Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Should Play Adora/She-Ra - And Other Characters - In A New POP Live Action Movie

Dig deep for a young, relative unknown. Very athletic is a an obvious must and strong physical presence but whoever does the casting shouldn't focus on her having a DD bust. They're going to have to go for someone young if they want to give She-Ra a chance at being a franchise; it only makes sense if they (as they should) make the first movie an origin story.
    Last edited by Trooper; November 26, 2018 at 04:05pm. Reason: addition

I still think Melissa Benoist is the best choice for Adora/She-Ra.

Mel Ben.jpg
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Benoist definitely is a great template and I'd hate to say she's too old. I wouldn't discount her but I'd like to see casting think outside the box on She-Ra, He-Man, and Teela (those 3 specifically). Grab some up and commers who are ready for a break out to fill the primary characters in a break out franchise. Other characters can certainly get some established actors. Would love to see Eric Bana as King Randor.
    Last edited by Trooper; November 27, 2018 at 11:08am.

I think Danielle Panabaker who plays Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost in The Flash should play Frosta.

Killer Frost.jpg
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I think Danielle Panabaker who plays Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost in The Flash should play Frosta.

Killer Frost.jpg
    I actually like her.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Caity Lotz (Sara Lance / White Canary)
    Lord Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    Caity Lotz (Sara Lance / White Canary)
    That's an awesome idea, Lord Hordak. I love Caity Lotz, especially with her being the captain of the Legends now. She is a lady who can kick serious buttage! What, that's a word, I just made it up myself!

I would like to see Katie Cassidy (Laurel/former Black Canary/current Black Siren) in a POP movie as well, perhaps as Castaspella or Double Trouble.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    When casting a film, one should consider the actor who is best suited for the role. Most of the suggestions in this thread are of one considering which roles are best suited for actors he has already chosen. If you cast a film with television actors, it may as well go straight to Redbox, because it will by SyFy original quality.

I say go with teen actors for a live action film. I have no clue who I would cast, but I think the teen theme works for the show, and would work for the live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    When casting a film, one should consider the actor who is best suited for the role. Most of the suggestions in this thread are of one considering which roles are best suited for actors he has already chosen. If you cast a film with television actors, it may as well go straight to Redbox, because it will by SyFy original quality.
    I agree EXCEPT the first one had some decent actors and it was totally campy, SYFY quality - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I still believe that the actors/actresses on TV (especially the amazing DC Comics series I love) are just as talented as any film actor/actress, it's just a different type of media. Often the TV or straight to DVD releases are just as good, and in some cases - in my personal belief - better than many films out there. For example, I intensely dislike horror, and have no time for a lot of the so-called comedies or dramas on film, and would rather watch a CW show instead.