The CG She-Ra prototype looks amazing! Will you be designing her with the ability to mount the existing CC Swiftwind?

Yes, the CG She-Ra is able to ride her trusty steed.

3. themodrenman: Will the CG She-Ra have its own uniquely styled Princess of Power box or will she be released using the existing packaging style?

Currently, our plan is to remain consistent with the CG line and release She-Ra in the existing packaging style.

4. abaddon: When you release the 300th MOTUC figure, will you mark the occasion with a special release of any kind?

Commemorating the MOTU Classics line's milestones with a packaging call out or sticker is a great idea! We started this with the Tenth Anniversary packaging for the latest wave, and we'd like to continue with the 300th release in some form.

5. bigsexy_j: Mattel's figures had to pass their safety tests even as adult collectibles. As a result, figures didn't break during shipping, posing, or play. But the Super7 5-inch line seems to have numerous complaints about easy breakage. Are your figures safety tested and made to be played with, or are they just for basic display?

All of our figures should and are meant to be able to handle play, just like the action figures we grew up with. Occasionally an issue arises, and we go back to the manufacturer to make sure it gets corrected. Ultimately we are making toys and not statues!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 12!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Super7.
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Mattycollector.
    And, have fun discussing Super7's answers to your questions!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Really pleased to hear She-ra will be able to ride Swifty! Great job Super7! Excellent news!

I like that She-Ra will be getting MOTU style packaging. They can save the Princess of Power packaging for a She-Ra anniversary figure, or a special Starburst She-Ra con exclusive.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for selecting my question, 13977! Made my day!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

I love that She-Ra will be in the Grayskull packaging but sad that it won't have the filmation POP logo. If they made a POP logo sticker to go over the Filmation He-Man MOTU logo that would be awesome. They could even include a second sticker fans could use for Hordak's packaging.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Sods law isn't it, I ask if ReAction Anti-Eternia He-Man will be released on an English card and then a few days later they announce it will be at Power-Con
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I like that She-Ra will be getting MOTU style packaging. They can save the Princess of Power packaging for a She-Ra anniversary figure, or a special Starburst She-Ra con exclusive.
    lucky guy

Hope my question will be selected this time, I badly want to know if they are planning to finish CLUB GRAYSKULL
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Hope my question will be selected this time, I badly want to know if they are planning to finish CLUB GRAYSKULL
    I seriously doubt there are any plans to "finish" it.
    With the Filmation look for so many characters previously released in Collector's Choice, combined with so many yet-to-be-released characters in the Filmation style (for example: Dree Elle & Uncle Montork on CG packaging), there's years and years of potential CG releases. We're talking hundreds of potential characters.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I seriously doubt there are any plans to "finish" it.
    With the Filmation look for so many characters previously released in Collector's Choice, combined with so many yet-to-be-released characters in the Filmation style (for example: Dree Elle & Uncle Montork on CG packaging), there's years and years of potential CG releases. We're talking hundreds of potential characters.
    There are indeed years of potential FILMATION figures and I hope that will last for years as you are saying !

But for me there are years for Collectors' choice, not for Club Grayskull.

They are basically only around 30 characters left.

And that is the poll thread I posted here :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...fter-SDCC-2018

And the thread I posted here :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...inish-the-line

Maybe I am wrong but that is what I understood. For me Dree elle and Montork were for CC since they have not already been made in CLassics, but Spikor and Jitsu were for CG since they have been already made in Classic.
    For example Count Marzo has been done in 200x and can have his Filmation release in CG, as Evil seed.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    They are basically only around 30 characters left.
    I wouldn't count on that being the plan. Brian commented at SDCC how CG greatly outsells CC right now.
    I fully expect anything with a Filmation origin and aesthetic to now appear in CG rather than first appearing in CC with added details.

