Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 3: "Razz" (SPOILERS!)

Episode 3: "Razz" (SPOILERS!)

Hi - a lot has changed since the 200x days. We couldn't binge all the episodes back then; as each episode was released, we'd discuss it... in detail! Now, you can binge all the She-Ra episodes at once; so, it's not quite the same. I'm proposing we set up a thread for each episode so we don't have to choose to stay out conversations until we've seen the whole season.

This thread is for Episode 3: "Razz". Please only discuss what was shown on this episode.

Thank you.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I'm glad we got to see Madam Razz and the Lookee throwaway line was great; there's hope for the twiggets yet!
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Do we actually get to see Loo-Kee or The Twiggets yet? I haven't actually started watching the series yet. I've been a little busy.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I haven't seen a twigget yet and I'm on the last ep I mean technically Razz is a twigget, isn't she? Lookee gets mentioned
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Heroic Warrior
    I havent seen loo kee

Anyone seen swee bee and peekaboo at this ball yet?

I know someone mentioned The Star Sisters, Sweet Bee and Peekablue, I can't wait to see them even if only for a split second.

Is there any mention or glimpse of Flutterina?
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Heroic Warrior
    Tall star did ;-)

Bitvthey only got mentioned

I doubt it was them at the Party (peekaboo and bee)

It may seem Razz is insane, but clearly she knows more than she's been asked. We saw those runes on that obelisk start up when she touched them. I wouldn't put it past them to use this Easter Egg as a way to establish Loo-Kee is here somewhere, he, and by extension the konseals, are just not being relegated to being PSAs this time around.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Asher

You like the 'mara' story?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    Asher

You like the 'mara' story?
    I think there's more to it than what we've been told, but since some of that info comes from other episodes, I don't want to spoil them here. But it is interesting so I like it.

Heroic Warrior
    i like to think of Razz as the "Old Man Mcgucket" of She-Ra.
    Last edited by bigfootRULES; November 15, 2018 at 05:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    It may seem Razz is insane, but clearly she knows more than she's been asked. We saw those runes on that obelisk start up when she touched them. I wouldn't put it past them to use this Easter Egg as a way to establish Loo-Kee is here somewhere, he, and by extension the konseals, are just not being relegated to being PSAs this time around.
    We did see loo-kee though, kinda....

Fan.png

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I never cared for Razz in the original series (sorry!) but I really enjoyed this version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by dorko View Post

Fan.png
    You know, going back that might actually be funny if he was portrayed as a full shapeshifter in this universe and that was him having a lark.

PS, how did you get that screengrab? I've been looking everywhere for good ones to put up on TVTropes.

I am hoping to see the Kon-Seals in a future storyline. I think they would actually be even more adorable in this new art style.

I got a kick out of the Razz fan, and also the stuffed plushie on Glimmer's bed. Wish we had the real things, but I thought it was a cute cameo of two of my favorite Etheria critters.

Did you catch the one at the prom party?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I am hoping to see the Kon-Seals in a future storyline. I think they would actually be even more adorable in this new art style.

I got a kick out of the Razz fan, and also the stuffed plushie on Glimmer's bed. Wish we had the real things, but I thought it was a cute cameo of two of my favorite Etheria critters.
    No I did not, but I was looking for it...

Interesting. Need to watch that whole scene to see what she was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dorko View Post

Fan.png
    LOL. I remember her saying that he was hiding, but I completely missed his face on the fan. Thanks for screen grabbing!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I really liked Razz in this episode. I hope there’s more of her in future seasons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    It was great to meet a rebooted Razz! I didn't spot Lookee, except on the fan. He's very good at hiding in the new series!

I'm guessing that Mara of Primus was a previous wielder of the mantle of She-Ra: Princess of Power? I wonder if we'll eventually see flashbacks of the various She-Ras, maybe even all the way "back" to Filmation She-Ra?

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I'm guessing that Mara of Primus was a previous wielder of the mantle of She-Ra: Princess of Power?
    I was wondering about this too; i.e., "Could this be a NA tie-in??" That would be an interesting new twist if Mara's backstory was changed for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Despara View Post
    I really liked Razz in this episode. I hope there’s more of her in future seasons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More than likely there will be. She seems set up to be a secondary mentor figure with Light Hope.

Razz is hilarious!!!

I loved Razz! I hope we get to see more of her in the future. I wish Broom was actually corporeal, but it does kind of add to Razz's charm that she talks to her broom as if it's real .
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    You know, going back that might actually be funny if he was portrayed as a full shapeshifter in this universe and that was him having a lark.

PS, how did you get that screengrab? I've been looking everywhere for good ones to put up on TVTropes.
    Ran Nexflix in a browser window, Print screen, paste in paint, select and cropped the relevant area.

Very low tech, I'm afraid. Light Hope would not approve!

In the photos of Razz I've seen, she reminds me of three very funny Disney characters (Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas, Grandmother Fa in Mulan, and Mama Odie in The Princess And The Frog).