Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I know everyone isn't going to chime on this but I have faith in the Russo Brothers they're record is 3-0 I don't see them making a bad film after all the hype from the last three they did
    I think, and hope, that I will love it as much as I have loved the others. They have done an amazing job so far.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I loved the clip and shows exactly what I predicted would happen at this point in the movie. Seeing all the previous trailers (and keeping track of Black Widow's evolving hairstyle), it's fairly easy to see the progression of the story. A little more than 2 weeks and the movie records will be broken yet again by this series...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    There's a lot of "pretending" and "supposing" in there
    There is? Pretty much the only "pretending" and "supposing" is what if hypothetically the Captain Marvel film had come out sooner (say 6 or 7 movies ago), but was the same film that we got, with the sole exception of the mid-credits scene having to be put in another movie since

it takes place in between Infinity War and Endgame

Yeah, that's a lot to get one's head around. It's up there with advanced calculus!

along with the fact that the two characters that you used as reference died. So we can't equate that to the role that from all accounts she'll have. So in essence, how is any of what you said comparable?
    It's very comparable, unless you want to really split a lot of small hairs to make an argument to the contrary.

What does them having died have to do with anything? My point is simply that these were characters introduced during phase 3 who both had major roles in at some point in Infinity War and/or Endgame.

While my point was not specifically in terms of them being major aspects of Thanos being defeated, arguably Doctor Strange's involvement could be looked at as being the most important of all in defeating Thanos since (before handing it over), he used the time stone to look into the future of every possible scenario of how things turn out, and they only win in one of them. While he "died," it was only because handing over the time stone to Thanos, and sacrificing himself since he is among those effected by the snap, it was all to set in motion the series of events that leads to Thanos being defeated.

And besides Black Panther himself, the location of Wankanda and the many other characters from the Black Panther movie, which only came out about 3 months before Infinity War, were a major part of that film. Whether or not they were specifically instrumental in directly defeating Thanos in Endgame is besides the point. You still have characters (and a major location) from a film that came out 3 months before Infinity War having a major impact on Infinity War, similar to how Captain Marvel coming out roughly 3 months before Endgame will potentially have a major impact on Endgame. Yet no one seems to take as much issue with Black Panther's involvement as they do with Captain Marvel.

Doctor Strange obviously didn't come out immediately before Infinity War, but my point with him is just that the only major difference IMO between him (having only been in his one solo movie and having a brief throw-away scene in Ragnarok) having a big role in Infinity War and Captain Marvel having a big role in Endgame is that his movie came out about 2 years before Infinity War, rather than just a few months. Hence my entire point about "what if" the Captain Marvel movie, being mostly the exact same movie save for the mid-credits scene, had come out a couple/few years ago. I highly doubt that people would be making as much of an issue over her involvement if she had simply been introduced sooner, but the films, themselves were pretty much exactly the same movies that we got.

Another thing to keep in mind is that pretty much all of the people who were "dusted away" from the finger snap are almost certainly going to come back at some point in Endgame. And it may not necessarily be after Thanos is fully defeated. While they will want the main original Avengers who have been around since Phase 1 to shine (hence them being among those who survived), I'm thinking that once the others are brought back from the dead, there's likely going to be some major battle that will have all of the heroes (minus possibly the likes of Gamora and Vision since they were killed before the finger snap, but that's just speculation on my part) from all of the movies thus far battling side by side in the same location in the "grand finale" of the movie. Maybe they find a way (be it them acquiring the stones, or via some other means) to bring everyone back before Thanos is actually defeated. And all of them will be there taking place in some form in that battle (likely against Thanos and many other minions of his). So we don't necessarily know that none of the people who were introduced in the later MCU movies won't have a major role in actually taking down Thanos at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Well if you read again what I was pointing to mainly was what I consider poor character development. So the release time really isn't the issue. Whenever I have talked about the "last second" release before, I was more pointing to the fact that she didn't get more time to interact and maybe develop more.
    I get your point. My point is simply that even if you (and others) still felt this way about the character's actual development, but the film had come out a couple/few years ago, the idea of her being in Endgame likely wouldn't be as upsetting as it is being taken now under the circumstance of her film coming out just before hand. And even if her character had been better developed, regardless of the timing of the release of her movie (be it a few years ago, or earlier this year as the case actually is), would that really in any way change the concern of a more newly introduced character potentially outshining the "main" Avengers that have been in the MCU since Phase 1?

