Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I hope as many of the people trying to sell them on ebay get no buyers and are unable to get a refund on the tickets.
    I hate people, which is probably why I hate going to the theater - LOL! Since when did people get so lazy and greedy?!?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I hope as many of the people trying to sell them on ebay get no buyers and are unable to get a refund on the tickets.
    The good thing about this is that people can ask for the moon on Ebay but you’re not going to have many takers. But sometimes, for whatever reason, people are desperate enough to see this movie opening night Thursday and pay into the thousands to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Since when did people get so lazy and greedy?!?
    Since the beginning of time. There have always been those who take advantage of a situation for a quick profit.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 4, 2019 at 12:11pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I hate people, which is probably why I hate going to the theater - LOL! Since when did people get so lazy and greedy?!?
    Capitalism?
    GIMME TOYS!-

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Since the beginning of time. There have always been those who take advantage of a situation for a quick profit.
    Yep. It just seems worse because places like Ebay and Facebook make it so much easier to scalp things these days.

Back in MY day, you might look for something for resell on a printed "bulletin board" style magazine or the classifieds in the local paper. Now days these guys are buying an item, taking a pic, and putting it up for sale before they've even left the store. It's becoming a "business" for some. Hot new item coming out? Stalk store, buy them all, and resell for $$$.

I hates it. Especially when it comes to kids items at Christmas.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

I would never buy something as common as movie tickets from a scalper (or anything, really. I hate scalpers!). People are ding dongs - LOL! Why not just wait a week and see it then?!? LOL!

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

So, I'm thinking more and more that Nebula is going to play a big role in this movie.

She is, indeed, an important part of the original comic-narrative, and I always figured that she would factor into some kind of plot to undo Thanos - but, I recently saw that Bandai's S.H. Figuarts line is getting a web-exclusive Nebula figure based on her Endgame appearance, and just today Hot Toys announced an Endgame Nebula figure as part of their Movie Masterpiece line...

She has been all but overlooked in the figure world before now... methinks she has an important role to fulfill in Avengers EndGame.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I would never buy something as common as movie tickets from a scalper (or anything, really. I hate scalpers!). People are ding dongs - LOL! Why not just wait a week and see it then?!? LOL!
    Several years ago, I read about a guy who bought a Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile on eBay for about 80 bucks. Initially, they were rare and pretty hard to find. Over the course of several months, more and more shipped. I eventually found one at a Dollar General for a buck.
    Odd Man Out

This....

It is just common sense.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Several years ago, I read about a guy who bought a Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile on eBay for about 80 bucks. Initially, they were rare and pretty hard to find. Over the course of several months, more and more shipped. I eventually found one at a Dollar General for a buck.
    Ha, that is awesome! Yeah there is nothing I need that much that I am willing to over pay for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    This....

It is just common sense.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Sadly common sense is not so common these days!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So, I'm thinking more and more that Nebula is going to play a big role in this movie.

She is, indeed, an important part of the original comic-narrative, and I always figured that she would factor into some kind of plot to undo Thanos - but, I recently saw that Bandai's S.H. Figuarts line is getting a web-exclusive Nebula figure based on her Endgame appearance, and just today Hot Toys announced an Endgame Nebula figure as part of their Movie Masterpiece line...

She has been all but overlooked in the figure world before now... methinks she has an important role to fulfill in Avengers EndGame.

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...figure_PR1.jpg

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...figure_PR3.jpg

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...igure_PR18.jpg
    That is a gorgeous figure! I love how detailed and amazing action figures are these days.

Someone on FB tried arguing with me that they show Tony dead in trailer one. Even if they do not want to be the character anymore, they can be written out for now. I mean how are you going to kill off Iron Man or Thor or Hulk? I like the Pepper theory above. We obviously know Captain Marvel is going to be in it, I just hope she does not pull focus from the heroes we have come to love. It sounds odd, but I am emotionally invested in the rest of the crew. I do not know CM.
    Even though the Russo brothers have denied it, I can’t see time travel or some type of quantum zone stunt not being used for the remaining Avengers to have another crack at Thanos. Once you introduce time travel or alternate reality into your story anyone can die. The question in my mind is, will the deaths be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Even though the Russo brothers have denied it, I can’t see time travel or some type of quantum zone stunt not being used for the remaining Avengers to have another crack at Thanos. Once you introduce time travel or alternate reality into your story anyone can die. The question in my mind is, will the deaths be permanent.
    Right? I know the folks who are assumed dead are probably trapped in the soul stone, so how else do you save them if not for one of those two plot devices?!?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Here's a video to help set the mood for Avengers Endgame encapsulating the 10 years of MCU movies:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Former wrestler Dave Bautista a.k.a. Batista, who played Drax in the two Guardians of the Galaxy films and The Avengers: Infinity War, returned to the ring after completing Endgame, where he faces his old rival Triple H at Wrestlemania in a No Holds Barred match.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

New endgame trailer confirms (?) a partial spoiler! Man am I ready to see this!!

