Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: Episode 13: "The Battle of Bright Moon" (SPOILERS!)

  1. #26
    Totally Dyslexic
    Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wien, Austria
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It seemed like they had no issues putting a lot of characters in the background of the prom episode, so not sure why they couldn't have done the same for this episode.
    Donīt remind me of that crowd.... i have never seen so many short haired, glasses wearing female characters in my life in one scene....! Who wears glasses to a ball? You want to dance and you want to look special. Glasses are a necessity and not really an accessory...!

    And Catra in that stupid tuxedo...i canīt open my deviant profile anymore without getting notifications of Catra in that tuxedo holding and hugging Adora.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Donīt remind me of that crowd.... i have never seen so many short haired, glasses wearing female characters in my life in one scene....! Who wears glasses to a ball? You want to dance and you want to look special. Glasses are a necessity and not really an accessory...!

    And Catra in that stupid tuxedo...i canīt open my deviant profile anymore without getting notifications of Catra in that tuxedo holding and hugging Adora.
    Clearly Optometry is the field to go into on Etheria. Most of your clientele are Princesses, you'll be richer than a king in no time.

    Although I would be remiss if I didn't defend glasses by saying some people do use fake ones as an accessory to look smart.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  3. #28
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Donīt remind me of that crowd.... i have never seen so many short haired, glasses wearing female characters in my life in one scene....! Who wears glasses to a ball? You want to dance and you want to look special. Glasses are a necessity and not really an accessory...!
    The glasses thing I think was done purposely. There are a TON of kids out there that require glasses to see. These glasses are a part of their lives and many can't afford to wear contacts. That being said they shouldn't be made to feel like they aren't as pretty with their glasses on that they need. A ton of girls feel self conscious about their glasses and I think the writers were addressing this issue.

    Technically you just implied that girls can't look special wearing their glasses. Would you say that to a young girl that wears them?
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

  4. #29
    Totally Dyslexic
    Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wien, Austria
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    The glasses thing I think was done purposely. There are a TON of kids out there that require glasses to see. These glasses are a part of their lives and many can't afford to wear contacts. That being said they shouldn't be made to feel like they aren't as pretty with their glasses on that they need. A ton of girls feel self conscious about their glasses and I think the writers were addressing this issue.

    Technically you just implied that girls can't look special wearing their glasses. Would you say that to a young girl that wears them?
    Sure i would

    You really donīt know me...but thatīs not your fault either.

    Ballgowns, a lot of make up and glasses donīt match. Same goes for Tuxedos and glasses. No matter if you are female or male if you really need those glasses for everyday living, donīt take them to a dance floor since the possibility that they get lost and stepped on is pretty high.

    Thatīs what iīm saying. Use the glasses for reading, driving, navigating through a busy mall etc. but use contacts for dancing.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Sure i would

    You really donīt know me...but thatīs not your fault either.

    Ballgowns, a lot of make up and glasses donīt match. Same goes for Tuxedos and glasses. No matter if you are female or male if you really need those glasses for everyday living, donīt take them to a dance floor since the possibility that they get lost and stepped on is pretty high.

    Thatīs what iīm saying. Use the glasses for reading, driving, navigating through a busy mall etc. but use contacts for dancing.
    Is it really any worse than Bayonetta fighting with glasses on?

    But in all seriousness I think there are some ladies who look better with glasses, it all depends on how they pull it off.
    Last edited by A Dalek; February 12, 2019 at 01:32pm.

  6. #31
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Sure i would

    You really donīt know me...but thatīs not your fault either.

    Ballgowns, a lot of make up and glasses donīt match. Same goes for Tuxedos and glasses. No matter if you are female or male if you really need those glasses for everyday living, donīt take them to a dance floor since the possibility that they get lost and stepped on is pretty high.

    Thatīs what iīm saying. Use the glasses for reading, driving, navigating through a busy mall etc. but use contacts for dancing.
    And if young girls can afford contacts? Should they just not go to dances?

    Maybe it's lost in translation but I don't think you need to tell a young lady she can't look special in glasses. That would be rude.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

  7. #32
    Totally Dyslexic
    Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wien, Austria
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Is it really any worse than Bayonetta fighting with glasses on?

    But in all seriousness I think there are some ladies who look better with glasses, it all depends on how they pull it off.
    One of my all time favorite fictional characters is Sage from the X-Men and she is wearing glasses as well!



    Oh and than there is the Baroness she is a vivid glasses wearer.




    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    And if young girls can afford contacts? Should they just not go to dances?

    Maybe it's lost in translation but I don't think you need to tell a young lady she can't look special in glasses. That would be rude.
    Thank you for pointing that out to me. If iīll ever meet a girl who is on her way to the prom and is wearing classes, iīll think twice before talking to her.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    One of my all time favorite fictional characters is Sage from the X-Men and she is wearing glasses as well!

    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20081110092640

    Oh and than there is the Baroness she is a vivid glasses wearer.

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/64/82...d60ac0aa0c.jpg




    Thank you for pointing that out to me. If iīll ever meet a girl who is on her way to the prom and is wearing classes, iīll think twice before talking to her.
    Good gravy I'd honestly forgotten about Baroness in all this.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  9. #34
    Totally Dyslexic
    Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wien, Austria
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Good gravy I'd honestly forgotten about Baroness in all this.
    Her backstory was super messed up and rather stupid but ignoring that: Her portrayal and looks were spot on. I enjoyed her more than anything in that weird movie to be honest.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    656
    This is something that confused me about this episode, but the way the shield/sword of protection was beeping when Bow found it in the water was never explained.

    Are we meant to assume it's some kind of timer and that Adora would have reverted to her normal form, if seperated from it for too long?

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    722
    Maybe a way to track the sword if it gets lost.

    Although you may be on to something. If the runestone in the sword is the conduit through which Adora taps into her powers as She-Ra, being separated from it for an extended period of time may indeed revert her back to normal. Similar to how Thor would revert back to his human identity if separated from Mjolnir for too long.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •