Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Announces New 6" She-Ra Figures Based On Netflix Animated Series

I think I heard that Mattel is going to make a mass-produced line of toys for stores. These ones are just for collectors, I think.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

These were produced by Super7 for NYCC. It was $50 for the set of two. Mattel will be bringing a more wallet friendly line to mass retail I believe.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I sent JVS3 an update about the Super7 She-Ra and Catra figures for the main page of the site, even though I assumed that Super7 would be sending their own press release to He-Man.org at some point. However, there wasn't yet any images of the figures when I sent him the update. By the time I realized the news wasn't on the main page, and saw his e-mail asking if there were any images (a requirement), it was too late.

Anyhoo...As Thunderkill mentioned, these figures were made specifically for NYCC/Super7's site for a limited time. Mattel is making their own line of toys. Here are some of the updates from the other thread:

Brian Flynn from Super7 re-confirms what Brandon Sopinsky from Mattel said back at in July at San Diego Comic Con. - Mattel will be making their own line of She-Ra toys. Super7 doesn't have the license and won't be making any additional figures from the new animated series. Netflix/DreamWorks wanted to have a figure ready in time for the premiere, so they approached Super7 and told them they had permission if they wanted to make these limited edition figures for NYCC. - Masters of the Universe Galaxy/Brian Ozone video interview with Brian Flynn. (Source)
    The discussion about She-Ra starts @ 10:35

@5:10

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    They are truly ugly

Thank you for the updates! Of course Tallstar has got the down low.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    They are truly ugly
    Disagree: They look exactly as they should. However I could infer you do not like the toon design either?

Heroic Warrior
    Des. Dont like.

They look ugly and unattractive.

But its just a Cartoon and not a reboot for a reboot from the 80s toys.

I want them beautiful and with rooted hair and fabric
    And a this girly stuff lol

- - - Updated - - -

They look like playmobil

Skeletor's face in Invicta's original post says it all, IMHO.

I love the figures. I saw them at NYCC and debated whether I should drop $50 on them or not for the pre-order, but I'm going to wait until the show comes out and see if anyone in the house likes it before I invest in the figure line. If they had been separated and $25 apiece I would have definitely put something down for She-Ra, but that $50 price tag might have been needed depending on whatever it cost Super7 for those figures to come into being for all I know.

I can't wait to get my figures. Hopefully the January, 2019 date sticks.

I was considering making a "sum up" thread (there hasn't been one of those in awhile), but I'll just post how many I got here:

3 Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I sent JVS3 an update about the Super7 She-Ra and Catra figures for the main page of the site, even though I assumed that Super7 would be sending their own press release to He-Man.org at some point. However, there wasn't yet any images of the figures when I sent him the update. By the time I realized the news wasn't on the main page, and saw his e-mail asking if there were any images (a requirement), it was too late.
    Yeah, that pre-sell window was way shorter than I realized. By the time I went to post news of the figures, the pre-order was over!
    Blink and you missed it.

I wish more people posted news as it happens to the main page, as it's setup for anyone to do that who is registered to the forums. I'm usually too busy to do it right away, or even for days. But, alas, it's often just me posting news.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yeah, that pre-sell window was way shorter than I realized. By the time I went to post news of the figures, the pre-order was over!
    Blink and you missed it.

I wish more people posted news as it happens to the main page, as it's setup for anyone to do that who is registered to the forums. I'm usually too busy to do it right away, or even for days. But, alas, it's often just me posting news.
    Is this something anyone can do, or are special privileges needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Is this something anyone can do, or are special privileges needed?
    All the info on how to do it is there in the Site Help link on the main page.

Only problem is if someone does it wrong, it'll get rejected. It's a 10 year old system, so it's clunky and not easy to use.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    All the info on how to do it is there in the Site Help link on the main page.

Only problem is if someone does it wrong, it'll get rejected. It's a 10 year old system, so it's clunky and not easy to use.
    I added some She-Ra news yesterday. Hopefully I did it right. I think it's been at least 5 years since I last added news to the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I can't wait to get my figures. Hopefully the January, 2019 date sticks.

I was considering making a "sum up" thread (there hasn't been one of those in awhile), but I'll just post how many I got here:

3 Sets
    I just got one set.

Heroic Warrior
    I don’t know how I missed this PixelDan piece. Mattel is considering their own brand new vintage 5.5 with new versions of characters?

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    The Curse of the Three Terrors is on iTunes.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior

Andre gets a set of the new She-Ra figures.

I would love to add Angella, Netossa, Frosta, and Mermista especially to my collection.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I saw that yesterday. The figures are a lot bigger than I was expecting. Makes them seem like less of a rip off.

Andre's one of my favorite "nerd" YouTube channels. I think he's funny and his perspective on adults that get worked up over children's cartoons is spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    https://youtu.be/UiEqONuwX88
    Andre gets a set of the new She-Ra figures.
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

I kinda sorta almost regret not getting these figures when they were available. I had no interest in them at all, but now since I've been watching the show I kind of want them now lol. Oh well...money saved I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I kinda sorta almost regret not getting these figures when they were available. I had no interest in them at all, but now since I've been watching the show I kind of want them now lol. Oh well...money saved I guess.
    Well...okay, since u went first...lol
    I was so against these redesigns but after, u know, giving it an actual fair chance, i liked it so much i went with the BBTS preorder.
    I believe they are still up if u chage your mind.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Soooooo.... are they coming to stores.... If we get an action figure line in the UK, I'm totally purchasing Bow, Swift Wind & Scorpia
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    I wish they'd continue on with this line beyond just the two initial figures.

Beyond Bow and Glimmer, I'd love to see Shadow Weaver, Hordak, Entrapta, Grizzlor and the Horde cadets in this scale.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    The Curse of the Three Terrors is on iTunes.
    Is this on yoztube or anytjing too?
    I dont have iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    These were produced by Super7 for NYCC. It was $50 for the set of two. Mattel will be bringing a more wallet friendly line to mass retail I believe.

Are you sure ? This should be Mattel,s property and yet i seen nothing so far suggesting Mattel wants anything to do with this or even one mention of Dream Works She Ra . Have they not sold the property rights ?

There are so many body types and thats a horrible nightmare budget for any toy company alone . Lets discuss something more iffy . Most of these princesses are not attractive and thats going to translate into the toys . Ugly evil monsters are cool to collect but not Princesses . I dont see any girls choosing Glimmer or Entrapta over Disney Princess dolls .

Mattel Makes Barbie . Its cheaper to produce Barbie dolls because they all look the same , just different hair colour and dresses . Barbie is also the prettiest dolly on this planet . Barbie is everything this new She Ra is not .