Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you break your Tri-Klops trying to replace the head?

You should heat those oranges up before you try to peel them.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    You should heat those oranges up before you try to peel them.
    Ha ha ha ...

This should not be a discussion thread. That's why it was originally posted in the polls section. Discussion posts will only cloud the results. This thread is to gauge the number of broken necks, and to serve as a warning to those who haven't tried to swap the heads yet.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    This should not be a discussion thread. That's why it was originally posted in the polls section. Discussion posts will only cloud the results. This thread is to gauge the number of broken necks, and to serve as a warning to those who haven't tried to swap the heads yet.
    I moved it to discussion as you did not provide options to this thread for folks to choose. If you want to to create a new poll with options for folks to choose, feel free.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

I managed to remove the head successfully but the new head doesn't fit properly and just wobbles about like a bobble head (not unlike the 'tongue' head that came with Filmation Tung Lashor) so yeah I wish I hadn't bothered!

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I moved it to discussion as you did not provide options to this thread for folks to choose. If you want to to create a new poll with options for folks to choose, feel free.
    I couldn't find those options. I looked. Maybe I'll try again.

Widget
    Yep, the ring inside the torso connecting the neck ball joint and stem snapped. I didn't know that the repair was likely to be a problematic one, so I just followed the instructions I was sent, heated the head and applied force... and out came the ball joint from the neck.

After some serious work I managed to pull the broken piece out of the old head, and it basically looks like a 5mm ball squeezing out of a 4mm pinch point in the head. I'm not sure how hot water was supposed to let the plastic give that much, and I guess based off my own experience maybe it wasn't going to. I really wish I hadn't even attempted the repair, but I'll admit I didn't expect for a second that it would go as wrong as it did... previous experience with things like head swaps didn't quite prepare me for this one.

On a related note, anyone got any ideas for creating a new ball joint? >_<

- - - Updated - - -

In case it helps anyone at all, I managed to get mine mostly repaired, and here's what I did.

• I firstly prechecked my damaged neck ball joint, and when soft fitting the pieces back together mine seemed to bite on something inside, possibly under the pin that holds the front and back chest pieces together.
    • I covered the broken ring part (of the neck ball and ring assembly that snapped) in araldite super strong (enough to coat it anyway) and shoved it back down inside the neck.
    • I then flipped him on his head, stuck the ball joint into a bit of bluetac and had him do a hand stand until he dried. While it was drying I repositioned a few times to make sure the orientation stayed centred.
    • While it was gluing I had to wipe off the excess that flowed out of the neck a few times while it dried (the super strong stuff has a 2 hour dry time -_-).
    • After it all dried, I drilled out some of the excess material in the new Tri-Klops head (if yours was anything like mine, I ended up taking a mm of it out) so it ended up looking more like the S7 Tung Lashor neck hole... and then ploink, it went on, and stayed on.

Removing the excess material in the head has given him some tilt, and while he's lost the "back/forwards" movement outside of that, the head is attached, more or less sitting where it did before, and doesn't feel any weaker or worse for wear. Your mileage may vary of course, I was lucky that the damaged neck loop seemed to have something to friction against.

The joint was solid, fused, and more or less positioned how I wanted it. I was also trying very hard not to get any internal dripping on the waist joint, ab crunch or inside the shoulder joints, so they're all things to watch out for if you're trying to repair or make a fake ball joint I guess.

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I received my Wave 2 order (and ordered the previous Wave from S7 as well), and did not receive a replacement Tri-Klops head. Has anyone else run into this?

Widget
    I wish.

I can see a few people talking about it on the S7 facebook posts though, I don't think you're alone in not getting the replacement head.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I received my Wave 2 order (and ordered the previous Wave from S7 as well), and did not receive a replacement Tri-Klops head. Has anyone else run into this?
    Yea I didn't receive one with my order. I wrote Super7 and they sent out one to me. No way in hell am I planning on switching it out however. I'll take my chances fixing the visor if it is stuck. My Tri Klops is still in packaging so I have no idea.
    Last edited by silverhick; October 23, 2018 at 12:15pm. Reason: Fixing

Court Magician
    Got a figure off eBay. Watched PixelDan video review. Heated up head (water), stretched neck peg almost beyond recognition. Head stayed on. Super7 may have their hearts in the right place, but this line is beyond their ability. And I am infuriated this was even an issue to begin with. And I can't really complain to Super7 because I got mine second-hand market (because I can't afford subscriptions anymore).

