Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DreamWorks unveils She-Ra and the Princesses of Power season 1 trailer

DreamWorks unveils She-Ra and the Princesses of Power season 1 trailer

TRAILER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGMkAWB6lY

During a packed panel at New York Comic Con (October 4th, 2018), DreamWorks Animation Television debuted the full trailer for the highly anticipated Netflix original series She-Ra and The Princesses of Power with panelists executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Nimona, Lumberjanes), Aimee Carrero (voice of Adora/She-Ra), Karen Fukuhara (voice of Glimmer), Marcus Scribner (voice of Bow) and moderator Krutika Malikarjuna, Features Editor for TV Guide. Fans were treated to an expanded first look at the series, including clips highlighting several characters from season one including Adora/She-Ra, Glimmer, Bow, Entrapta, Mermista, and Perfuma among many others. The audience also got a first look inside the evil Horde with clips introducing Hordak and Shadow Weaver.

Aimee Carrero (Elena of Avalor) stars as Adora/She-Ra, Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad) as Glimmer, AJ Michalka (The Goldbergs) as Catra, Marcus Scribner (black-ish) as Bow, Reshma Shetty (Royal Pains) as Angella, Lorraine Toussaint (Orange is the New Black) as Shadow Weaver, Keston John (The Good Place) as Hordak, Lauren Ash (Superstore) as Scorpia, Christine Woods (Hello Ladies) as Entrapta, Genesis Rodriguez (Time After Time) as Perfuma, Jordan Fisher (Grease Live!) as Seahawk, Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Mermista, Merit Leighton (Katie and Alexa) as Frosta, Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) as Castaspella, and Krystal Joy Brown (Motown: The Musical) as Netossa.

Inspired by the popular '80s animated series, DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power tells the epic story of an orphan named Adora, who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess She-Ra. Along the way, she finds a new family in the Rebellion as she unites a group of magical princesses in the ultimate fight against evil.

In addition to the panels, DreamWorks is currently offering an immersive fan experience inspired by the imaginative world of the highly-anticipated series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power at Booth # 502. The activation includes a larger-than-life She-Ra statue, as well as interactive photo opportunities that will transport guests straight to Etheria, the Whispering Woods and Hordak's lair. Reservations are required to attend the fan experience. Please look out for more information on New York Comic Con’s social channels.

Panel Highlights Include:
    • Hammerstein Ballroom was packed with fans wearing She-Ra crowns and raising cardboard swords in the air shouting "For the Power of Grayskull!" when posing for a massive group picture with the cast.
    • EP Noelle Stevenson introduced over 10 minutes of footage throughout the panel, including the full season 1 trailer.
    • Clips highlighted the introduction of major characters, including the first four minutes of the pilot episode.
    • Noelle Stevenson spoke to the tall order of honoring the original series, but also creating one that can stand on it's own for new audiences today.
    • The cast spoke to the unique experience of being able to record together, which leads to more meaningful chemistry onscreen.
    • Moderator Krutika Mallikarjuna asked each of the cast members to choose the character they are most excited for audiences to meet.
    - Aimee Carrero chose Frosta voiced by Merit Leighton
    - Karen Fukuhara chose Entrapta voiced by Christine Woods
    - Marcus Scriber chose Sea Hawk voiced by Jordan Fisher
    - Noelle Stevenson chose Scorpia voiced by Lauren Ash
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 62 - DreamWorks She-Ra, what do we think?
    The First He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Looks good to me!

High School kids - in SPAAAAaaaaaaaaaaace...
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

That WAS FLIPPEN AMAZING! I am SOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDD! Cannot wait.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Looks decent enough. Nice animation, humour seems funny, seems to have an epc story.

Interesting that Adora dosn't keep her identity as She-Ra a secret in this version.
    Last edited by A Dalek; October 4, 2018 at 04:22pm.

OMG! Sooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!! I love it.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Fantastic! I'm putting this on at home as soon as I've collected my daughters from school

Grammer Flunky
    Sigh.

Take away the bad art.

Take away the cast and crew being idiots.

I might give it a chance on that trailer if it was a NEW Brand. but not as She-Ra. it could be called anything else and the characters given totally different names and it'd come off just the same.

SOLD!

Bow seems to be channeling Sokka, and they seem to have some good personalities. Definitely giving this a five episode chance.

And saw something promising at 2:07
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    OMG! Sooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!! I love it.
    Me too me too me too

I think it looks cool. I think kids will dig it.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Glad to see Imp made the cut, but any sign of Kowl?

Disappointed they know Adora is She-ra.
    Last edited by Stagnataur; October 4, 2018 at 04:38pm.

Widget
    Very into it. I really love the twist on the secret identity honestly... makes way more sense than in the original show. Can't wait to see how this all develops.
    My podcast (note: very political, very bad jokes): http://www.nerdologues.com/podcasts/...gressive-power

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    2: A character would learn an extremely simple lesson in an episode and their personality would more or less reset by the next time they appeared.

3: I wouldn't call it insulting but I would call it poorly written by modern standards.

As for the stream. Bow's voice actor needs to stop talking. The rest are fine.
    2.like i said, they wouldn't dwell on it. Glimmer learn that she looks fine the way she is and they don't bonk you with that on and on for the rest of the seasons

3.well, writing styles do change

So Adora is not brain washed and everyone knows she is She-ra? So the Horde know exactly where she is at all times. And Sea Hawk seems to be more active in the rebellion.

LOOKS AMAZING!!
    I saw someone say there were only 13 episodes? any confirmation on that?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    LOOKS AMAZING!!
    That is true; it was said during the Hammerstein panel (I think by the moderator).
    My podcast (note: very political, very bad jokes): http://www.nerdologues.com/podcasts/...gressive-power

LOOKS AMAZING!!
    13 for season one.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 62 - DreamWorks She-Ra, what do we think?
    The First He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Well that kinda stinks....whatever happened to the days of getting 30-40 episodes a season. I mean there were 2 seasons of She-Ra and we got over 90 episodes

The trailer was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, HOWEVER most of the characters still look like trash. I hate what they did with Frosta, HATE. Angela was the only character in that whole trailer that looked OK to me. Still probably going to skip it. I only heard part of the interview from Comic Con and I was not impressed with what I heard. The kid who plays Bow is a moron.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Widget
    Well that kinda stinks....whatever happened to the days of getting 30-40 episodes a season. I mean there were 2 seasons of She-Ra and we got over 90 episodes
    Man I thought we were just gonna get six haha... pretty stoked about the 13 (and trying to figure out if I can get out of work that day...).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    The trailer was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, HOWEVER most of the characters still look like trash. I hate what they did with Frosta, HATE. Angela was the only character in that whole trailer that looked OK to me. Still probably going to skip it. I only heard part of the interview from Comic Con and I was not impressed with what I heard. The kid who plays Bow is a moron.

What is a moron?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    What is a moron?
    A stupid person - LOL! He just rubbed me the wrong way. Young people, meh!

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Quote Originally Posted by EricButRebooted View Post
    Man I thought we were just gonna get six haha... pretty stoked about the 13 (and trying to figure out if I can get out of work that day...).
    Definitely!! I will take 13 over 6-10. Dragon Prince only had 9. So yeah i'm excited!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks

He rubbed you?

You mean the voice actor right?
    Have to Google him

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    Now this looks like the very definition of a big pile of crap.
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!