Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Improving our Customer Service at Super7

S7 need to realize that when they don't answer us it puts us in even more of a bind. As completionists I may have to consider a RE-BUY of their product on the secondary market because they are not fulfilling their obligations to replace the defective products in the first place.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Widget
    It's alright guys, I'm sure Brian & the crew will do yet another funny video update to let us know all is well and more pre orders are coming!

Meanwhile, customer satisfaction is still not being addressed properly and I'd imagine more and more MOTU fans will unfortunately turn their back on S7....
    A real shame and a pretty greedy way to do business which is damaging the brand for the long term....

I will admit, as you can see from my previous posts I have been getting rather impatient that my LPA has not yet shipped, even after emailing them weekly and then daily. Bottomline is, they acknowledged that they’re starting from scratch and working their way through issues. So I could not really be angry when S7 said they are starting to fix things. If you haven’t gotten an answer from them yet, keep writing. And yes it shouldn’t have come to this point but it did. Your approach is everything. I got an answer at last about my purchase and they are fixing the error and I will now wait for Rudy and the team to ship my LPA. It all starts with a bit of patience (yes I should be one to talk!). Keep at it. As someone wise said - this too shall pass..... Keep on trying until your issue is resolved and remember - the people you talk to are also human. I deal with complaints daily. Even if you are angry remember they are there to help - and if they can’t, and let the brand down, you know sure as hell BF will do something about it and get a new team in place just like they tackled the scalpers with HHM. Just breathe and be kind.

- - - Updated - - -

And on that note: Super7 just confirmed my order has been shipped!!! Thank you Brian, Rudy and the team. You rock!!!!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I put in another request to get my Dylamug replaced so keeping my fingers crossed. I actually didn't order the last Filmation lineup because of this. Soon it will have almost been 4 months. I had a rough time with Customer Service on wave 1 but in the end they fixed the problem. This time however is different. I really want Snake Mountain but if defective product cant be replaced I don't feel like gambling.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    It's alright guys, I'm sure Brian & the crew will do yet another funny video update to let us know all is well and more pre orders are coming!

Meanwhile, customer satisfaction is still not being addressed properly and I'd imagine more and more MOTU fans will unfortunately turn their back on S7....
    A real shame and a pretty greedy way to do business which is damaging the brand for the long term....
    sadly true

Widget
    Use packing materials. Sticking 4 figures in a box across the country with no packing materials is not a recipe for success.

Widget
    Not happy with quality or service?
    Raise a dispute via PayPal!

Heroic Warrior
    True but not everyone paid for these via PayPal.

It's funny,

Rudy sent me an email apologizing for lack of communication and encouraged me to write him if I had any questions. I had a few questions and sent him a couple emails. No response in several business days. Are you kidding me?

Finn,
    When you do they at least ship before it's ruled in their favor but at least you get it even if you wanted to cancel. See my story page 2. I can't say but PayPal did me a real solid. Very happy with PayPal right now.

In regards to S7, they make Matty collector look like a dream. So over them, I can't watch another Beard filled video of shilling..

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think we can reasonable get customer service without product testing that can lead to design changes.

Stick it in the freezer 2 hours, Jam the joints around. If it breaks, it's defective. Stick it in an oven at 90 degrees F for 2 hours. If anything breaks after rotating joints hard, it's defective. Drop it from 20 feet onto a smooth, hard surface. Anything that breaks on impact should be reattachable and not fit in a child's mouth.

And any of these get failed, either the design or materials have to change until all three prongs get passed.

For pieces that are swappable, they most be swappable during the hot and cold tests outlined above.

Then charge what you have to charge for a product that meets these standards and we can buy or not buy. And then you can bundle or sell the product however you have to in order to make it. I've got no problem with S7 ONLY doing full wave orders for vintage (and anybody who wants singles having to go through a retailer) if that's what it takes for play-worthy figures. Or if it limits the character selection to combos S7 is confident in. Or if they picked a retailer and gave them an exclusive deal.

If you can show Amazon footage of freeze and drop testing, they would love you and might give you a push as a three month exclusive product with a big order after the frustration Primal Age is likely giving them.

Primal Age has definitely had a lot of QC issues, and this is Funko we're talking about.

So I'm wondering if it's just the nature of the short-run item? The smaller the run, the more chances for QC errors due to the smaller imprint of the product?

Sort of like doing indy comics. Doing a smaller print run means you run into the possible quality issues that come with having to find a printer that will do a smaller run. Unless you pay an extreme premium for quality, you will run into issues.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I don't think we can reasonable get customer service without product testing that can lead to design changes.

Stick it in the freezer 2 hours, Jam the joints around. If it breaks, it's defective. Stick it in an oven at 90 degrees F for 2 hours. If anything breaks after rotating joints hard, it's defective. Drop it from 20 feet onto a smooth, hard surface. Anything that breaks on impact should be reattachable and not fit in a child's mouth.

And any of these get failed, either the design or materials have to change until all three prongs get passed.

For pieces that are swappable, they most be swappable during the hot and cold tests outlined above.