I know everyone isn't going to chime on this but I have faith in the Russo Brothers they're record is 3-0 I don't see them making a bad film after all the hype from the last three they did
    ^^^This.

So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I loved the clip and shows exactly what I predicted would happen at this point in the movie. Seeing all the previous trailers (and keeping track of Black Widow's evolving hairstyle), it's fairly easy to see the progression of the story. A little more than 2 weeks and the movie records will be broken yet again by this series...
    I love this clip too. It answers the question that has been on everyone's mind since Captain Marvel was released... where the heck was she all this time? And, it was done efficiently - without the need to waste 30 minutes explaining it.

At this point, I think the people complaining about this movie are grasping at straws... looking for something that they can dislike, knowing full well that they will go see it and almost certainly enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I get your point. My point is simply that even if you (and others) still felt this way about the character's actual development, but the film had come out a couple/few years ago, the idea of her being in Endgame likely wouldn't be as upsetting as it is being taken now under the circumstance of her film coming out just before hand. And even if her character had been better developed, regardless of the timing of the release of her movie (be it a few years ago, or earlier this year as the case actually is), would that really in any way change the concern of a more newly introduced character potentially outshining the "main" Avengers that have been in the MCU since Phase 1?
    Again, I agree with this.

And, I would like to know just how much more "development" Carol Danvers needs?

When she went in search of her past and found Maria Rambeau, Carol finally realized the error in her way and saw that she was being used by the Kree. At this point she decides to make amends for what she has done and go after the Supreme Intelligence / Accusers.

Sounds like the makings of a sequel to me - not an underdeveloped character...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

After this they should give Marvel movies a break for a year
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    That is not going to happen. Heck, Spider-Man Far From Home comes out later this summer, and is technically the start of the next "phase" of the MCU.

I really just don't agree with either of the points you're trying to make.

If the movie come out much earlier she maybe could have had some cameo's in other movies to further develop. More interaction with the other Avengers may have given her character more time to shine. You compare Dr. Strange and I would say that his cameo in Thor showed him as having progressed a great deal from where we saw him at the end of his own movie.

If she'd been better developed in her own movie she'd be more likeable and wouldn't stick out the way she does to me. But she wasn't, so she does. I'm just not all that impressed with this character. You make a comparison to Black Panther and Dr. Strange. I felt like those characters were well developed. They easily slide right into the MCU. For me, Captain Marvel does not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Again, I agree with this.

And, I would like to know just how much more "development" Carol Danvers needs?

When she went in search of her past and found Maria Rambeau, Carol finally realized the error in her way and saw that she was being used by the Kree. At this point she decides to make amends for what she has done and go after the Supreme Intelligence / Accusers.

Sounds like the makings of a sequel to me - not an underdeveloped character...
    She wakes up, wants to fight.
    Kree trainer wants her to use less power?? Why?? "Hey we have a powerful warrior on our side. Best to keep her from using that power since we're a war strike team". Mostly he just wants to keep her from reaching her potential.
    She wants to join main team to fight.
    Gets captured, fights her way out.
    Hit earth, immediately begins fighting again.
    Let's watered down Nick Fury on laughing gas tag along.
    Tough girl everywhere she goes.
    Finds out past and realizes she's been tricked.
    Switches sides or "amends for her ways" depending on who's watching.
    Power's up after thinking about all the times she got told to stay down and people not wanting her to reach her potential.
    Becomes invincestable!!
    The end.

She was tough, stayed tough, and was able to become tougher by the end of the film.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    I really just don't agree with either of the points you're trying to make.

If the movie come out much earlier she maybe could have had some cameo's in other movies to further develop. More interaction with the other Avengers may have given her character more time to shine. You compare Dr. Strange and I would say that his cameo in Thor showed him as having progressed a great deal from where we saw him at the end of his own movie.

If she'd been better developed in her own movie she'd be more likeable and wouldn't stick out the way she does to me. But she wasn't, so she does. I'm just not all that impressed with this character. You make a comparison to Black Panther and Dr. Strange. I felt like those characters were well developed. They easily slide right into the MCU. For me, Captain Marvel does not.