The little "exchange" between Rhodey and CM was the type of thing I was hoping wouldn't happen in this film. I feel like stuff like that only fuels the dislike out there for the character. Maybe it's just me but IMO, it stuck out like a sore thumb.
    Last edited by Dice; April 9, 2019 at 09:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    New endgame trailer confirms (?) a partial spoiler! Man am I ready to see this!!

The little "exchange" between Rhodey and CM was the type of thing I was hoping wouldn't happen in this film. I feel like stuff like that only fuels the dislike out there for the character. Maybe it's just me but IMO, it stuck out like a sore thumb.
    That's the difference between building characters up and letting them earn their popularity vs. overhyping characters and trying to convince the audience of their importance without them earning it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    That's the difference between building characters up and letting them earn their popularity vs. overhyping characters and trying to convince the audience of their importance without them earning it.
    That's pretty much how I see it as well. They didn't do a good job of letting her develop in her own film. She pretty much was a "tough little fella" from start to finish. Because of that she seems like the outsider of the bunch to me.

That's pretty much how I see it as well. They didn't do a good job of letting her develop in her own film. She pretty much was a "tough little fella" from start to finish. Because of that she seems like the outsider of the bunch to me.

Exactly, and I think that was one of the reasons JL failed as well. They had 3 movies, even with part of well wordly known characters but with half baked new interpretations and 3 new ones and it everything felt shoehorned developed, not organically for the audience getting to care.

My main point is Chris Evans as CA in his first movie and even in the first Avengers was one more characters. It wasn't until CA Winter Soldier that the Russo Bros elevated him (and overall MCU) as the top character to match RDJ's IM and be cherished by most people. And I think Chris Hensworth's Thor just did it Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War.

CM does not seem to show any growth within her only movie and has been hyperhyped in many directions, some of them as social reference, instead of being just another hero that can assist in defeating Thanos.
    Not even Ant-Man had so much hype and it was theorized that he alone can defeat Thanos through a hilarious meme.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I understand why you feel the way that you do. I don't entirely disagree. I don't want her to completely overshadow the other Avengers. I don't mind her being a part of things, but I don't want her to be the main focus.

This scene, itself, doesn't entirely bother me. And if anything, Rhodey kind of pushing back is something that I was glad to see, rather than everyone just blindly going along with what she said. While it can otherwise be concerning that she could try to "steal the show," it could also just be that she'll be in the mix of things with the others helping out.

Another point that I would make is this....

Let's pretend that her solo movie had come out sooner, say towards the beginning of Phase 3. And it had pretty much been the exact same movie that we got this year, with the only exception being the mid credits scene

which takes place just after Infinity War, with her responding to Nick Fury's signal that he sent in the post credits scene of Infinity War. They could have just stuck that particular scene as a credit scene in another film.
    And let's suppose all of the other films would be exactly the same, with the minor exception of what I mentioned in the spoiler tags. Even Endgame would be the same movie that we are getting later this month.

So nothing would be fundamentally different in terms of the characters, their development (or lack there of), etc. But the only difference would be that we are introduced to her sooner. Would you still be as concerned about things as you are now in this regard?

I mean, look at some of the other characters playing prominent roles in Infinity War and Endgame. Take Dr. Strange, for example. Prior to Infinity War, he was only in his solo movie and had a brief appearance in Thor Ragnarok (which while fine, wasn't exactly "needed" either). Yet he played a pretty major role in Infinity War. Would you feel the same way about him as you do Captain Marvel now if he didn't have his brief appearance in Thor Ragnarok, and if his film happened to be the one to come out just before Infinity War?

How about Black Panther? Sure, he was in Civil War, so arguably there is a slight difference, but from a "world building" standpoint, most of the significant stuff with him, his people, and Wakanda didn't happen until the Black Panther movie came out last year, only a few months before Infinity War (similar to Captain Marvel before Endgame now). And all of that was a rather major part of Infinity War later in the movie, with the main battle taking place in Wakanda.

Again, I get how you feel to an extent. But I don't think the perception of her being the last minute, overshadowing addition would even be there if her film had just come out sooner in Phase 3, but everything else was otherwise pretty much the same in all other respects. And while I do think it probably would have been better if that had happened sooner, in terms of accepting her into the mix, if the end result is fundamentally the same, then does it really matter that much?

Amen to that.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand why you feel the way that you do. I don't entirely disagree. I don't want her to completely overshadow the other Avengers. I don't mind her being a part of things, but I don't want her to be the main focus.

This scene, itself, doesn't entirely bother me. And if anything, Rhodey kind of pushing back is something that I was glad to see, rather than everyone just blindly going along with what she said. While it can otherwise be concerning that she could try to "steal the show," it could also just be that she'll be in the mix of things with the others helping out.

