Thread: Avengers 4

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Avengers 4

The trailer just dropped this morning.

Yes!!!

I'm super excited for this one! Been building theory after theory as to what I think will happen (at first at least). Really cool seeing Ronin!

Just a very very very tiny teaser in my opinion. Of course, they don't need to show anything till the premiere and 3/4 of the world would go to see it; but I found my self laughing of joy seeing Clint as Ronin!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssss! I cannot wait! The last one was so good I lost count how many times I watched it.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

I had actually forgotten the next one was coming so soon! Nice surprise to see this when I got home a bit ago.

We have a family tradition that we go to see a comic movie at the local drive in on Mother's Day weekend. I didn't catch the release date, but I am hoping it is around that time next year.

What's going to make more money for Disney in 2019: this Avengers Endgame, Star Wars Episode IX, Frozen 2, Toy Story 4, Lion King, or Aladdin?

But, yes, this movie looks awesome. There's a 100% chance I will be a blubbering, sobbing mess several times during the movie. Like when Cap says "Avengers, Assemble!" finally or when he most likely dies and has a vision of himself dancing with Peggy saying to her "I can do this all day." It'll be the end of an era to see all the OG Avengers for the last time in a movie together. This reminds me a lot with Star Trek VI all the way back in 1991: the last time with the original crew. I cried back then as well.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    RONIN!!!

And Clint's not playing anymore......

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And Clint's not playing anymore......
    I definitely think something dark happened with his family. He looks like he snapped and the narration right before it seems to indicate that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I definitely think something dark happened with his family. He looks like he snapped and the narration right before it seems to indicate that is the case.
    Yes they vanished like Spider-Man,Black Panther,Dr. Strange etc.
    Last edited by Megalodon; December 8, 2018 at 05:32pm.

Should be a nice finale to the Avengers saga.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I'm normally not a vindictive guy, but it's nice to see Tony Stark suffering for a change... of all the Avengers to go, I hope he is the first.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm normally not a vindictive guy, but it's nice to see Tony Stark suffering for a change... of all the Avengers to go, I hope he is the first.
    Oh no! Why the hate for Tony?

I find it very funny that there are numerous internet articles from just a few months ago saying how "Avengers 4 absolutely WILL NOT be called Endgame".
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 8, 2018 at 03:12pm.
    Odd Man Out

Hate the writers for making him the focal point

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Oh no! Why the hate for Tony?
    Well, mostly because Disney / Marvel Studios have this ridiculous notion that Tony Stark needs to be connected, in one way or another, to every other MCU hero.

He was responsible for saving New York from a nuclear strike....

He was responsible for Spider-Man's outfit....

He was responsible for the arrest and imprisonment of half the MCU....

He was chosen to "live" after facing off with Thanos....

Not bad for an alcoholic loser with a brilliant mind and more money than god.

I enjoyed his shtick in the first Iron Man movie and especially in the first Avengers movie... but now? It's just grown too long in the tooth.

He should have died a martyr in the original Avengers and let Rhodes become the new Iron Man, like he does in the best run of Iron Man comics.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Well, mostly because Disney / Marvel Studios have this ridiculous notion that Tony Stark needs to be connected, in one way or another, to every other MCU hero.

I enjoyed his shtick in the first Iron Man movie and especially in the first Avengers movie... but now? It's just grown too long in the tooth.

He should have died a martyr in the original Avengers and let Rhodes become the new Iron Man, like he does in the best run of Iron Man comics.
    In the comics, he was Iron Man. In the movies, he's Tony Stark. I grew up somewhat disappointed in Iron Man due to the story line. I only liked him in his West Coast Avengers role where he wasn't really the focal point. But here in the MCU, Tony Stark is the guy. His Iron Man movie started this snowball of awesome movies we've been treated to in a way that the others (I don't believe) would have.

So I'm grateful to have him there and honestly think his movie character deserves it. RDJ can only play this role for so long, so I say let him.

Ah, those are some pretty good reasons - LOL! I love RDJ, so I think I sort of glaze over that stuff.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I've seen the trailer multiple times and while it is scant on details, it overflows with tone. I know what the final point will be (Thanos defeated) but I don't know for sure how they will get there. I have an inkling but like with most things MCU, I won't get the full picture until I see the movie.

Needless to say, I am excited to see this movie and have certain situations to happen that I hope will happen in the movie:

1) I hope Captain America finally yells "Avengers Assemble!" in the final climactic battle.

2) I hope Captain America gets back his vibranium shield to use in said battle.

3) I hope we see the final reconciliation on Captain America and Iron Man right before said final climactic battle.

Now I have some other hopes but they are kind of spoiler-ish so I'll tag them up:

I really hope it's Luis who helps Ant-Man get out of the Quantum Realm because I'd love to see him interact with the Avengers (Captain America, Thor, Rocket Raccoon, etc...). Although, I have a feeling it will be Dr. Foster or Ghost who helps Scott escape. Or he might just repeat the quick fix he employed in the first Ant-Man movie when he was shrinking to subatomic level...

There has also been a picture of Pepper in armor so there might be a chance we see her alter-ego, Rescue in this film. In fact, Tony Stark says the word "rescue" at the beginning of the trailer so I'm hoping she is the one that helps him and Nebula escape being adrift in space rather than Captain Marvel as has been widely speculated.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!