Thread: Best way to sell a lot of MOTUC?

Best way to sell a lot of MOTUC?

I'm preparing to sell a decent lot of MOTUC figures and wondering what is the best route to do so, any advice?

I prefer to not sell anything separately from the lot and not sure how to ship or maybe is it best to sell in the local region and meet halfway?

Thanks!

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    You may already know these but:

Many people post here with an asking price or request for reasonable offers. Selling direct helps you avoid the final value fee that ebay takes (10%, usually), and there are marketplace profiles that can tell you if folks are reliable.

If you get no bites here, then I recommend going to ebay, and adding a premium to cover your fees, which should also cover shipping insurance in the event of loss or damage. Ebay can reach a bigger market, and has procedures in place to protect buyers and sellers.

Home depot has some extra large heavy duty boxes that make good shipping boxes for things like this.

When it comes to price, remember that no one wants to pay full ebay price for figures purchased in a lot.

Best of luck, mate!
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

I think the first step is to avoid selling in big lots. For someone starting a collection, this may seem ideal, but you have a very small pool of people to sell to. It's easy for sellers to want to do this because it seems like the quick way to rid the collection, but it may actually take longer (unless you get lucky).

I had the most success selling my 200x collection on eBay, one by one. I did post here to the .org first, but nothing panned out. I think most people are interested in Classics right now, which is cool by me.

Otherwise, you may want to sell in very small lots, and even if you sell individual, the really interested people will approach you to buy bigger lots with a reasonable discount.

For shippiny, use tracking, and the baaic rule of thumb is that it costs $5 for every one pound.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Exactly. Sell in mini-lots, because if you are expecting to find 1 buyer for the entire collection in one fell swoop, you might be waiting a while in comparison to what you would find in terms of buyers looking to start a collection little by little given how large the offerings are.

For example, you could sell them by faction ie. The Horde, Snake Men, NA, etc. The problem with that would be NA, because other than Optikk or NA He-Man, they just don't go for that much, even selling for below retail. In that case and in general you may want to group figures that sell for higher amounts with those that sell for lower amounts.

If you're going to sell in big lots, you're only going to be selling to the odd individual who really wants to jump into this line late or to a reseller who isn't going to pay that much as they're planning to, you know, resell them. I've been selling on Ebay for years and rarely do I find selling large lots of fairly expensive items to be worth it. Unless it's a random lot you want to get rid of, you're going to make much better money by selling individually. You'd be much better off listing the figures on here and selling off your most popular/ valuable pieces. Then go from there.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

You can sell me a small lot of mosquitor, battle armor heman and kobra kahn if you like

Heroic Warrior
    sell in lots including both popular and unpopular figures. Maybe by fanction. The other option is listing individually but youll have a lot left over, the left overs will probably have to be sold in cheap lots. It probably easier to just store them away if you dont need the money

Widget
    I’d be interested in buying a lot or two if you went that way. Ive just started a collection and I’m looking for an easy way to get it rolling.

Well, where did imonmywayup go? Asked a question and lived up to his/her name.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I haven't had time to compile anything yet. Wedding over the weekend. I'm still thinking of how to handle it. I have several of the figures packed away and would need to probably take pictures. I work 2 jobs so its just not been easy finding time yet! I have a list of what figures I want to sell on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by imonmywayup View Post
    I haven't had time to compile anything yet. Wedding over the weekend. I'm still thinking of how to handle it. I have several of the figures packed away and would need to probably take pictures. I work 2 jobs so its just not been easy finding time yet! I have a list of what figures I want to sell on my phone.
    Welcome back! What do you think about the advice we've provided? Is it helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Welcome back! What do you think about the advice we've provided? Is it helpful?
    Yes I just divided them into subsets, slightly by faction. Should I post a new thread and just post them for sale here?

Quote Originally Posted by imonmywayup View Post
    Yes I just divided them into subsets, slightly by faction. Should I post a new thread and just post them for sale here?
    Awesome. Yes, a new thread would be a good idea. Including some of the heavy hitters in your thread title will help. Good luck!