Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you break your Tri-Klops trying to replace the head?

You should heat those oranges up before you try to peel them.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    You should heat those oranges up before you try to peel them.
    Ha ha ha ...

This should not be a discussion thread. That's why it was originally posted in the polls section. Discussion posts will only cloud the results. This thread is to gauge the number of broken necks, and to serve as a warning to those who haven't tried to swap the heads yet.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    This should not be a discussion thread. That's why it was originally posted in the polls section. Discussion posts will only cloud the results. This thread is to gauge the number of broken necks, and to serve as a warning to those who haven't tried to swap the heads yet.
    I moved it to discussion as you did not provide options to this thread for folks to choose. If you want to to create a new poll with options for folks to choose, feel free.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

I managed to remove the head successfully but the new head doesn't fit properly and just wobbles about like a bobble head (not unlike the 'tongue' head that came with Filmation Tung Lashor) so yeah I wish I hadn't bothered!

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I moved it to discussion as you did not provide options to this thread for folks to choose. If you want to to create a new poll with options for folks to choose, feel free.
    I couldn't find those options. I looked. Maybe I'll try again.

Widget
    Yep, the ring inside the torso connecting the neck ball joint and stem snapped. I didn't know that the repair was likely to be a problematic one, so I just followed the instructions I was sent, heated the head and applied force... and out came the ball joint from the neck.

After some serious work I managed to pull the broken piece out of the old head, and it basically looks like a 5mm ball squeezing out of a 4mm pinch point in the head. I'm not sure how hot water was supposed to let the plastic give that much, and I guess based off my own experience maybe it wasn't going to. I really wish I hadn't even attempted the repair, but I'll admit I didn't expect for a second that it would go as wrong as it did... previous experience with things like head swaps didn't quite prepare me for this one.

On a related note, anyone got any ideas for creating a new ball joint? >_<