Then charge what you have to charge for a product that meets these standards and we can buy or not buy. And then you can bundle or sell the product however you have to in order to make it. I've got no problem with S7 ONLY doing full wave orders for vintage (and anybody who wants singles having to go through a retailer) if that's what it takes for play-worthy figures. Or if it limits the character selection to combos S7 is confident in. Or if they picked a retailer and gave them an exclusive deal.

If you can show Amazon footage of freeze and drop testing, they would love you and might give you a push as a three month exclusive product with a big order after the frustration Primal Age is likely giving them.

It's likely their proofs seemed pretty durable and worked just fine. After taking a blow dryer to Hordak's legs I can now move all of the joints around as intended, and it feels like the figure we expected (or better than - based on complaints I was expecting hollow plastic and bs). There's even some give in the leg joints, though I'm afraid to go too far based on the (vocal) frenzied panic the fanbase is in at the moment, but enough to feel like it can withstand some abuse before breaking.

Anyway, if all the figures were released in the condition my Hordak is in now, then we'd probably only be complaining about scuff marks in the matte paint from attaching accessories or from rubbing against other figures.

But, as it stands, here are the things I feel should be addressed:

- leg joints.
    - matte paint issues.
    - cardback condition when shipping.
    - communication.

There's a lot of whining and complaining from the fanbase on social media that is deceptive/dishonest and it's going to screw/is screwing with valid complaints and criticism. I'd like to see this line of figures work out. I've been wanting figures like this for a long time, and I didn't think anyone would ever make them, and yet here they are because of Super7. And I'd like to see Super7 fix the issues before fans can tear it down and we only see two waves.

Heroic Warrior
    Amen to those, although I could take ir leave matte paint and my cardbacks from BBTS were pristine from scuffs and only a little damaged at the edged. Only added concern would be pieces that need springiness not having it. He-Manís shield breaks a lot (and was scary to put on for mine) and Hordakís crossbow. If it needs springiness and that isnít feasible, redesign it or omit it.

My basic attitude is: Donít fake the appearance of a thing you canít actually do. Function above form.

If thereís a tension or spring piece, it should spring. If thereís a joint, it should bend WITHOUT blowdryers or water or lubricant added. If you canít do that with your design, change the design.

One of the best budget leg joints Iíve seen had a ball ON THE LEG and a socket IN THE CROTCH (which was solid) so that the brunt of the tension was placed against a large, thick piece in the crotch.

But Iíd frankly take angled hinge joints for the leg if it makes the legs as sturdy as the arms.

Theyíre still vintage adjacent imho if the figures are squatpose 5.5 and have a wide sitting stance for the vehicles.

I have received a return shipping label email today. No replacement figure has been sent to me - nor any tracking number that a replacement has been shipped - nor any instructions as to what this label is for (assuming it's for the figure I want replaced.)
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I have received a return shipping label email today. No replacement figure has been sent to me - nor any tracking number that a replacement has been shipped - nor any instructions as to what this label is for (assuming it's for the figure I want replaced.)
    Jeez. No instructions or anything? This is crazy. I hope that it is for the figure replacement but at this point I am surprised they are even asking for product back when they make a replacement. I still have not heard anything back yet. I am definitely done buying figures from Super7 now. It’s almost been 4 months. I may brave Snake Mountain Just because it’s Snake Mountain. But as far as collecting anything else from them, I think I am done. They made the choice for me by not responding to my requests. I’ve been in this game since the 80’s and I’ve collected the classics line when it first released and everything up to this point. Broken toys and junky customer service have made this collecting experience no longer fun for me. Toy collecting should be fun.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Broken toys and junky customer service have made this collecting experience no longer fun for me. Toy collecting should be fun.
    High profit margin and greedy ways of doing business is more important for S7 apparently.

It's a real shame as so many of us were backing them up so much.
    However poor quality in both products and customer care has made it very easy for us to walk away.

A part of me thinks S7 won't address this properly yet once again, or will do so with their usual joking around approach and advertising video updates, and will stick a wave 3 pre order before we know it....

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Primal Age has definitely had a lot of QC issues, and this is Funko we're talking about.

So I'm wondering if it's just the nature of the short-run item? The smaller the run, the more chances for QC errors due to the smaller imprint of the product?

Sort of like doing indy comics. Doing a smaller print run means you run into the possible quality issues that come with having to find a printer that will do a smaller run. Unless you pay an extreme premium for quality, you will run into issues.
    That seems likely. As much as Super7 looks to be a bit over their head with this (mainly regarding customer service), there is zero chance they are fine with putting out defective items.

I am soooo glad that somebody made this point!! I was trying to think of a way to word it, and I just couldn't get it to sound right.

I think that is one of SUPER 7's biggest problems: They never have enough money to work the bugs out. When they only have enough money to make so many figures, they obviously cannot make excess. There are times when a company may need to produce over a hundred figures before they can even spot a reoccurring defect. Then, they need to knock out a couple dozen more after adjustments, just to see if the adjustments actually worked. Then, they may need to make more tweeks! A big company like Mattel or Hasbro can afford to do that. S7 cannot. It's like trying to draw 20 perfect circles, knowing that you are drawing in ink and you cannot erase.

