Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the toys for this show?

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

That is just for the set of two that Super 7 released. The question is if anybody is going to release a whole line of figures from the new show.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    Dear God... Poopooroos?
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    Dear God... Poopooroos?
    I have a fit every time I see all of this poop themed crap (Ha) in stores. I grew up in an era where we had kick butt cartoons and toys and kids these days want to play with POOP? What the fudge?!? I have a strict rule that I do not buy anything poop related, LOL Dolls, Bratz or anything gross for my kids or anyone in my extended family.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    When do we get the Super7 figures? I was thinking it was January?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    When do we get the Super7 figures? I was thinking it was January?
    Yes we were told January.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I have a fit every time I see all of this poop themed crap (Ha) in stores. I grew up in an era where we had kick butt cartoons and toys and kids these days want to play with POOP? What the fudge?!? I have a strict rule that I do not buy anything poop related, LOL Dolls, Bratz or anything gross for my kids or anyone in my extended family.
    Poopooroos are a real thing? Seriously?
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Poopooroos are a real thing? Seriously?
    Yup, kids apparently want to play with poo these days. How gross is that?!?

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I was born in the wrong decade:

Master of New Adventures!
    The sad truth is that toys -- a/k/a action figures and play sets -- just don't sell like they used to. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule. As the father of a ten-year old I can give firsthand testimony about the wrestling phenomena, my Max's 162 wrestlers and six different wrestling rings. But as I said, that's the exception to the rule.

Nowdays for kids it's mostly -- but certainly not all -- about Switch and video games. I can't help but feel something was lost in the change over.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I know that Super 7 made some for collectors, but where are the toys for kids? I think there is a rumor about Mattel doing something, but I looked and couldn't find anything concrete. I think if that is the case, then Mattel missed a big opportunity with the attention of the new show coming out. Not only that, but it is Christmas gift-buying season.

When Mattel does make toys, what would they be like? I'm hoping for a Monster High-like deal with articulation but with hands formed as a grip. Maybe even another set figures that in size to the 80s versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    The sad truth is that toys -- a/k/a action figures and play sets -- just don't sell like they used to. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule. As the father of a ten-year old I can give firsthand testimony about the wrestling phenomena, my Max's 162 wrestlers and six different wrestling rings. But as I said, that's the exception to the rule.

Nowdays for kids it's mostly -- but certainly not all -- about Switch and video games. I can't help but feel something was lost in the change over.
    I see it in my extended family. My niece just turned two and she has logged more time in front of screens in the first two years of her life than my son has in eight years of his. I understand people are busy and it is the easiest thing to do, but we are doing a great disservice to generations of kids. My children have too many toys, but I would rather have that problem (too many toys and books) than too many devices. My son is eight and the only thing he has that takes batteries are play sets. No screens, no gadgets, nothing but good old fashioned open play.

Master of New Adventures!
    We are faint voices in the wilderness. The age of creativity and inventiveness is slipping away. When I think of the titanic battles I oversaw in my childhood with little more than lead soldiers and a castle... Sigh.

I see it in my extended family. My niece just turned two and she has logged more time in front of screens in the first two years of her life than my son has in eight years of his. I understand people are busy and it is the easiest thing to do, but we are doing a great disservice to generations of kids. My children have too many toys, but I would rather have that problem (too many toys and books) than too many devices. My son is eight and the only thing he has that takes batteries are play sets. No screens, no gadgets, nothing but good old fashioned open play.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    We are faint voices in the wilderness. The age of creativity and inventiveness is slipping away. When I think of the titanic battles I oversaw in my childhood with little more than lead soldiers and a castle... Sigh.
    I know, it breaks my heart

Children have been known to like disgusting things but I just do not see the appeal of a stuffed animal in the shape of pop smiling. Give me an actual critter anyday.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I know, it breaks my heart
    Meh it's not hard to see the appeal of video games for kids. You get to play with them and you get a story at the same. So it combines the benefits of watching a show and playing with the toys.

Anyway if the new She-Ra ever got a game, I still say it would be pretty cool if it ended up being made by Platinum.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Meh it's not hard to see the appeal of video games for kids. You get to play with them and you get a story at the same. So it combines the benefits of watching a show and playing with the toys.

Anyway if the new She-Ra ever got a game, I still say it would be pretty cool if it ended up being made by Platinum.
    I don't think that Platinum would ever touch this. Now that they got themselves rid of Activision they are not going to do another rushed license crap game (although Transformers wasn't that bad). They are pretty busy with Bayonetta and Babylon's Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    I don't think that Platinum would ever touch this. Now that they got themselves rid of Activision they are not going to do another rushed license crap game (although Transformers wasn't that bad). They are pretty busy with Bayonetta and Babylon's Fall.
    The only one of their budget licensed games that ended up being bad was the Ninja Turtles one. The Korra game and Transformers Devastation both ended up being good.

