Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Ultimate Edition Club Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor at NYCC

I have both originals and they really are outstanding, but of course will pick these up for the package and extras.

We really have to push hard on the face issue though. It’s literally ruining the A listers.

PAINT THE FACES THEY’RE SUPPOSED TO BE CARTOON ACCURATE!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well he man and she ra are production pieces so they won’t have painted faces

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

It’s a shame He-man’s right wrist doesn’t look to go up and down like the original but in and out like all the others.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Well first thought was I don't need another set as I had the first 2, even sold off the extra Filmation Skeletor I did have. Then I saw the Robt head and thought yep, getting that, then "hmmm I suppose Snake Mountain would look pretty empty when it comes without a Skeletor of it's own.... So yep I'm in for both! Keep 'em coming Super7!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Theyíll
    Probably use the faker head as a pack in on another figure to entice sales
    I am quitely confident that as there are only limited filmation figures to release, to spread it out further, they will release a faker further down the track much like robot heman in wave 2 being almost identical to wave 1 heman in the vintage line

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevb33 View Post
    By the way, shouldn't this thread be at the Super 7 forum? Or at least another version of it there. These are made by Super 7 are they not? I wonder when pre-orders will begin?
    This forum is for CC and CG figures for MOTUC. Since Super 7 took over making these, this is the forum to discuss them.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Heroic Warrior
    They really should have kept the up/down hinged wrist, the holding sword aloft pose is so iconic. Speaking if the sword, it’s better than the **** one Mattel used, but it’s still not great. She-ra’s sword is spot on, they should have used that mold without the jewel.

he man's head looks terrible with that plastic. translucent/waxy/gummy/whatever
    that's how the mini comic 3pack figures looked and how the quake figure looked too.
    the looks is extremely subpar and doesnt mix well with mattel masters.

S7 has got to fix the hinge on hemans wrist to hold the power sword up

anyway glad to have rereleases. i got both of these from Mattel but they were the first run with the botched gappy ankles, which really bothered me so i sold them.

I do hope there's still time to tweak these. The inside of Skeletor's hood should be black to correct the one mistake with the Mattel version, and He-Man's waxy face is not good.

Issues identified until now:

- Translucent/waxy plastic in both.
    - He-Man without Up/down hinged wrist and with incorrect loincloth.
    - Skeletor with He-Man hands, there's something on the forearms that looks weird too.
    - True Filmation Sword of Power missing yet.

Please Super7, take note and correct.

Wow, after seeing pics of these and the new FILMATION She-Ra characters on Toyark I'm all in! Hopefully Super7 also releases "Ultimate" Teela and Sorceress in order to make things right with those botched figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Wow, after seeing pics of these and the new FILMATION She-Ra characters on Toyark I'm all in! Hopefully Super7 also releases "Ultimate" Teela and Sorceress in order to make things right with those botched figures.
    I'd be down for teela and sorceress redos but doubt that will be happen.
    Face seems off on. He-man due to plastic, but glad they are finally reissuing

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    I'd be down for teela and sorceress redos but doubt that will be happen.
    Face seems off on. He-man due to plastic, but glad they are finally reissuing
    Yeah I like the new Skeletor head as it seems more cartoon accurate but this would have been a great opportunity to also improve the He-Man head sculpt and power sword. I think the new crotch/loin cloth is an improvement as I always thought the previous one was more of a cheat. I would love for S7 at some point to do an ultimate Teela with improved head sculpt and hips. I know some would be angry at having to pay more for a "fixed" Teela but at this point I think it would be a good move in the long term for Super 7.

I think all the "waxy" ness with body and head is an attempt to cut costs by molding the body in flesh colored plastic, and skipping a step by not having to paint the body or the head. I wonder if they could just mold the body out of a more opaque plastic with a slightly lighter tone to give it that animation cell look, while still not having to paint it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    This forum is for CC and CG figures for MOTUC. Since Super 7 took over making these, this is the forum to discuss them.
    True but there is a SUPER7 forum that discusses these type in the past too. Is a thread about these not allowed there too? Some check it more and may miss out on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Issues identified until now:

https://image.ibb.co/kU6VOe/Issues.jpg

- Translucent/waxy plastic in both.
    - He-Man without Up/down hinged wrist and with incorrect loincloth.