Let's pretend that her solo movie had come out sooner, say towards the beginning of Phase 3. And it had pretty much been the exact same movie that we got this year, with the only exception being the mid credits scene

And let's suppose all of the other films would be exactly the same, with the minor exception of what I mentioned in the spoiler tags. Even Endgame would be the same movie that we are getting later this month.

So nothing would be fundamentally different in terms of the characters, their development (or lack there of), etc. But the only difference would be that we are introduced to her sooner. Would you still be as concerned about things as you are now in this regard?

I mean, look at some of the other characters playing prominent roles in Infinity War and Endgame. Take Dr. Strange, for example. Prior to Infinity War, he was only in his solo movie and had a brief appearance in Thor Ragnarok (which while fine, wasn't exactly "needed" either). Yet he played a pretty major role in Infinity War. Would you feel the same way about him as you do Captain Marvel now if he didn't have his brief appearance in Thor Ragnarok, and if his film happened to be the one to come out just before Infinity War?

How about Black Panther? Sure, he was in Civil War, so arguably there is a slight difference, but from a "world building" standpoint, most of the significant stuff with him, his people, and Wakanda didn't happen until the Black Panther movie came out last year, only a few months before Infinity War (similar to Captain Marvel before Endgame now). And all of that was a rather major part of Infinity War later in the movie, with the main battle taking place in Wakanda.

Again, I get how you feel to an extent. But I don't think the perception of her being the last minute, overshadowing addition would even be there if her film had just come out sooner in Phase 3, but everything else was otherwise pretty much the same in all other respects. And while I do think it probably would have been better if that had happened sooner, in terms of accepting her into the mix, if the end result is fundamentally the same, then does it really matter that much?
    There's a lot of "pretending" and "supposing" in there along with the fact that the two characters that you used as reference died. So we can't equate that to the role that from all accounts she'll have. So in essence, how is any of what you said comparable?

I'm with Faker, Dice and Riddle on this one.

I got the sense that they were going to 'over hype' her and make her save the day not because she is the most powerful being in the universe (I wouldn't know, I never heard of her until recently), but because of the way they seem to need to make everything about 'strong females.' For example 'The Force is Female,' the 'Future is Female' and on and on. As a woman I am NOT a fan of this. I never needed to be pandered to or have a character shoved down my throat to fulfill some sort of quota to empower me.

Well if you read again what I was pointing to mainly was what I consider poor character development. So the release time really isn't the issue. Whenever I have talked about the "last second" release before, I was more pointing to the fact that she didn't get more time to interact and maybe develop more. Because many fans found her performance and character very bland, even if we overall enjoyed the movie. It's obvious she's supposed to be playing this tough character but (IMO) she comes off bland and very much a loner. She tries too hard to be tough and it seems unrealistic. I almost get the slight feel (and this clip gives me that feel as well) of a small sense of being better than everyone else. I don't mean this about the other characters, I'm just talking in general. A very slight superiority complex. Edit: I don't think it's intended, but it's a result of her trying to portray "toughness".

Me personally: I just don't look forward to seeing a "tank" character that comes in and TO ME feels very separate from the TEAM. I believe she could have been successful if her origin movie had helped her feel more developed and likable (for myself) in her movie.

Maybe (???), they'll do a good job of humbling and meshing her into the group in Endgame?

It is curious how Dr Strange only having his solo movie and a brief cameo at Thor Ragnarok had a much better acceptance at Infinity War than CM seem to shall have at Endgame. The difference may be that he's not been overhyped and his movie shown him having a personal growth to reach hero status and Benedict Cumberbatch delivered an awesome performance. So, his introduction to all other Avengers felt more organic in comparison as the apparent Deus Ex Machina Cap Marvel.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Well said.

A lot of people forget many of the points that you bring up.... I mean Spider-man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange only have an origin story under their belts so far and people aren't as quick to ostracize them.

Of course Captain Marvel is going to play a part in stopping Thanos... but, at this point in time, I think it's silly to think that she will overshadow the rest of the cast.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    It is curious how Dr Strange only having his solo movie and a brief cameo at Thor Ragnarok had a much better acceptance at Infinity War than CM seem to shall have at Endgame. The difference may be that he's not been overhyped and his movie shown him having a personal growth to reach hero status and Benedict Cumberbatch delivered an awesome performance. So, his introduction to all other Avengers felt more organic in comparison as the apparent Deus Ex Machina Cap Marvel.
    Exactly. We get to see a flawed character become the Sorcerer Supreme. I mean at the beginning of the movie Cumberbatch made me not like his character. And by the end, he was golden.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    I know everyone isn't going to chime on this but I have faith in the Russo Brothers they're record is 3-0 I don't see them making a bad film after all the hype from the last three they did