Eh — no grosser than playing outdoors and making mud pies. Except this “poop” is plastic and mud has actual bacteria and parasites like pinworms in them.

I have a son and three nephews so the words “butt” and “poop” apparently are phases.

And I’ll totally buy the new she-at figures. But I want a shadow weaver with it. With that weird looking flowing black hair.
    Love is to die.
    Love is to not die.
    Love is to dance.

Oh video games are fun, but people are allowing their kids to play them way too young. There are numerous studies to show what screen time does psychologically to children, yet everyone I know thinks it is OK to hand their toddler an iPad. My son is almost nine and I just let him play the NES Classic for the first time this summer. He was only allowed an hour or two on the weekend and he had to share with his sister. Most of the time they handed me the controller because they realized 'video games are hard.' Ha! They did get pretty good at Gauntlet though and my daughter has an uncanny knack to play the original LoZ.

Oh video games are fun, but people are allowing their kids to play them way too young. There are numerous studies to show what screen time does psychologically to children, yet everyone I know thinks it is OK to hand their toddler an iPad. My son is almost nine and I just let him play the NES Classic for the first time this summer. He was only allowed an hour or two on the weekend and he had to share with his sister. Most of the time they handed me the controller because they realized 'video games are hard.' Ha! They did get pretty good at Gauntlet though and my daughter has an uncanny knack to play the original LoZ.
    I don't think I've known anyone who ever gave a toddler a video game.

That being said how much options are there really for kids video games, when the industry is primarily aimed at adults than it was back in the day, with games like God of War and Red Dead Redemption dominating today's market. Even a game that looks like it's aimed at kids on the surface, like the Kingdom Hearts series, is pretty clearly aimed at adults and teens at this point (not that I'm complaining, I love Kingdom Hearts).

I loved video games for a long while and I was awestruck by the incredible graphics and many other aspects, but with the onset of my fibromyalgia and arthritis, I just can't play any more.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I don't think I've known anyone who ever gave a toddler a video game.

That being said how much options are there really for kids video games, when the industry is primarily aimed at adults than it was back in the day, with games like God of War and Red Dead Redemption dominating today's market. Even a game that looks like it's aimed at kids on the surface, like the Kingdom Hearts series, is pretty clearly aimed at adults and teens at this point (not that I'm complaining, I love Kingdom Hearts).
    Are you a parent? Because I see it every single day. I cannot go to a play group or class or a friend's house without seeing babies with screens in their laps. Unfortunately parents use them as a way to baby sit their kids when they are too busy to engage. It breaks my heart, but I am not in a position to say anything. I do share articles and studies on Facebook though.

Yeah I play games on my XBox One and I do not think there is anything out there I would feel comfortable allowing my kids to watch or play. The old 8-bit games are where it is at when it comes to child friendly games. We have an emulator and the NES Classic. Once we move to our new house we are going to do a family project where we build our own arcade cabinet with all sorts of games. Of course all vintage ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I loved video games for a long while and I was awestruck by the incredible graphics and many other aspects, but with the onset of my fibromyalgia and arthritis, I just can't play any more.
    Dying Light got me through a horrible injury where I could not walk. Being able to parkour and climb buildings and walk in the game helped me tremendously when I was trapped in a chair. Oh and smashing zombies helped to get some frustration out - LOL!

Are you a parent? Because I see it every single day. I cannot go to a play group or class or a friend's house without seeing babies with screens in their laps. Unfortunately parents use them as a way to baby sit their kids when they are too busy to engage. It breaks my heart, but I am not in a position to say anything. I do share articles and studies on Facebook though.

Yeah I play games on my XBox One and I do not think there is anything out there I would feel comfortable allowing my kids to watch or play. The old 8-bit games are where it is at when it comes to child friendly games. We have an emulator and the NES Classic. Once we move to our new house we are going to do a family project where we build our own arcade cabinet with all sorts of games. Of course all vintage ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Dying Light got me through a horrible injury where I could not walk. Being able to parkour and climb buildings and walk in the game helped me tremendously when I was trapped in a chair. Oh and smashing zombies helped to get some frustration out - LOL!
    No but I have two nephews and neither were given I-pads/console at toddler age.

Anyway I wouldn't say the 8-bit games are the only kid appropriate stuff, after all there is Crash Bandicoot and while I mentioned Kingdom Hearts as being aimed at adults at this point, there isn't a whole lot of inappropriate content for kids in it (it is a Disney game after all).

Quote Originally Posted by Julio79 View Post
    Eh — no grosser than playing outdoors and making mud pies. Except this “poop” is plastic and mud has actual bacteria and parasites like pinworms in them.

I have a son and three nephews so the words “butt” and “poop” apparently are phases.

And I’ll totally buy the new she-at figures. But I want a shadow weaver with it. With that weird looking flowing black hair.
    Maybe wire-like hair that can be posed up or down to indicate her being empowered or not?
    I am Imp's number one fan.