Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Ultimate Edition Club Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor at NYCC

Heroic Warrior
    Too bad they didn’t give skeletor Head a movable jaw like the marvel legends ghost rider

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Okay, this is awesome news for a couple different reasons. I missed these guys the first time around so I'm super excited about that but I'm probably more pumped about the fact that eBay sellers who are selling these two original figures for $160-$200 probably won't get what they're asking for anymore by the "GHI's (Gotta Have It's)".

Oh sorry, "Gotta Have It's" are my definition of die hard Masters of the Universe fans who will pay a stupid amount to dealers to get figures that they've missed out on in the past. GHI"s either keep the corrupt dealers' always setting high prices or these people will battle it out in a bidding war that makes the prices skyrocket to a price that shouldn't even be considered when buying action figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Better ankles on He Man but the trade off is that S7 unpainted plastic face. I'll buy them to display mosc and an extra He Man to display with the robot head.

Curious as to why folks are thinking the robotic He-man head is Faker? Faker wasn't a robot in the Filmation cartoon, that robot was created by Man-At-Arms as a diversion to rescue Prince Adam from Skeletor, who demanded He-Man to show up after he kidnapped Adam.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Glad to see the Robot He-Man head.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

I own the originals but will definitely get these, new boots, heads and I need that axe. Start the preorders Super7

Court Magician
    Aaaaah, I hope He-Man gets a Filmation-acurate Sword of Power. Please S7, don‘t overlook this big issue from the „first release“.

Widget
    I have the originals, but these are great! It's too bad they didn't include a Filmation Faker head with He-Man.

I would love to get an Ultimates Evil-Lyn to replace the one Mattel botched.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Curious as to why folks are thinking the robotic He-man head is Faker? Faker wasn't a robot in the Filmation cartoon, that robot was created by Man-At-Arms as a diversion to rescue Prince Adam from Skeletor, who demanded He-Man to show up after he kidnapped Adam.
    I'm not talking for everyone else but a pot of white paint and a fine brush makes this Faker. The robot head is just a cool looking accessory.

It's something I've wanted to do for a while but **** those after market prices.

I was afraid of this. WRONG loincloth again.
    They used the Tung Lashor part, as in Prince Adam laughing.

Last edited by Baedal; October 4, 2018 at 01:17pm.

Well this is great news. The originals are my favourite figures out of all my toys, and not having “back ups” has been a source of constant worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Days!!! At least I wont have to shell out $400 plus for both of them

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    I was afraid of this. WRONG loincloth again.
    They used the Tung Lashor part, as in Prince Adam laughing.

https://preview.ibb.co/hv2AMz/Loincloth.jpg
    Well, my life is destroyed.

I hope they give him a true Filmation Sword of Power, not the stubby MOTUC attempt at a Filmation Sword of Power. She-Ra's sword is perfect.

20181004_181921.jpg
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Well, my life is destroyed.
    Next thing you know, He-Ro will have a sculpted insignia instead of a sticker!

While I have the originals, I will pick these up just to have an extra set.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

They look great! Congrats to those who need these figures! But man, Super 7 just will NOT fully paint the faces huh? Oh well, just buy a can of Tamiya Color Flat Clear lacquer and it will take the gloss right off the hands and face!

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Next thing you know, He-Ro will have a sculpted insignia instead of a sticker!
    GASP.

Y’know what though, I do hope they’d fix another one of Mattel’s mistakes and change the wrist pivot joint in his right hand. It should be a vertical pivot so he can point the sword skyward. Both hands here are using a horizontal pivot.

Do you guys think these will be made at the old Mattel Factory where the originals were made, or the new Super7 factory?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Is that what we're supposed to be seeing? Surprised and angry? They look almost identical to me.
    It looks like the new head (the one sitting next to the figure) may be more cartoon accurate IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Do you guys think these will be made at the old Mattel Factory where the originals were made, or the new Super7 factory?
    I dont imagine S7 has access to Mattel stuff anymore. I would think these are made with new molds hence the ankle and loincloth differences

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    Finally!!!! Yessss Corrected ankles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    They look great! Congrats to those who need these figures! But man, Super 7 just will NOT fully paint the faces huh? Oh well, just buy a can of Tamiya Color Flat Clear lacquer and it will take the gloss right off the hands and face!
    How do you apply it without hitting the whole figure when you only want the hands and face done?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    I like how they made a better Diamond Ray Of Disappearance than Mattel did
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

I think he-man is great- better than the original , definitely looks to be more consistent with Super 7's filmation line. The face even looks more filmation accurate. I am buying for sure.

But here is where I am disappointed -
    *No swappable finger pointed hands from skeletor ( Skeletor is always pointing at things)
    *No moveable jaw
    *I'm gonna guess that the packaging will not be resealable. C'mon guys!

I score this as a B+ overall ( I would say 88 or 89 ) . I think it was something that makes sense on a financial level. People will buy ; whether they are hardcore and non-hardcore alike.
    But being a hardcore fan on a budget, I think I'm only getting He-man. It doubles as faker, looks more cartoon accurate, will go well with Teela and Duncan. If Skeletor had those swappable finger-point hands -it would have made all the difference in the world to me. I also think there should be a little more skull and less hood. It would have been nice to have the open jaw "surprise" look.

Good move , Super 7. If these were available at a major retailer, I'd bet my mother's mortal soul that they would definitely fly off the shelves. These are what people want. In fact, if you made them available on the Super 7 website as Ever-green figures you'd get a positive response, and at the right price, you'd have people like me buying duplicates.

Heroic Warrior
    Now I dont have to keep refreshing ebay to see if skeletor dropped below $200

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    I think he-man is great- better than the original , definitely looks to be more consistent with Super 7's filmation line. The face even looks more filmation accurate. I am buying for sure.

But here is where I am disappointed -
    *No swappable finger pointed hands from skeletor ( Skeletor is always pointing at things)
    *No moveable jaw
    *I'm gonna guess that the packaging will not be resealable. C'mon guys!

I score this as a B+ overall ( I would say 88 or 89 ) . I think it was something that makes sense on a financial level. People will buy ; whether they are hardcore and non-hardcore alike.
    But being a hardcore fan on a budget, I think I'm only getting He-man. It doubles as faker, looks more cartoon accurate, will go well with Teela and Duncan. If Skeletor had those swappable finger-point hands -it would have made all the difference in the world to me. I also think there should be a little more skull and less hood. It would have been nice to have the open jaw "surprise" look.

Good move , Super 7. If these were available at a major retailer, I'd bet my mother's mortal soul that they would definitely fly off the shelves. These are what people want. In fact, if you made them available on the Super 7 website as Ever-green figures you'd get a positive response, and at the right price, you'd have people like me buying duplicates.
    yeah sure, how abt a **** under the loin cloth too...geez!!!
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!