Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 3: "Razz" (SPOILERS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    In the photos of Razz I've seen, she reminds me of three very funny Disney characters (Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas, Grandmother Fa in Mulan, and Mama Odie in The Princess And The Frog).
    I was thinking Baba Yaga. Would not be a bit surprised if Adora came back and the hut was moved with a set of chicken tracks on its previous location.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

There was a Baba Yaga storyline in Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated where Velma and Hot Dog Water investigated a moving house on chicken legs. I've not seen the series/episode in a while, but I vaguely remember there being a Faberge Egg theft ring involved.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There was a Baba Yaga storyline in Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated where Velma and Hot Dog Water investigated a moving house on chicken legs. I've not seen the series/episode in a while, but I vaguely remember there being a Faberge Egg theft ring involved.
    I was more thinking Bartok the Magnificent... or Quest for Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    I never cared for Razz in the original series (sorry!) but I really enjoyed this version of her.
    Same here!

Heroic Warrior Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    While I'm a little disappointed we haven't heard Broom speak (yet), I did enjoy the sense of humor and wisdom Razz brought to this new series. Her character redesign is better than most.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Do we think Razz is Mara or do we think Mara was Razz's daughter?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Do we think Razz is Mara or do we think Mara was Razz's daughter?
    I'm actually fan theorying that they're one and the same myself. Clearly that First Ones site was reacting to her touch, and not in the hostile way it usually does with non-She-Ra people.

Widget
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I'm actually fan theorying that they're one and the same myself. Clearly that First Ones site was reacting to her touch, and not in the hostile way it usually does with non-She-Ra people.
    MAdame RAzz

Mara is shown to have platinum white hair in the flashback. I think Madam Razz is basically the result of her personality just fragmenting, externalizing the Mara side of her personality.

So the name Mara is not an NA reference... It's a big hint as to who Madam Razz actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Right? That was what I was thinking. I just figured she was a crazy old lady until the ruins reacted to her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Albarbarossa View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

MAdame RAzz

Mara is shown to have platinum white hair in the flashback. I think Madam Razz is basically the result of her personality just fragmenting, externalizing the Mara side of her personality.

So the name Mara is not an NA reference... It's a big hint as to who Madam Razz actually is.
    Good theory.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Right? That was what I was thinking. I just figured she was a crazy old lady until the ruins reacted to her.

- - - Updated - - -

Good theory.
    She has a pinkish skin tone like Razz.

https://addoras.tumblr.com/post/1800...st-she-ra-mara

Mara is Razz... Is this gonna be the RT+LS=JS of She-Ra?

Quote Originally Posted by Albarbarossa View Post
    She has a pinkish skin tone like Razz.

https://addoras.tumblr.com/post/1800...st-she-ra-mara

Mara is Razz... Is this gonna be the RT+LS=JS of She-Ra?
    Hmmm... I'm not so sure of that. I think it's because of the lighting be cause her skin also turns blue.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    They took the "dementia is funny" thing from the original series and just went all out on it.... Reckon we haven't seen the last of Razz... The Mara connection has to be explored if they're ever going to get Etheria out of Despondos so they can see the stars again
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    They took the "dementia is funny" thing from the original series and just went all out on it.... Reckon we haven't seen the last of Razz... The Mara connection has to be explored if they're ever going to get Etheria out of Despondos so they can see the stars again
    Etheria, its moons, and the star it orbits.

So Despondos has, at least, one star.

I love the new Madame Razz, she is so adorable and funny. I enjoyed seeing Grizzlor's cameo as well.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

So... will Broom speak? And is Loo Kee going to reveal himself??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Random thoughts:

-Solid episode. Razz is playing the part of the wise guide in the heroine's journey.
    -I was surprised "The Honor of Grayskull" doesn't work all the time.
    -The Swift Wind transformation seemed hackneyed.
    -I think a lot of little girls relate to Queen Angella talking down to Glimmer.
    -Nice to see Grizzlor.
    -Catra + Hordak = coolness.

Didn't like this version of Razz at all, you guys. Felt waaaaay too Miyazaki to me. Visually the design didn't cut it for me, at all.

Hopefully she suits up into something more like the classic look later on? I dunno. Worst of the redesigns for me.

Of the major changes of the show, I don't mind this one to Razz. She didn't appealed to me as much as Orko did in Filmation shows. I'm guessing she was the past She-Ra. I do wish Broom and Kowl were real characters, though.

Story editor / writer Josie Campbell talked about Mara in the most recent episode of Progressive Of Power.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."