Thread: Rogelio - Horde Cadet

Heroic Warrior

Rogelio - Horde Cadet

I'd like to find out more about this new Horde character! As per the website 'TV Tropes', he's described as 'A lizard species soldier that is part of Adora and Catra's squad. Seems to have a soft spot for Kyle.'

Anyone have any screenshots of him? Can't find any online at all! As a side-note, I'd buy a Classics figure of him too...at some point!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    i thought he was Leech or Saurod.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! Thanks!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I thought the blue alien guy leading the training session (minus the late Catra) in The Sword Part 1 was interesting too, and I like the look of the new Horde Soldiers/Troopers.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Poor Rogelio. I hope that he doesn't find out about Kyle's infatuation with Bow!

What is the name of the female member of their core trio? She seems to be the most competent junior Horde Trooper.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Poor Rogelio. I hope that he doesn't find out about Kyle's infatuation with Bow!

What is the name of the female member of their core trio? She seems to be the most competent junior Horde Trooper.
    From the TV Tropes She-Ra and the Princesses of Power website:

Lonnie

Voiced by: Dana Davis

Lonnie is a former friend and teammate of Adora. She is also a cadet in the Horde.
    Carry a Big Stick: Her preferred weapon seems to be some kind of energy mace.
    Elite Mook: She's almost as good as Adora, and certainly a cut above the regular mooks employed by the Hoard.
    Jerk Jock: With her notable skills, she also tends to be unnecessarily mean to Catra and Kyle.
    We Used to Be Friends: Is not happy with Adora's defection from the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    From the TV Tropes She-Ra and the Princesses of Power website:

Lonnie

Lonnie is a former friend and teammate of Adora. She is also a cadet in the Horde.
    Carry a Big Stick: Her preferred weapon seems to be some kind of energy mace.
    Elite Mook: She's almost as good as Adora, and certainly a cut above the regular mooks employed by the Hoard.
    Jerk Jock: With her notable skills, she also tends to be unnecessarily mean to Catra and Kyle.
    We Used to Be Friends: Is not happy with Adora's defection from the horde.
    It’s spelled differently in the Filmation series, but I suppose it’s the same Lohni who was one of Adora’s friends while she was with the Horde in the vintage series.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Lonnie

Thanks! So, the core trio of junior Horde Troopers is Rogelio, Kyle and Lonnie.

I forget, did they ever say Rogelio's name in the show?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I forget, did they ever say Rogelio's name in the show?
    Nope, I think that picture from Twitter up there's been the only confirmation of his name, since he didn't speak outside of roars, so there was no credit for him.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Thanks! So, the core trio of junior Horde Troopers is Rogelio, Kyle and Lonnie.
    A 3-Pack from Super 7 in the same scale as their She-Ra and Catra would be awesome!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootyCutie View Post
    Nope, I think that picture from Twitter up there's been the only confirmation of his name, since he didn't speak outside of roars, so there was no credit for him.
    The info in the pic is sourced from this Tumblr page where one of the people working on She-Ra show answered a fan's question.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I'm kinda interested to see if they do anything with Rogelio. He may not have had any dialogue, but he showed up quite prominently in the background. Of course the Horde seems to have quite a lot of lizard-folk. Wonder if they were a native species to Scorpia's kingdom. There certainly don't seem to be any other scorpion people running around.

I am not a fan of "Rogelio's" design, it's a bit too simple and generic. Maybe if he had light blue war markings on his head and cheeks, he would look more visually impressive.

I agree we need to see more of Lonnie, Kyle (Who I think will defect to the rebellion), and Rogelio, since we probably can't get Leech, Mantenna, and Grizzlor these three are the new Three Stooges.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I am not a fan of "Rogelio's" design, it's a bit too simple and generic. Maybe if he had light blue war markings on his head and cheeks, he would look more visually impressive.

I agree we need to see more of Lonnie, Kyle (Who I think will defect to the rebellion), and Rogelio, since we probably can't get Leech, Mantenna, and Grizzlor these three are the new Three Stooges.
    Well, we've seen Grizzlor, so if he can be used, there's no reason he can't show up on his own. And Kyle kinda reminds me of Mantenna. Overly talkative, more than a bit nervous, and pretty much a chewtoy. All we need is Scorpia wrapping him in her tail to shut him up...

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Well, we've seen Grizzlor, so if he can be used, there's no reason he can't show up on his own. And Kyle kinda reminds me of Mantenna. Overly talkative, more than a bit nervous, and pretty much a chewtoy. All we need is Scorpia wrapping him in her tail to shut him up...
    Ha! Scorpia's tail is much cooler in this version. And I never thought of it that way. I guess Kyle is the "Mantenna" of the trio.

Heroic Warrior
    am i the only one who thinks he's a member of the Snake Men like Tung Lashor?

Grizzlor featured in a cameo, so I don't think the rights to Mantenna and Leech are an issue.

Maybe Hordak mutates that lizard guy into Leech .

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    That is a potentially interesting and thoughtful story idea. We know the Horde likes to experiment on people (like how they do in many of the mini-comics in which the Horde feature).
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post

Wow

What idea

Can anyone name ALL the cadets we have so far?

I’ve been wondering if that guy is meant to be an updated Leech.

Part of me wanted it to be because I wanted Leech in the show, and part of me didn’t because I think the design is boring.
    So glad to have it disconfirmed anyway.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Heroic Warrior
    He is irritating yes

Should be leech. Period.
    That was a crap idea to create a new character. We have enough

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The info in the pic is sourced from this Tumblr page where one of the people working on She-Ra show answered a fan's question.
    Great page

Is there a name for that blue horde alien yet?