Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you break your Tri-Klops trying to replace the head?

Did you break your Tri-Klops trying to replace the head?

Mine broke in a big way. The entire neck peg assembly came out, breaking the plastic piece it was looped around. Anyone else have a similar problem? If so, then people need to be warned. Please post a yes in the comments if your broke.

If yours didn't break, then there is no need to reply. I just want to get an idea of how many people had this problem.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; November 25, 2018 at 07:52pm.

I didn't get my Wave 2 order yet, so no replacement head yet either. Not that it matters though, as my Tri-Klops broke when trying to remove the head so i could fix it way back when he originally arrived. It's glued on now

I haven't touched him since I got him. I did receive the extra head and it will remain in its bag. Maybe someday I will attempt to switch it, but I am content for now.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

I broke my Tri-Klops when I tried to remove his head to unstick his visor when he first arrived. the neck peg stretched out and warped, but i was able to push it back in; however, I do not turn his head nor twist his visor for fear of further damaging the peg.

So Super 7, how about sending us all a whole new Tri-Klops body that has the appropriate green armor and sturdy neck pegs to go with these new and improved heads. after all thats what we paid for, giving us a new head to go on a defective body doesn't make sense. reminds me of that old phrase about polishing a turd.

in short, the new head is worthless. swapping heads will lead to damaging your figure or further damaging him if already damaged from the first go around

"hoss" indeed

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUmaster View Post
    I broke my Tri-Klops when I tried to remove his head to unstick his visor when he first arrived. the neck peg stretched out and warped, but i was able to push it back in; however, I do not turn his head nor twist his visor for fear of further damaging the peg.

So Super 7, how about sending us all a whole new Tri-Klops body that has the appropriate green armor and sturdy neck pegs to go with these new and improved heads. after all thats what we paid for, giving us a new head to go on a defective body doesn't make sense. reminds me of that old phrase about polishing a turd.

in short, the new head is worthless. swapping heads will lead to damaging your figure or further damaging him if already damaged from the first go around

"hoss" indeed

Did you just try pulling the head off or did you use a blow dryer on the head for 4 minutes top and sides because I used the Blow dryer with mine and the head came off easy without doing any damage to the neck peg.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Did you just try pulling the head off or did you use a blow dryer on the head for 4 minutes top and sides because I used the Blow dryer with mine and the head came off easy without doing any damage to the neck peg.
    If we need to use a blow dryer to do it, they should include that with the head

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    If we need to use a blow dryer to do it, they should include that with the head
    I did that when I first got my wave one Tri-Klops to unstick his visor. I don't believe in using Boiled water. The Blow Dryer works better
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior
    I put the old head in a cup of hot water softened the plastic then took a knife and cut a slit in the old head up to the visor then used the slit to spread the head apart fromAround the neck peg. I realized initially if I didn’t I was going to take the peg off along
    with the old head since even heated the plastic was tight around the peg like a vice. Worked like a charm no issues

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I used a blow dryer. I guess maybe mine already had a defective neck peg

Heads that broke while trying to remove them to perform a simple head swap or to fix an issue, the Super 7 edition:

Hawke - blow dryer, softened the neck peg so much it stretched out like putty
    Delora - hot water, softened the neck peg so much it stretched out like taffy
    Tri-Klops - blow dryer and flathead screwdeiver, ripped out the neck peg completely

I’m not a novice at altering figures, the neck peg was just cheaply made with soft plastic.

Sorceress, Tung Lashor = no issues head swapping, so they have improved, from my experience. The 3 CG figures have their heads held with sticky tack and they are the only 3 figures out of my 250+ collection.
    Last edited by Count Judas; October 1, 2018 at 05:26am.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I fixed my original head with no breakage.

Yeah I pulled the neck peg out and broke the piece it attached around. I should have never touched it.

Heroic Warrior
    The vendor tooled Hawke's and Fangor's head with a bigger hole for this swappable feature. Unlike the old figures where every head is removable, Super7's vendor did not tool every figure to have this feature.

