Thread: Waspus in MOTUC

Waspus in MOTUC

The evil "bee killing" warrior of Skeletor makes his first appearance in MOTUC. As an arch enemy to Buzzoff I think hes make a Worthy adversary, The wasp tail is cool and I am glad we are getting Stingard's staff finally. The question becomes is he a Tycon, like Tycor, or yet another insectiod like Bug Eye or Webstor. Only time will tell, In that his entry is in an upcoming bio. His head actually looks a bit like Bug Eyes now that i mention it, maybe a possibly reuse for it?

I've thought for years that Buzz-Off was crying out for a Waspish adversary. Love this character's design. I'll definitely be voting for him in plastic when the polls roll around next time!

It is interesting that with Waspus and Draego-man, we have seen head designs that are animalistic and seek to honour the creature species related to the character. In the vintage line, with the exception of the Snake Men, the figure designers tended to create monster-faces with a more humanoid structure (or with Snout Spout and Mosquitor a cyborg-element). No aligator face for Whiplash, bird-head for Stratos, or crab-head for Clawful. I don't know what it says about the design choices, except acknowledging there is a strong history for this approach with the Filmation toon tended similarly to design creatures with animalistic heads, refer Plundor and Fang-man. I tend to think Waspus would benefit from a vintage toy-style monster head rather than the depicted animal-head.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Great design. I'd be happy to see this one in Classics.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    It is interesting that with Waspus and Draego-man, we have seen head designs that are animalistic and seek to honour the creature species related to the character. In the vintage line, with the exception of the Snake Men, the figure designers tended to create monster-faces with a more humanoid structure (or with Snout Spout and Mosquitor a cyborg-element). No aligator face for Whiplash, bird-head for Stratos, or crab-head for Clawful. I don't know what it says about the design choices, except acknowledging there is a strong history for this approach with the Filmation toon tended similarly to design creatures with animalistic heads, refer Plundor and Fang-man. I tend to think Waspus would benefit from a vintage toy-style monster head rather than the depicted animal-head.
    Agreed, I'd love to see him with an newly designed monster head. It could be an alternate head if some fans prefer the full wasp look from the concept art. Just my humble opinion but I'd also love to see him use the original Buzz-Off legs, or really any pair other than those awkward 2k Dactus legs. Great idea for an new character with a nice deco and some new elements to distinguish him from Buzz-Off, the staff and stinger attachment work really well together, hope we see him one day.

Don't mess with this Waspus. Watch out for his sting.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

I'd be down for Waspus, but I'd actually refer to get Stingrad and Queen Andreenos first.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy