Thread: Favourite Media Personalities

Favourite Media Personalities

Hey Guys

I was wondering who your favourite media personalities are, other than actors/musicians which I've already posted about. Here I'm talking about chat show hosts, newscasters, or panel show guests. I think my three favourite personalities are Joy Behar from The View (I love her approach to promoting equality and she looks a lot like one of my favourite singers/actresses, Bette Midler), Lisa Wilkinson who has appeared on various shows of this nature and she's also quite progressive), and Catriona Rowntree who was on a kids' human interest news show years ago called Wonder World and now appears on the travel show Getaway. I love the other guest hosts of Wonder World too (Pascall Fox, Jodie Young, Sonia Kruger, Nick Penn, Tony Johnston, and Dave Kelly), but Cat was my favourite. I still remember the achingly funny story she did about this particular coffee shop, she's a real character.

*This isn't a political thread although I did mention two journalists with the same values that I share, and for the record, I am also a devoted spiritual believer, so just because I am progressive, I am also a person of deep faith.

Joy Behar:

Joy.jpg

Lisa Wilkinson:

lisa-wilkinson.jpg

Catriona Rowntree:

Catriona.jpg

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Svengoolie
    and Dr. Franklin Ruehl a close second...
    GIMME TOYS!-

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    My list is going to be a little more rare and probably only a small portion will even know who I'm talking about.

Al Sanders, an anchorman from WJZ-13 in Baltimore. Just a class act and left the world too soon. Baltimore was in mourning for awhile after he passed away.
    Screenshot_2018-11-27-09-17-26_kindlephoto-3747441.png

While a national sports announcer, I don't hear him too often, I love Gus Johnson. He gets really excited about big plays.
    Attachment 118542

As a baseball fan, I really enjoy Jim Palmer's commentary during games. He's brutally honest but he knows what he's talking about. I used to find him to be pompous, but realized it's just his way to critique. Gary Thorne is the main play-by-play guy, and he's goofy in a good way. They make a great team.
    jimPalmer_3.jpgbal-baltimore-orioles-telecasts-masn-report-card-20121001.jpg

I also liked a former Orioles commentary team from the 90's in former player John Lowenstein (color) and Mel Proctor (play-by-play).

On the sillier side, I was a big Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse "The Body" Ventura commentary team fan. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan worked well with Gorilla and Vince McMahon worked well with Ventura too.
    Attachment 118541

I also am a Sean Mooney fan, he did a lot of backstage interviews. After leaving the WWF, I saw him anchoring the news on WWOR in New York. He currently has a podcast, check it out!
    2e5e24cb6fa2fcf8f1ea4d1fbdb9335a53434a9b_hq.jpg

Today, I like Renee Young a lot. She's now doing commentary.
    Attachment 118540

Also a fan of Charly Caruso. She reminds me a bit of Mooney in that she brings a real reporting aspect but also has a sense of humor. She recently started working at ESPN too.
    Attachment 118539

I only have one, Tucker Carlson. I do not watch ANY news media, but sometimes his clips get shared on my wall and he is pretty dang funny. The way he contorts his face during interviews is hilarious.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

She-Ra: Never Forget! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I only have one, Tucker Carlson. I do not watch ANY news media, but sometimes his clips get shared on my wall and he is pretty dang funny. The way he contorts his face during interviews is hilarious.
    I've never understood his facial expression - like he's thinking so hard he's trying not poop himself.

Master of New Adventures!
    Okay, so since you said it's not a political thread but made a political pick, I'll say Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Rush Limbaugh, (Olesker ducks heads of hurled rotten cabbage. )

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hey Guys

I was wondering who your favourite media personalities are, other than actors/musicians which I've already posted about. Here I'm talking about chat show hosts, newscasters, or panel show guests. I think my three favourite personalities are Joy Behar from The View (I love her approach to promoting equality and she looks a lot like one of my favourite singers/actresses, Bette Midler), Lisa Wilkinson who has appeared on various shows of this nature and she's also quite progressive), and Catriona Rowntree who was on a kids' human interest news show years ago called Wonder World and now appears on the travel show Getaway. I love the other guest hosts of Wonder World too (Pascall Fox, Jodie Young, Sonia Kruger, Nick Penn, Tony Johnston, and Dave Kelly), but Cat was my favourite. I still remember the achingly funny story she did about this particular coffee shop, she's a real character.

*This isn't a political thread although I did mention two journalists with the same values that I share, and for the record, I am also a devoted spiritual believer, so just because I am progressive, I am also a person of deep faith.

Joy Behar:

Joy.jpg

Lisa Wilkinson:

lisa-wilkinson.jpg

Catriona Rowntree:

Catriona.jpg

Cheers, Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I've never understood his facial expression - like he's thinking so hard he's trying not poop himself.
    Ha! That is terrible. I love the faces he makes. I find myself doing the same thing when I listen to some people talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Okay, so since you said it's not a political thread but made a political pick, I'll say Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Rush Limbaugh, (Olesker ducks heads of hurled rotten cabbage. )
    Hannity is good too. I have never actually watched Fox News (I am assuming he is on there), but people share clips and he is usually pretty spot on. Or at least he is in the few things I have seen from him.

You're in for it now, Icey.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Ha! That is terrible. I love the faces he makes. I find myself doing the same thing when I listen to some people talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Hannity is good too. I have never actually watched Fox News (I am assuming he is on there), but people share clips and he is usually pretty spot on. Or at least he is in the few things I have seen from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    You're in for it now, Icey.
    LOL! I didn't say who.

Hannity and Limbaugh are some farrrrrrrr-right dudes. Bi-partisan to the extreme. I think Hannity would rather die than compliment or agree with a democrat on some political point.

Funny but I feel the same way about Rachel and Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Hannity and Limbaugh are some farrrrrrrr-right dudes. Bi-partisan to the extreme. I think Hannity would rather die than compliment or agree with a democrat on some political point.

As a staunch liberal Democrat myself, I'll not be watching FOX News anytime soon.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    As a staunch liberal Democrat myself, I'll not be watching FOX News anytime soon.
    I would have never guessed.

I also loved Nicola Paull as Miss Scarlet in Cluedo. She is both an actress and a media personality now.

Nicola Paull.jpg

Chris Hansen

I distrust anyone who has an issue with what Hansen does. That goes double for Charlie Brooker, who is a moron, and Milo Yiannopoulos, who will probably end up "having a seat" with Hansen some day. Wait, didn't Hannity also openly endorse the kind of behavior that Chris Hansen goes after?

Im also a huge fan of Lloyd Kaufman and his wife , Pat Sweeney Kaufman!
    GIMME TOYS!-