Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Ultimate Edition Club Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor - preorder info

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    did they say when pre-orders would be opened? I dont want to miss out on the Skelly again.
    Brian said 22nd Of October or around then. Others have said Super7 said at NYCC October 27th so I would keep an eye out from the 22nd on. Also super7 said before the preorder should be a month long, but we will see.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Brian said 22nd Of October or around then. Others have said Super7 said at NYCC October 27th so I would keep an eye out from the 22nd on. Also super7 said before the preorder should be a month long, but we will see.
    Has Brian told anything about Snake Mountain preorder? November? Dicember?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Ok This thread has gone off topic lets bring it back to what it's about Super7 ULTIMATE Filmation He-Man and Skeletor at NYCC.
    ' '

k

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Has Brian told anything about Snake Mountain preorder? November? Dicember?
    Nope not a word
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Nope not a word
    And so use your persuasion methods and ask him the playset preorder day!

I've picked up the money for the SM! I NEED THAT SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

He accepted your friend request on Facebook and now, after asking him when Snake Mountain will go up for pre orders, he's not talking to you..... something's wrong, I'm worried. Maybe he's hurt, or unable to get to a computer or phone. You should ask him again.... he probably missed your first 10 messages about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    He accepted your friend request on Facebook and now, after asking him when Snake Mountain will go up for pre orders, he's not talking to you..... something's wrong, I'm worried. Maybe he's hurt, or unable to get to a computer or phone. You should ask him again.... he probably missed your first 10 messages about it

Lol that was golden

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Court Magician
    So glad to see that other fans share my dislike of this Power Sword sculpt. It looks horrible and it has to go. I understand that at this time it may be too late for them to completely resculpt an accurate Filmation Power Sword and include it with this release, but I really hope they make a weapons pack in the future and include an all-new Filmation Power Sword and Havok Staff.
    An "up and down" wrist hinge is essential for this He-Man. He simply cannot achieve his most iconic pose and hold his sword aloft with the "in and out" wrist articulation seen on this figure. The up and down wrist hinge would also be beneficial for Filmation Skeletor so he can point his Havok Staff at both foe and minion alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    So glad to see that other fans share my dislike of this Power Sword sculpt. It looks horrible and it has to go. I understand that at this time it may be too late for them to completely resculpt an accurate Filmation Power Sword and include it with this release, but I really hope they make a weapons pack in the future and include an all-new Filmation Power Sword and Havok Staff.
    An "up and down" wrist hinge is essential for this He-Man. He simply cannot achieve his most iconic pose and hold his sword aloft with the "in and out" wrist articulation seen on this figure. The up and down wrist hinge would also be beneficial for Filmation Skeletor so he can point his Havok Staff at both foe and minion alike.
    These are great ideas. I would think that given the opportunity, Super 7 would want to improve on the figures as much as possible. A hinged-wrist seems like a no-brainer, as well as an accurate Power Sword. After the ankles, the power sword was the most talked-about disappointment with the original figures...

I know that custom-made Power Swords can be bought, but most of them are made with 3D printing techniques and come out with a funky texture to them... I paid a good amount of money for one a while back, and I was really upset with the "thatched" pattern on it...

I'm torn...I was able to get CG He-Man when he was on sale at GameStop, but was never able to find Skeletor at a reasonable price. I could get him now, but I'd really prefer him in the Filmation-inspired packaging. Hmmmm...
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

Great! I missed Skeletor, and now I'll have the chance to get it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Can someone explain the purpose of the second Skeletor head?
    It kinda looks like the floating Skeletor head from the end of the cartoon intro which in and of itself is pretty cool..

Quote Originally Posted by platypusrex82 View Post
    I'm torn...I was able to get CG He-Man when he was on sale at GameStop, but was never able to find Skeletor at a reasonable price. I could get him now, but I'd really prefer him in the Filmation-inspired packaging. Hmmmm...
    I suspect that these will bring the price of the originals down. Maybe to a point that’s more palatable?

In all honesty, I’m going to get another set, but I might actually prefer to get the Mattel ones over these. The ankles don’t really bother me, and I think the differences in plastic will be more important on he-man and bone head as they’ve got more flesh on display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    I suspect that these will bring the price of the originals down. Maybe to a point that’s more palatable?

In all honesty, I’m going to get another set, but I might actually prefer to get the Mattel ones over these. The ankles don’t really bother me, and I think the differences in plastic will be more important on he-man and bone head as they’ve got more flesh on display.

I suspect the price of the originals will still remain high. I think many view the mattel versions as superior as they were made with "better" plastic and were made by Mattel, plus there is not that many of them to go around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Great! I missed Skeletor, and now I'll have the chance to get it
    Me too, now a chance to get skeletor. Don't care if it is this ultimate or the previous mattel one (which is way too overpriced on the secondary market, and that will change soon finally). I just need him for my filmation set to make any sense.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

"Super7 Ultimate Edition Club Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor"

Also known as "A License to Print Money."

I don't think anyone can blame Super7 for limiting production runs (no one wants to get caught with dead stock), but one would have to think that keeping these editions in stock 365 days would simply lead to many, many He-Mans and Skeletors being sold.
    2018 Super7 Dream: Filmation FISTO with chrome fist!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Hopefully Super7 will listen to what we have to say. These "Ultimates" have to be definitive figures, not worse than Mattel already did.

I cant wait for the preorder to start!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post

Yeah, I don't know about that plastic. It's subtle, but still off-putting. In all likelihood I'll probably cave and get Skeletor.
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

What's funny about this translucent, waxy plastic is, I don't know that its cheaper, or any less expensive than perhaps other plastic that has been used, but maybe it was an artistic choice, seeing that skin has a subtle translucent look, maybe they thought it was a better choice to differentiate these figures from the other runs. However, people have brought up the fact that the Filmation figures shouldn't look real and translucent, they should look painted, just like the animation cell used to produce the cartoon.

I feel the same. The bodies may look OK waxy, but a lot of details in the face seem to melt away and look almost amorphous and undefined with the application of painted eyes, lips, etc. The plastic needs to be more opaque.

I feel the same. The bodies may look OK waxy, but a lot of details in the face seem to melt away and look almost amorphous and undefined with the application of painted eyes, lips, etc. The plastic needs to be more opaque.
    This has been a big issue with Super 7... I'm not in the business so I don't know what needs to be done to fix it, but I completely agree with you.

Look what super 7 just posted! All the magnificent heads for He-man to be included with the Ultimate edition! Whhhhhhooooo hooooooo!

That's awesome that He-Man comes with all those extra heads. And I love the shield and axe.

Well, since these will be up for pre order at the same time as CG Wave 3 (Oct 22 - Nov 15th) , does anyone know, can we order them all together, and will we be able to do the payment plan thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    That's awesome that He-Man comes with all those extra heads. And I love the shield and axe.

Well, since these will be up for pre order at the same time as CG Wave 3 (Oct 22 - Nov 15th) , does anyone know, can we order them all together, and will we be able to do the payment plan thing?
    If there’s a payment plan I can order more!