Thread: Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush has Passed Away

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar

Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush has Passed Away

Quote Originally Posted by The Dallas Morning News
    George H.W. Bush dies at 94: president, family man, war hero
    Todd J. Gillman and Carl P. Leubsdorf

WASHINGTON — Former President George Bush, a war hero, father of a president and founder of the modern Texas Republican Party who presided over momentous global changes, died Friday at 94.

Bush died just after 10 p.m. Funeral arrangements will be announced at a later time, spokesman Jim McGrath said.

"George H. W. Bush was a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for," former President George W. Bush said in a written statement. "The entire Bush family is deeply grateful for 41's life and love, for the compassion of those who have cared and prayed for Dad, and for the condolences of our friends and fellow citizens."

The senior Bush's health already fragile, the heartbreak this spring of losing his first lady and wife of 73 years hit hard. Barbara Bush died on April 17 at age 92. He was hospitalized a day after the funeral with a serious blood infection but recovered.

Full Article link
    CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN, NPR, BBC, WGN, USA Today, and Al Jazeera have all reported on this, amongst many, many others.

I myself was only 6 when he left office, and he mostly stayed out of the public spotlight since, so I can't really say anything about him.

--SMP

I am no fan of the Bushes, but maybe we can have a better thread title like 'passed.' Kicked the bucket sounds so disrespectful :/
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Heroic Warrior
    He was in oil biz too......like JR

He accomplished a lot in his life , RIP
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I edited the thread title. Agree with his politics or not, this is sad news.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Sad news. George Bush was a humble and genuine man who delighted in and depended on his family, and he displayed that admirable character wherever he went.

He passed just 7 months after Barbara.

RIP despite i'm no fan of the bushes and i remember him as a puppet on DC Follies when i was a kid and seeing his face on the news even parodies especially on Tiny Toons and Simpsons.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

R.I.P. He served his country in World War 2 and signed the Americans with Disabilities Act.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/01/u...last-days.html

Heroic Warrior
    BTAS Gordon was also in WW2

Bond stars in WW2 : Frobe , Savalas (fought in Italy) , Chris Lee (actually had access to top secret locations long after the war) Don Pleasence (he was shot down and went to Stalag) , Sakata....Gottfried Johns dad was in the german army too , i believe
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    We don't normally watch 60 minutes, but my wife and I happened to come across it earlier tonight, and they were in the middle of doing a story on his life, including recent interviews with his son George W. Bush, Clinton, Obama, etc.

We didn't see the whole thing since it we tuned in part way into it, but we saw quite a bit, and it was rather well done. I don't want to get to deep into actual politics since that is Tar Swamp material, but whether you agreed with him in that area or not, it's clear that he had a solid character and a level of integrity that is VERY much missing in present day.

One thing that I had no idea about was that he apparently was an avid sky diver well into old age, with his last jump being on his 90th birthday!

Co-Creator of the NV
    I was sorry to hear of his passing. I always liked the man and have wished that he won a second term (although I also liked Bill Clinton in the end).

Anyhow I wish his family well.

Since we’re near where he’ll be paraded though on Thursday, my school district is shutting down at noon to allow locals to observe and celebrate his life.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Anyone remember DC Follies?

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    RIP Mr. President.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

I'm wishing George W Bush family well on this hard time of life passing. I may never lived or heard what Right or Wrong for former President George HW Bush? I give out respect for a person who lead the country forward.

Rest in Peace Mr President.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Here's a video for those who remember DC Follies.

I always thought George Bush Sr. was a good President. I never thought he deserved a lot of the negative press that he got. RIP sir, and thank you for all the ways in which you served this country.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Always looking around, but never looking up, I'm so double-minded. A plank-eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided."
    -Casting Crowns, "Jesus Friend of Sinners"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Anyone remember DC Follies?
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon
    Here's a video for those who remember DC Follies.
    This is not really the thread for this kind of query/material...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    I always thought George Bush Sr. was a good President. I never thought he deserved a lot of the negative press that he got. RIP sir, and thank you for all the ways in which you served this country.
    And he gave us the "read my lips" quote everyone remembers.

He was the first President I ever voted for. My first-ever Presidential election the year I turned 18.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Always looking around, but never looking up, I'm so double-minded. A plank-eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided."
    -Casting Crowns, "Jesus Friend of Sinners"