Thread: Injustice vs MOTU #5 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

2002/DC He-Man Video guy

Injustice vs MOTU #5 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

INJUSTICE VS MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    CURRENT MINI-SERIES

Issue #5 of 6
    "The Vengeance of Skeletor!"

Writer: Tim Seeley
    Art & Cover: Freddie E. Williams II
    Color: Jeremy Colwell

"Betrayed by Skeletor and fearing the power Darkseid gained in his attack on Castle Grayskull, Superman takes up arms with his old compatriots. But will their combined might be enough to win a battle against a foe armed with the Anti-Life Equation?"

ON SALE NOVEMBER 28th

At your local comic shop,
    or digitally via ComiXology or Amazon.

**SPOILERS**

He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    INJUSTICE VS MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    CURRENT MINI-SERIES

Issue #5 of 6
    "The Vengeance of Skeletor!"

Writer: Tim Seeley
    Art & Cover: Freddie E. Williams II
    Color: Jeremy Colwell

"Betrayed by Skeletor and fearing the power Darkseid gained in his attack on Castle Grayskull, Superman takes up arms with his old compatriots. But will their combined might be enough to win a battle against a foe armed with the Anti-Life Equation?"

ON SALE NOVEMBER 28th

At your local comic shop,
    or digitally via ComiXology or Amazon.

**SPOILERS**

https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/file...amp=1542409463
    That was a great issue! The way that Darkseid was defeated was brilliant. And now i want badly to see He-Man beating Injustice Superman (if he will not, i' m suspecting that Injustice Superman, he will try to reset the Multiverse). He is beyond redemption at this point.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    My comic shop didn't get this in today at all. His guess was that it was delayed. Did any US comics shops get this in today?
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    My comic shop didn't get this in today at all. His guess was that it was delayed. Did any US comics shops get this in today?
    Mine did (Southern California). Sorry yours was delayed. I'm sure it will show up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Heroic Warrior
    Loved this issue. It was fan fiction/message board wars come to life: Darkseid vs Shazam Skeletor and He-Man + Superman vs Darkseid to the death.

Gotta tell you, Injustice Superman is one of the most hated villains I've ever read. He makes Superboy Prime look sympathetic. Dr. Doom is a superhero compared to this Superman. Hope DC allows him to get what's coming to him next issue...

On a related note, fans who complain that they are not getting an adult version of MOTU should check out this series and all of DC. DC has allowed the writers to take MOTU to levels we have always wanted. IMHO, the DC line has treated MOTU with the utmost of respect and has continued the evolution of the characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Someting that i noticed is that Darkseid called Eternia, "Skeletor's adopted world". So i' m suspecting that there is no Keldor in this canon, and this Skeletor's origin is closer to the 80's one, i.e those of the extradimensional demon or wizard.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    It could very well be, granamyr80.

Also I just loved this moment they had in the comic.

He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    It could very well be, granamyr80.

Also I just loved this moment they had in the comic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtQzFYXXcAAZ9m4.jpg:large
    Great moment indeed! I really hope that DC and Mattel don't stop with the MOTU comics, now that they found the right chemistry.

My comic store didn't have the issue in yet, but they reserved me a copy.

Heroic Warrior
    Solid issue! I’m very curious to see how issue #6 will parallel, be different than issue 6 of He-Man/ThunderCats jumping through various multiverses or whatever is going to happen. Superman still seems to want to eradicate evil and bring his form of justice to all various multiverses and timelines. I don’t think he’s had a change of heart. Will Adam just have the power of Shazam from Skeletor or will he be able to combine it with the power of Grayskull??

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Solid issue! I’m very curious to see how issue #6 will parallel, be different than issue 6 of He-Man/ThunderCats jumping through various multiverses or whatever is going to happen. Superman still seems to want to eradicate evil and bring his form of justice to all various multiverses and timelines. I don’t think he’s had a change of heart. Will Adam just have the power of Shazam from Skeletor or will he be able to combine it with the power of Grayskull??
    My guess is that Superman will try to reset the Injustice Universe (preventing Lois's death from Joker's plan, that triggered everything). But if i remember well from the previous crossover with the Thundercats, when Lion-O wanted to go back in time and prevent the distruction of Thundera, Adam told him that by doing so, he would change the Present in ways that no one could predict. So i believe that the last issue will deal with this possibility, the moral conflict behind it, and its consequences. As for how He-Man will have Shazam's Power, perhaps Zatanna will help, because she witnessed of how Skeletor possessed it, and since Adam has no controll of Grayskull's Power now, he will need all the help necessary to deal with an almost god-like powered Superman.

Just finished it and look forward to seeing how things wrap up in the big finale.
    I do think my eyes are starting to get weary of the art style at this point though. Something about it, in this issue in particular, seemed overly "busy" and felt like I had to really strain to see who was where, what was happening in certain panels, etc. Or it could just be age at this point... ha ha.
    I guess I wouldn't mind, after Thundercats and now this, if the art team was switched up for whatever MOTU mini-series might come next.