- - - Updated - - -

Kree trainer wants her to use less power?? Why?? "Hey we have a powerful warrior on our side. Best to keep her from using that power since we're a war strike team". Mostly he just wants to keep her from reaching her potential.
    Power's up after thinking about all the times she got told to stay down and people not wanting her to reach her potential.
    Becomes invincestable!!
    The end.

She was tough, stayed tough, and was able to become tougher by the end of the film.
    Well I'm not defending her at all BUT there is ONE little thing that makes her different...She has had no real human contact in years and she only knows the Kree way which is warlike she doesn't start to get to be more "human" until near the end of the film when she finds out that her memories have been altered/erased the other MCU characters had at least had interaction with humans to understand them better..

Well I'm not defending her at all BUT there is ONE little thing that makes her different...She has had no real human contact in years and she only knows the Kree way which is warlike she doesn't start to get to be more "human" until near the end of the film when she finds out that her memories have been altered/erased the other MCU characters had at least had interaction with humans to understand them better..
    I can easily see that and feel like more time to develop her could show more of that humanity.

It's not the end of the world though. I loved Ragnarok and at the same time really hated how one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time was portrayed.

I can easily see that and feel like more time to develop her could show more of that humanity.

It's not the end of the world though. I loved Ragnarok and at the same time really hated how one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time was portrayed.
    Who?

Becomes invincestable!!
    The end.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or not.

If not, then you left out some important plot points... such as Carol believing that she is part of an altruistic heroic race of beings at war with the Skrull (so, of course she is going to fight.)

Also, remember, she was manipulated and brainwashed by the very people she trusted (so, yes, she is going to be angry.)

And, I would imagine that Yon-Rogg (and the Supreme Intelligence) wanted to keep Carol's power in check so that they had a better chance of manipulating/studying her - oh, and so that they don't get obliterated while trying to do so.

I'm not sure what you have against tough female characters (did you think that she needed to hit rock bottom and climb back up? Did she need to gain her powers some other way?), but claiming that she is underdeveloped is silly seeing as how we know what she faced as a child, coming of age as an adolescent, overcoming adversity in the Air Force, and finally coming into her own as a super-powered human/Kree hybrid.

There is nothing wrong with starting off tough and staying that way (or, even becoming tougher)... after all, Wonder Woman did it (among many other prominent female heroes.)

I'm not going to tell you that you have to like Captain Marvel, that is entirely up to you. But, I will say that the movie didn't make a billion dollars by accident.
    Last edited by Ornclown; April 10, 2019 at 10:47pm.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Why would they want to intentionally slow their own momentum?

Who?
    Hulk. I was very disappointed with the direction they went with him and his overall role in the movie. Still loved the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or not.

If not, then you left out some important plot points... such as Carol believing that she is part of an altruistic heroic race of beings at war with the Skrull (so, of course she is going to fight.)

Also, remember, she was manipulated and brainwashed by the very people she trusted (so, yes, she is going to be angry.)

And, I would imagine that Yon-Rogg (and the Supreme Intelligence) wanted to keep Carol's power in check so that they had a better chance of manipulating/studying her - oh, and so that they don't get obliterated while trying to do so.

I'm not sure what you have against tough female characters (did you think that she needed to hit rock bottom and climb back up? Did she need to gain her powers some other way?), but claiming that she is underdeveloped is silly seeing as how we know what she faced as a child, coming of age as an adolescent, overcoming adversity in the Air Force, and finally coming into her own as a super-powered human/Kree hybrid.

There is nothing wrong with starting off tough and staying that way (or, even becoming tougher)... after all, Wonder Woman did it (among many other prominent female heroes.)

I'm not going to tell you that you have to like Captain Marvel, that is entirely up to you. But, I will say that the movie didn't make a billion dollars by accident.
    You don't realize it but you're almost saying the same thing I am. My point was the MOVIE didn't show us her soft side/vulnerability/flaws/inner self/personality.

When I say tough, I mean that's all they did with her. Wonder Woman was indeed tough. But that movie showed us an array of her emotions and showcased her heart along with her strength. My opinion is that Captain Marvel (the movie) did a poor job of that with their leading character.