I managed to switch the heads but the new head doesn't turn at all and has a bit of a bobble effect.

Widget
    So I take it I should just steer clear of this figure then? Iím trying to work out if itís worth a £70 investment to round out my evil warriors. Do we think Super7 will ever reissue with fixes?
    Wrongturn's Super Sale - Entire MOTUC collection for sale!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongTurn View Post
    So I take it I should just steer clear of this figure then? Iím trying to work out if itís worth a £70 investment to round out my evil warriors. Do we think Super7 will ever reissue with fixes?
    Your evil warriors will not be complete without tri-klops, he is a core character. Just handle him with care if you are not a MOC collector.

Rotating the visor is the issue because it was "stuck/ glued/ fused" when paint dried up inside after assembly of head and visor. Heating by hot water or hair dryer/ blower and prying it loose was claimed successful by those who tried those method, but there are those who failed and those who failed miserably.

Just keep this is mind, dried paint is not glue, paint should stick weaker than glue so small effort from time to time will surely loosen it, patience is a virtue.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    I can understand the irritation. I’ve just got back into Motuc after Super7 announced a reissue of Filmation Skeletor. I’ve since been picking up the other Filmation evil warriors. I’ve noted some of the contention around QC of the figures here and elsewhere - indeed the new Filmation beastman I have had some shocking QC on the head (actually chips of paint missing!). If I didn’t generally love the figure and any of the damage was visible from the front I’d be proper annoyed. Either way it’s not on for a collectors item.

Im not surprised people are ****** with a Tri-Klops who’s chief attribute doesn’t even work. For me, I’m not a massive fan of tri klop’s Filmation look. I’ll have to assess whether it’s worth the dollar and the risk of breaking it after purchase or not touching it and have a Tri-Klops without a spinning visor...

Do we think that Super7 will reissue a fixed version?

Do we think Super7 will ever reissue with fixes?
    Do we think that Super7 will reissue a fixed version?
    If and when they do, it won't be for a long, long time.

I say this because Super 7 already lost money on the figures that were returned early on and they had to sink money into a whole new batch of heads to send out to all of their buyers...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Widget
    Well I picked up a Tri-Klops with replacement head and - once I did the swap - I have to admit I rather like the figure. Is it as good as the classics version? No - but it’s meant to be a different beast, isn’t it.

I appreciate it's bad when a figure isn’t perfect right out of the box. However, perhaps I’ve got used to fixes here and there with 3rd party transformers. That said, I’d be ****** it broke during the fix...

Very glad I saw this thread.

I was planning to put the Club Grayskull Fisto head onto a headless MOTUC Fisto body I got from China years back, but now I don't think I will try it.
    2018 Super7 Dream: Filmation FISTO with chrome fist!

wait. what is this replacement head and how do I get it? I never opened mine.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Thought Brian said all was needed was a little hoss to get the visor moving? Now thereís a replacement head that replacing could break your figure?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Well this may have originally been posted in the polls section, but its also in the regular threads section with the title "Did you break your Tri-Klops trying to replace the head?" So the question will get both Yes and no answers with discussion on both ends.

There is no need to use this thread to gauge the number of broken necks, and to serve as a warning to those who haven't tried to swap the heads yet. If people listen to those who posted about Swapping it out Correctly Or just fixing the visor to get it spinning correctly there should be any broken necks. I have personally removed my Tri-Klops head twice with no problem because I used a hair dryer to heat up the head first and gently remove it once heated good and it comes off easy.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior
    Nope, kept mine as is.

Who do I contact about the head?
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    Who do I contact about the head?
    Some people - who previously ordered Triklops when he was originally up for preorder and then later received him - got the head included with their shipments of the most recent full waves of figures (Sorceress, etc.). No one knew this was coming until people started receiving them.

However, some people did not receive them, myself included. Presumably you should contact Super 7's customer service. However, their CS isn't that great (they are in the process of overhauling it to eliminate problems, but I'm not sure how far along that actually is). I emailed them about mine back in October and never received a response. I'll probably try again in the near future.