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    [redacted because who even cares]
    Last edited by Wandering Star; September 30, 2018 at 04:47pm. Reason: Why do I even bother continuing to post? I'm better off alone.
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    I would find this to be a disappointment if true, as I read the packaging for the story, and there is currently no "canon fix" for those already displaced into CG from CC. How many characters will suffer the same fate? The next few wave reveals should be interesting, considering that several Filmation characters placed on the last poll (Hunga, Kittrina, Red-Eye, Colonel Blast, Red Knight, General Tataran, Enchantress)... should I make popcorn?
    Again with the "canon" All we get are Bio's on the MOTUC green brick packaging and there are also Bio's on the Club Grayskull packaging. As long as the bio's keep coming that's all that matters.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Again with the "canon" All we get are Bio's on the MOTUC green brick packaging and there are also Bio's on the Club Grayskull packaging. As long as the bio's keep coming that's all that matters.
    mjw41 is right about the bios. We don't necessarily have to have CC packaging to get CC bios.

I wouldn't count on that being the plan. Brian commented at SDCC how CG greatly outsells CC right now.
    I fully expect anything with a Filmation origin and aesthetic to now appear in CG rather than first appearing in CC with added details.
    That's a bit disappointing to hear. While not a big deal for characters like Melaktha, for someone like Hunga the Harpy, she definitely needs the added Classics details to make a proper figure of her. I want detailed feathers on her, not smooth skin, and I would assume most wanting the character would feel the same.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Stratos, 4) Prince Adam, 5) Leech, 6) Kobra Khan, 7) Moss Man, 8) Shadow Weaver, 9) Bow, 10) Buzz Off

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    That's a bit disappointing to hear. While not a big deal for characters like Melaktha, for someone like Hunga the Harpy, she definitely needs the added Classics details to make a proper figure of her. I want detailed feathers on her, not smooth skin, and I would assume most wanting the character would feel the same.
    I'd definitely be happy to be wrong!

Heroic Warrior
    Well I’m happy if it turns out characters originating in the Filmation cartoons were done in that style without the added details. That’s why I grabbed Hawke, Dylamug and Granita

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Yep, or at the very least some kind of an amalgam in meshing the 2 aesthetics as we saw with Hawke pertaining to the detail on the feathers and visor and Dylamug with the Classics Horde emblem. Too plain and I'm out ✌.

Heroic Warrior

Yeah it certainly makes sense that CG outsells CC, since it has the A-list characters. Still, I too will be disappointed if they start originating Filmation characters in the CG and bypass CC.

Apparently with the CG outselling CC and the big poll results in favor of Filmation figures, that is normal super7 makes more Filmation figures.

You make what it sells well, nobody wants to work for nothing and to lose money

What I understood is they make figures we have already got in Classics into Club Grayskull sub, so normally only 30 slots left as I said above.

Then they can make Filmation figures in Collector's choice too, like they did with Granita or Dylamug, but the only question is if they classicize them or not.

That would be incredibly disappointing to hear. We want first time Filmation characters like Kittrina and Colonel Blast to be released in Collector Choice first with added details to match the existing Filmation Collector Choice figures we've been getting for year, just like has it's always been. Why would they change that now. If CC is already not selling as well as CG why would you remove the first time Filmation characters from it which will only result in it selling even poorer and take also core character slots away from CG. The great thing about CC is it has something for fans of every faction. Removing the first time Filmation characters from it would be a terrible decision IMO.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    That would be the wrong way to go.

Especially Hunga. She needs to complement the ENTIRE Princess of Power Collection as the Classics style we already have. She-Ra and a smattering of Horde Characters is not the go-ahead to put Hunga in Club Grayskull.

There are so many characters to mine in Club Grayskull. They have no reason to touch the likes of Hunga or Kittina. Sorry. Agree to disagree.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; October 1, 2018 at 08:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Yep, or at the very least some kind of an amalgam in meshing the 2 aesthetics as we saw with Hawke pertaining to the detail on the feathers and visor and Dylamug with the Classics Horde emblem. Too plain and I'm out ✌.
    Same.

CG outsells CC because CG has bigger names in it. That is not (should not be) a compelling reason to make unreleased characters in the Filmation style. New characters belong in Collector's Choice.
    "..."