- Skeletor with He-Man hands, there's something on the forearms that looks weird too.
    - True Filmation Sword of Power missing yet.

Please Super7, take note and correct.
    Great post. Unfortunately it looks like these absolutely pivotal, centrepiece of a collection figures, are going to be victims of Super 7s “we’re only going to show you when they’re ready” policy.

Zero fan input in other words. The more I look at these the more ****** off I get. Such a shame and glad I have the originals, others not so lucky. Does Brian not realise these figures are literally the key to bringing loads more collectors on board?

Quote Originally Posted by Despotron View Post
    Great post. Unfortunately it looks like these absolutely pivotal, centrepiece of a collection figures, are going to be victims of Super 7s “we’re only going to show you when they’re ready” policy.

Zero fan input in other words. The more I look at these the more ****** off I get. Such a shame and glad I have the originals, others not so lucky. Does Brian not realise these figures are literally the key to bringing loads more collectors on board?
    It's too bad that Brian started that policy because he didn't want to take the constructive criticism from customers. I would do the exact opposite and show the prototypes early to get customer feedback so that I could make the best product for the fans.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    It's too bad that Brian started that policy because he didn't want to take the constructive criticism from customers. I would do the exact opposite and show the prototypes early to get customer feedback so that I could make the best product for the fans.
    Super 7 might benefit from having a handful of product review people from the customer base to note those things.

It looks like these are less than ultimate in a lot of different ways, but happy news, nonetheless, for folks who didnít catch these characters from Matty collector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

yeah but honestly there are those who are never happy and they compare statues faces to a toys like they should be exact. Some nit pick way to much and others are down right rude and sarcastic about it. I know mattel got tired of hearing it on their forums. I guess Super7 got tired of it too when they showed us a first pass. I see some really Rude comments on their FB page. and honestly if it were me I would sell anything to those people...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Super 7 might benefit from having a handful of product review people from the customer base to note those things.

It looks like these are less than ultimate in a lot of different ways, but happy news, nonetheless, for folks who didn’t catch these characters from Matty collector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they got called Ultimates due to having multiple weapons and a few heads.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Well Super7 has to be the adult in the room when it comes to criticism. Obviously there are going to be rude or insulting comments. So you ignore that nonsense but pay attention to the comments that really are genuine valid complaints. It's not all or nothing.

Well Super7 has to be the adult in the room when it comes to criticism. Obviously there are going to be rude or insulting comments. So you ignore that nonsense but pay attention to the comments that really are genuine valid complaints. It's not all or nothing.
    I know what you mean and it's easy to say , but I guess when your Brian and team reading some of this vile crap posted you can't help but feel like no matter what we do they aren't happy. I'm sure they feel bad reading some of this stuff. I know Brian isn't in business to make crappy stuff. He's trying as MOTUC"S figures are new to his world of manufacturing. Lots more articulation than his reaction products and they had their growing pains with wave one. Wave two is a lot better plastic wise and less reported QC issues so far.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Aside from my pet-complaint about the lack of Collectors Choice figures (esp. NA):

NYCC 2018 shows good strategic decision making by Super 7.

It’s a good time to reveal He-man and Skeletor as Filmation Ultimates. It makes sense to reach out to a more general audience - especially after Laughing Adam was a surprise hit a few months ago. This might draw in new customers to the Classics line (better than a Hunga, Lizzor or Lady Slither could).

Also: Using the marketing push for Netflix She-ra as a springboard for toy sells... (Seems obvious, but not to Mattel).

Iím in on these. New weapons. Robot He-Man head. Yeah Iím in
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Anyone tired of all the He-Man especially, Skeletor and a few other variations?
    Otherwise, the weapons and robot head are neat.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; October 6, 2018 at 09:39am. Reason: Additional
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Admiral Scurvy, Skytree and Songster.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    Anyone tired of all the He-Man especially, Skeletor and a few other variations?
    Otherwise, the weapons and robot head are neat.
    No! Fans have been asking for Filmation reissues of these two for almost a year because the mattel ones are so expensive on the secondary market.

This gives those who don't have them the chance to own them and it could bring in new customers.