Thread: Novels Would Be A Great Idea

Novels Would Be A Great Idea

Hey Guys

I was thinking that the series of DC Comics Icons Series novels have been wildly popular - see below for examples and titles of these amazing books and try and imagine a similar series of young adult novels each featuring one of the Princesses (as well as Bow and Sea Hawk) having their own origin stories told in prose. Having read the fantastic DC books, I feel that the same approach to She-Ra, and even He-Man, New Adventures or other popular franchises would really do well. Someone who really knows and loves the world of POP could be commissioned to write the books and bring the world of Etheria alive (or Eternia or Primus) for an older audience.

Superman: Dawnbreaker
    - Matt De La Pena
    Catwoman: Soulstealer - Sarah J. Maas
    Wonder Woman: Warbringer - Leigh Bardugo
    Batman: Nightwalker - Marie Lu

Cat Novel.jpg

Bat Novel.jpg

Super Novel.jpg

Wonder Novel.jpg

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Court Magician
    Like I've said elsewhere, Scholastic is supposed to be releasing two chapter books based on the show in April, with the first delving deeply into the origins of She-Ra.
    Last edited by DigificWriter; November 26, 2018 at 12:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    Like I've said elsewhere, Scholastic o
    is supposed to be releasing two chapter books based on the show in April, with the first delving really into the origins of She-Ra.
    That's awesome news, I can't wait to get those. There's so many books coming out for various properties I'm a fan of, that I will have to build on extra rooms on my house to store them all.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Wouldn't mind seeing a few novels, especially if they got to focus on secondary characters.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Obviously I would love novels for each character, but ideally they should test the demographic waters with an initial four such novels, just as DC have done. I think they should start with Adora, Glimmer and Angella (The Brightmoon Family), Bow, and Catra. They could start with the characters in their youth, again like DC did with Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Diana of Themyscira, and Selina Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Obviously I would love novels for each character, but ideally they should test the demographic waters with an initial four such novels, just as DC have done. I think they should start with Adora, Glimmer and Angella (The Brightmoon Family), Bow, and Catra. They could start with the characters in their youth, again like DC did with Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Diana of Themyscira, and Selina Kyle.
    I don't think looking into the character's childhoods would really work here. For the DC heroes (and Anti-heroes) its interesting because those characters had different reasons to become the admittedly abnormal people they are. Even Diana allows us to see more of the world and values she's having to reconcile against the World of Men as it were (not sure if she's still doing that.) Catra and Adora might prove interesting, as well as maybe Shadow Weaver, Imp, and Socrpia, but we already know why most of the Rebellion fight, and there's not really a reason to move into their relatively recent childhoods beyond flashbacks.
    I am Imp's number one fan.