EDIT: your comments of "what she had to overcome as a child"...that was one of my biggest complaints of the film.

Do you guys only read my posts when I'm directly talking to you? I've said it was a good movie and even recommended people see it in theaters several times.

"But you complained about it!"

Anyhow HoPeFully Caahhptian Marvel wOn'T completely rUiN aVeNgErS
    Last edited by Dice; April 11, 2019 at 10:57am.

second trailer..all actors so intense and serious.. then u see an animated raccoon

i hope captain marvel kicks black widows butt. wishful thinking of course
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    second trailer..all actors so intense and serious.. then u see an animated raccoon
    Look at Clint's face...

Clint: "I'm gone for 5 minutes and half the universe is wiped... what the %♥#&♣¡¡?? Is that a talking racoon????"
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Not a fan of Don Cheadle as a person, but I liked Rhoadie giving Marvel the business.

Edited to add: I always wondered why Howard did not continue as War Machine.

https://screenrant.com/why-terrence-...-man-2-salary/
    Last edited by IceyCat; April 11, 2019 at 06:36pm.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Not a fan of Don Cheadle as a person, but I liked Rhoadie giving Marvel the business.

Edited to add: I always wondered why Howard did not continue as War Machine.

https://screenrant.com/why-terrence-...-man-2-salary/
    Don Cheadle is a WAY better actor than Terrence Howard and Howard played the Ed Norton crap like he was all that which didn't work...

Don Cheadle is a WAY better actor than Terrence Howard and Howard played the Ed Norton crap like he was all that which didn't work...
    I do not blame him if he signed a contract for X amount of dollars and then they told him they would pay him a lot less. I guess contracts do not mean anything in Hollywood?

Wouldn't you be mad if you were hired for a job and were told you were going to be paid a certain amount and then your employer said 'Surprise! We are going to give you 1/8th of what we promised!'

I do not blame him if he signed a contract for X amount of dollars and then they told him they would pay him a lot less. I guess contracts do not mean anything in Hollywood?

Wouldn't you be mad if you were hired for a job and were told you were going to be paid a certain amount and then your employer said 'Surprise! We are going to give you 1/8th of what we promised!'
    That's wasn't the case we wanted to get paid the same if not more than Robert Downey...See some actor's think they can shake the cage and DEMAND big money for what? It was the first MCU film I bet he's kicking himself in the ass now if he kept his mouth shut and waited he would be sitting pretty now...And don't just ignore that Howard was in the same douchey category as Ed Norton who wanted all kinds of demands.....how did that work out?

And in that story Cheadle did the role for the same amount of Money that Howard turned down..... Last time I looked it said Iron Man Not War Machine etc.
    Last edited by Megalodon; April 11, 2019 at 08:28pm.

He was hired for three movies at a set rate and between films they decided to cut his pay by 1/8th. That is not what he signed on for, so why would he work for less? They should have offered him the lower amount to begin with.

What did Don Cheadle do for you to not like him as a person?

What did Don Cheadle do for you to not like him as a person?
    Just not a fan of his, and many of his cast mates, political leanings. I think that these folks use their fame to kind of sway the politically uneducated to vote a certain way with the PSAs they do and the comments they make.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Why would they want to intentionally slow their own momentum?
    Speaking of this, as excited as I am to see this movie I'm equally excited to see what direction the end of the movie sends the MCU. I'm assuming we'll get a hint of things to come (read some small semi possible spoilers) at then end. I had a theory but Captain Marvel completely destroyed it

Speaking of this, as excited as I am to see this movie I'm equally excited to see what direction the end of the movie sends the MCU. I'm assuming we'll get a hint of things to come (read some small semi possible spoilers) at then end. I had a theory but Captain Marvel completely destroyed it
    Don't forget that Spider-Man Far From Home comes out in July. From what I recall reading, it is supposed to start pretty much immediately after the events of Endgame, so that should also help give some hints of the direction of things to come.

Don't forget that Spider-Man Far From Home comes out in July. From what I recall reading, it is supposed to start pretty much immediately after the events of Endgame, so that should also help give some hints of the direction of things to come.
    Oh yeah and I think I've read somewhere that it has a big tie in with Endgame...can't remember how exactly.