It is a nice attempt, but a wider head cavity and a full barbell neck joint (as opposed to ball and loop) should be implemented for all figures going forward.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Originally when I tried to remove his head to fix visor I stretched out the neck peg and he looked ridiculous then I stuck his head in some really hot water and held the neck peg with needle nose pliers when I pulled it off then hossed the visor free and did the same thing in reverse and some how it kind of pushed the neck peg back down but he has a real stiff neck and I’m not going to try with the other head. I like some ones idea about cutting the old head that sounds like that would save the neck peg , I found that the neck peg was too weak to just push the head on so I needed to hold it with something All that being said I like him not sure that I would be too happy if my neck peg would have come completely out, I am enjoying the figures from super 7 and I have ordered them all but they are not the same they are different not all bad things but they feel different and pose different
    Last edited by Skeletor68; September 30, 2018 at 07:49am.

Ok. First of all I am trying to respect the wishes of the OP. But if I open a new thread " success in changing the head" it might be merged here? So to the OP I do apologize and if the admin wants a new thread so be it and my remarks can be moved. I heated the head for about 5 minutes with a hair drier....focusing on the head and not the neck peg. I kept lifting the head more and more as I went. It pooped right off and the neck peg was fine,no stress marks,no stretching and very strong in my opinion. I then heated the new head at the hole for 2 minutes but I could not get it on. I heated for 2 more minutes and it went right on and all is well! Back in his plastic prison. My old head will not budge,super7 really let that one go by.

Anyway. Should we have had to do this? No. But super7 recognized the issue and tried to make it right. They win my confidence.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    My Teela neck pin broke when I tried to remove her head. When I tried to get off Trikes back when he first arrived, it seemed to be heading that way so I stopped. The pins are too soft and also engineered different than the Mattel ones. Rather than that loop, they should be sort of a barbell and be made of ABS plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    If I could be honest, no one who breaks their Tri-Klops "aren't doing it right". These toys weren't engineered to remove heads unless they had other heads. No amount of water or blow drying can change that.

More than the visor is wrong. The armor is also affixed incorrectly. If they wanted to "fix him", he really needs a new figure. Preferably one in a darker green.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I wont even try. If I want to turn a Tri Klops visor ill do it on my Classics Klops. Off topic: will the people that order this wave through BBTS get the head as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    I wont even try. If I want to turn a Tri Klops visor ill do it on my Classics Klops. Off topic: will the people that order this wave through BBTS get the head as well?
    No, only those who've ordered the figures directly from Super 7 will/should receive the replacement heads.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I haven't tried changing the head, I fixed the original one heating the "head ring" using a hair dryer to make it soft, then removing and putting it back. I'm saddened for your figure and worried that it may someday happen to me, also.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 10 more to go! Artilla, Butthead, Hoove, Kayo, Lizorr, Nocturna, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Vizar.

I got a replacement head with a big white paint splotch on it. Hoo-ray.

This all doesn't make any sense. When we were kids and collected MOTU figures, I don't remember having ANY problems at all with my figures and I had a ton of them...nearly the whole collection. My figures, beasts, playsets and vehicles all worked when I got them (I can't say they stayed that way...lol). My Tri-Klops' head especially worked just fine and I'd be willing to bet most of the Tri-Klops figures back then had very little flaws with the visor. So, how are there so many problems with these "Adult Collector" figures but the ones we had as kids were fine the way they were? Sounds to me like certain figures were made better than others...and were cheaper....Hmmm

I liked apples when I was a kid, so why are these oranges I bought today so hard to peel?

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I liked apples when I was a kid, so why are these oranges I bought today so hard to peel?
    I think he's trying to ask, if Mattel could do it 1982, why can't Super 7 do it in 2018?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think he's trying to ask, if Mattel could do it 1982, why can't Super 7 do it in 2018?
    Thank you, Orn! I was hoping that wouldn't take long to realize.