IMHO, that is the main problem with the whole 'made-to-order toys' thing. It's not really anybody's fault....that's just an issue that plagues that particular business model.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 10, 2018 at 08:09pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    S7 need to realize that when they don't answer us it puts us in even more of a bind. As completionists I may have to consider a RE-BUY of their product on the secondary market because they are not fulfilling their obligations to replace the defective products in the first place.
    To be a completionist with this toy line sounds like a suicide mission. Hope you're rich...lol

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I am soooo glad that somebody made this point!! I was trying to think of a way to word it, and I just couldn't get it to sound right.

I think that is one of SUPER 7's biggest problems: They never have enough money to work the bugs out. When they only have enough money to make so many figures, they obviously cannot make excess. There are times when a company may need to produce over a hundred figures before they can even spot a reoccurring defect. Then, they need to knock out a couple dozen more after adjustments, just to see if the adjustments actually worked. Then, they may need to make more tweeks! A big company like Mattel or Hasbro can afford to do that. S7 cannot. It's like trying to draw 20 perfect circles, knowing that you are drawing in ink and you cannot erase.

IMHO, that is the main problem with the whole 'made-to-order toys' thing. It's not really anybody's fault....that's just an issue that plagues that particular business model.
    Yup. The three best solutions (and you see this in short run printing):

- Charge much higher. Like, 5x higher. And create a mountain of defective or unsold surplus product. Essentially, charge your customer for 5 copies to get 1, expecting 4 to be thrown out, ideally before the customer sees them. Short run printers do this sometimes.

- Stick to closely counterfeiting mass produced, mass testing product. Insist on the same or similar profile plastic to vintage MOTU. If you want to avoid rubber bands in the legs, KO Flying Fists He-Man legs and tweak the lower legs by character. Some short run book publishers only do verbatim replicas of previously published work.

- Develop extremely conservative design standards. Make everything a hinge joint, for instance, and refuse to do more complicated joints, adjusting sculpts as necessary. You could theoretically redesign vintage MOTU figures base sculpts with Kenner/Reaction style thigh articulation. It will displease some people. But it would prioritize product build quality being realistic relative to resources. This is more or less what many Print on Demand outfits like Amazonís do: ambitious book layout designs get rejected unless they exceed specs for printability that Amazon knows their presses can hit. It isnít enough to be theoretically possible under this approach: you aim very low in terms of design ambition to only hit targets you can overshoot because you lack resources for oversight and QC.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    This is the latest response I got from S7 on Nov 26 after a series communication with them starting Sept 28th about exchanging the Karg they sent me for the Granita I ordered:

Hello Scott,

This is an automated email, but I'd like to let you know that we are currently revamping our Customer Care system.

My name is Rudy and I am the new Customer Care Manager here at Super 7. The Customer Care team is currently working through a large back log of tickets but please rest assured that your request will be replied to.

We truly appreciate your patience during this transition and would like to thank you for continually supporting Super 7!

Happy Holidays!

Is this the standard response everyone has been getting, and has anyone had results afterward?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    This is the latest response I got from S7 on Nov 26 after a series communication with them starting Sept 28th about exchanging the Karg they sent me for the Granita I ordered:

Hello Scott,

This is an automated email, but I'd like to let you know that we are currently revamping our Customer Care system.

My name is Rudy and I am the new Customer Care Manager here at Super 7. The Customer Care team is currently working through a large back log of tickets but please rest assured that your request will be replied to.

We truly appreciate your patience during this transition and would like to thank you for continually supporting Super 7!

Happy Holidays!

Is this the standard response everyone has been getting, and has anyone had results afterward?
    Yes, I have had results. I sent them daily messages and also got in touch with BF directly on social media. Rudy sorted out my problem in 2 e-mails and he was most gracious. I eould reply to that e-mail daily until you get a reply. Be kind in your letters. I know S7 is finally sorting the problem so it will be a an easy way to sort your problem even if you havd the right to be angry. Like BF said they are fixing the problem. And yes they are delivering. Hope your problem is resolved soonest!!!

Yeah, it happens with NECA figures all the time, to the point of there being videos on how to get replacements and people complaining about how half of NECA's figures are broken in package, such as their Terminator and Alien figures. The complaining about Super7 is over blown to the point of child levels of retardedness.

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

review_necasuperman_6.jpg

NECA-praying-mantis-alien-Action-Figure-Broken-xenomorph.jpg

-6357021266769576716.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCS4B93e0DA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdta4ROUUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPM_HAO-zaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBcBtTkgsk0

All very common with low production run figures form smaller companies aimed at adult collectors.

So basically, purchasing any made-to-order action figure from any smaller company is a total crapshoot. There's a 50/50 chance of getting a defective figure. That really stinks.

LLG, please don't take the above comment as me shooting the messenger. I've been coming to the same conclusion myself, lately.

Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 14, 2018 at 01:34pm.
    Odd Man Out