Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the toys for this show?

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    No but I have two nephews and neither were given I-pads/console at toddler age.

Anyway I wouldn't say the 8-bit games are the only kid appropriate stuff, after all there is Crash Bandicoot and while I mentioned Kingdom Hearts as being aimed at adults at this point, there isn't a whole lot of inappropriate content for kids in it (it is a Disney game after all).
    I loved the original Kingdom Hearts. Gosh, it seems like I played that eons ago.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power toys:

5:00 - 5:50 <3

Nothing really new, but I love hearing the information being repeated in different ways. Plus, the praise and positivity.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I want that Catra - Meow!

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I loved the original Kingdom Hearts. Gosh, it seems like I played that eons ago.
    That's cool, did you ever play any of the other KH games?

Not that I think we have to worry any more about the new show tanking, but it's nice to hear from someone at Mattel that regardless of how this take on the property had panned out, it wouldn't be the death knell of PoP and/or MOTU in general.

I've played and beaten all of them save Union Cross.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Not that I think we have to worry any more about the new show tanking, but it's nice to hear from someone at Mattel that regardless of how this take on the property had panned out, it wouldn't be the death knell of PoP and/or MOTU in general.
    Given how Mattel seemed to be spiraling a bit after the loss of those DC licenses, I was a touch worried.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I've played and beaten all of them save Union Cross.

- - - Updated - - -

Given how Mattel seemed to be spiraling a bit after the loss of those DC licenses, I was a touch worried.
    Well... keep in mind even though it's new to those of us who didn't attend, this panel was taped months and months ago and the DC news is relatively brand new.

I want that Catra - Meow!
    It’s like one mind....
    I hope they release her
    Love is to die.
    Love is to not die.
    Love is to dance.

I remember playing the one and then they had this card game or something for one of the handheld systems. I could NOT get into that one :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julio79 View Post
    It’s like one mind....
    I hope they release her
    Right? She is gorgeous! I just love Catra too.

I remember playing the one and then they had this card game or something for one of the handheld systems. I could NOT get into that one :/
    Chain of Memories. The game play left a lot to be desired, especially since you needed to be lucky to move forward in the game, but the story was pretty good and set up for 2 pretty well. re:Coded was worse though, and 385/2 was also a beast to get through. So far the only fun ones for mobile platforms were 3Ds and Birth By Sleep.

Chain of Memories. The game play left a lot to be desired, especially since you needed to be lucky to move forward in the game, but the story was pretty good and set up for 2 pretty well. re:Coded was worse though, and 385/2 was also a beast to get through. So far the only fun ones for mobile platforms were 3Ds and Birth By Sleep.
    While I like Dream Drop Distance and I like alot of parts of it's story, that game might contain one of dumbest plot twists in the history of plot twists.

While I like Dream Drop Distance and I like alot of parts of it's story, that game might contain one of dumbest plot twists in the history of plot twists.
    Given how big the story has begun, and that it involves an element of time travel, I'm rather surprised they've been able to keep the story as straight as they have. Messing with time is hard to write effectively.

Heroic Warrior
    The point of making toys is to sell them . Thats why we not getting any toys .

There is multiple reasons why Barbie is still going strong after 60 years . I will name one , she is the prettiest dolly on this planet .

Master of New Adventures!
    To understand this, you need to look at it from the perspective of children. Children -- especially young children -- have very few things in their lives that they control. They live in a world inhabited by giants two or three times their size called 'adults' who tell them when to eat, when to sleep, what to study and what to do with most of their lives, including when to get into a car and be driven to and from wherever and whenever those adult giants want.

Thus, bodily functions are one of the few things they have a degree of control over. It's why 'tooting' and the smell of their passing gas is hilarious to them. The same with burping and, yes, poop. Bodily functions are about the only sense of empowerment they have, so it makes sense that toys based on this will appeal to them.

Children have been known to like disgusting things but I just do not see the appeal of a stuffed animal in the shape of pop smiling. Give me an actual critter anyday.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    The point of making toys is to sell them . Thats why we not getting any toys .
    ......Is this statement supposed to make sense? Because it doesn't.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    ......Is this statement supposed to make sense? Because it doesn't.
    He's saying that the new cartoon's designs are so unappealing that if they chose to make toys out of them, they wouldn't sell.

He's saying that the new cartoon's designs are so unappealing that if they chose to make toys out of them, they wouldn't sell.
    Even I cannot agree with that. Kids play with plastic POOP. Even biker shorts She-Ra is better than poop - LOL!

Ha ha, indeed!

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    How in the nine hells did you manage to decipher that?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

They would sell. Nuff said.

Heroic Warrior
    Even I cannot agree with that. Kids play with plastic POOP. Even biker shorts She-Ra is better than poop - LOL!
    The sad child who loves his plastic poop has zero interest in any kind of doll . They want slime and fart putty and more poop .

Sure they are fixated on bodily functions but good luck even trying to sell them a Princess Perfuma P... Pants variant .
    Last edited by Lokus; January 17, 2019 at 04:50am.

I've seen those Justice League Action toys sell pretty well, and they're not exactly what I'd call beautiful to look at.

Master of New Adventures!
    This us why you are not a toy manufacturing executive. You don't get it. It's not value judgement. It's a statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    The sad child who loves his plastic poop has zero interest in any kind of doll . They want slime and fart putty and more poop .

Sure they are fixated on bodily functions but good luck even trying to sell them a Princess Perfuma P... Pants variant .

I honestly think it is a parenting fail that so many kids prefer screens to toys. Far too many parents rely on screens to keep their children placated so they can get through their day. I refuse to do that. I have a fever today and I feel like utter crap, but I was at the table with the kids doing art projects. A huge part of the problem is that people need to re-prioritize their lives. We run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to keep up with the neighbors. Bigger houses, bigger cars, bigger vacations, bigger lives...meanwhile our kids are getting lost in the mix.

I honestly think it is a parenting fail that so many kids prefer screens to toys. Far too many parents rely on screens to keep their children placated so they can get through their day. I refuse to do that. I have a fever today and I feel like utter crap, but I was at the table with the kids doing art projects. A huge part of the problem is that people need to re-prioritize their lives. We run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to keep up with the neighbors. Bigger houses, bigger cars, bigger vacations, bigger lives...meanwhile our kids are getting lost in the mix.
    Kudos to you for not falling into the easy trap. And I hope you feel better soon.