Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Oh yeah and I think I've read somewhere that it has a big tie in with Endgame...can't remember how exactly.
    The only thing remotely specific was that it is supposed to pick up just after Endgame. I'm assuming that means it will be roughly something akin to how Star Wars Rogue One connects up with Star Wars A New Hope (minus the fact that Rogue One is a prequel that was made MANY years later), in which the end of one movie and the start of the other are likely just a matter of minutes or hours apart from each other in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The only thing remotely specific was that it is supposed to pick up just after Endgame. I'm assuming that means it will be roughly something akin to how Star Wars Rogue One connects up with Star Wars A New Hope (minus the fact that Rogue One is a prequel that was made MANY years later), in which the end of one movie and the start of the other are likely just a matter of minutes or hours apart from each other in continuity.
    I went back and found what it was I read. It's technically just a (possible) spoiler for Endgame that you see in the Far From Home trailer. Technically Endgame does has a small effect on Far From Home if this theory is true.

And your idea might very well be the case.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

clint is one very boring character, then again, so is ant-man. an ant?!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    He was hired for three movies at a set rate and between films they decided to cut his pay by 1/8th. That is not what he signed on for, so why would he work for less? They should have offered him the lower amount to begin with.
    Face it you just don't like Don Cheadle....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Face it you just don't like Don Cheadle....
    Yeah but that has nothing to do with the fact that the original actor got boned.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I went back and found what it was I read. It's technically just a (possible) spoiler for Endgame that you see in the Far From Home trailer. Technically Endgame does has a small effect on Far From Home if this theory is true.

And your idea might very well be the case.
    I don't think there's much in the way of Endgame spoilers in this idea or in the Far From Home trailer. It's pretty much a given that some way, some how they are going to at least reverse/bring back all of the people who were "dusted" away from the finger snap. So that IMO isn't a spoiler.

And as far as what was stated about when Far From Home takes place, it's just them roughly specifying that it takes plus just after the events of Endgame, and not months or years later.

Yeah but that has nothing to do with the fact that the original actor got boned.
    No your avoiding the question Terrance Howard refused to work for that so he wasn't brought back for the rest of the films same thing for Ed Norton and Hugo Weaving they DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT! How is that getting screwed? So what if they signed a multi picture deal when you refuse to work that get's you replaced it happens in real life too if you won't work your job they'll find a replacement Howard didn't get screwed out of anything...fact!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Why would they want to intentionally slow their own momentum?
    Because you don't need to overstaturation of too many Marvel films in a year when you can do just one film in a year.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Because you don't need to overstaturation of too many Marvel films in a year when you can do just one film in a year.
    Why would they want to intentionally slow their own momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    No your avoiding the question Terrance Howard refused to work for that so he wasn't brought back for the rest of the films same thing for Ed Norton and Hugo Weaving they DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT! How is that getting screwed? So what if they signed a multi picture deal when you refuse to work that get's you replaced it happens in real life too if you won't work your job they'll find a replacement Howard didn't get screwed out of anything...fact!
    No, you are avoiding the fact that he had a three picture deal that he agreed to at a SET PRICE and they lowered it and he said 'No thanks' and walked away. If he just simply got greedy and asked for more between pictures then that would be stupid on his part. That was not the case (from what was in the article I posted).

That being said, I really do not give a flying fig about multimillionaire actors and actresses who play pretend for a living. Personally, I would have jumped at being in the MCU irregardless of the pay because of how amazing the movies have been and what they could do for your career. If someone walked up to me and said I will pay you $50 to portray (insert hero) in a movie I would have been like 'Heck yeah!'

We have spent far too much time in this thread bickering over an aside. It really is not worth it, you just seem to like to fight - LOL!

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

No, you are avoiding the fact that he had a three picture deal that he agreed to at a SET PRICE and they lowered it and he said 'No thanks' and walked away. If he just simply got greedy and asked for more between pictures then that would be stupid on his part. That was not the case (from what was in the article I posted).

That being said, I really do not give a flying fig about multimillionaire actors and actresses who play pretend for a living. Personally, I would have jumped at being in the MCU irregardless of the pay because of how amazing the movies have been and what they could do for your career. If someone walked up to me and said I will pay you $50 to portray (insert hero) in a movie I would have been like 'Heck yeah!'

We have spent far too much time in this thread bickering over an aside. It really is not worth it, you just seem to like to fight - LOL!
    No I want to prove what is fact all 3 of those actors in question refused to either come back or didn't want to work for the money I don't care what behind the scenes crap went on they were not the leads and wanted lead money...I mention 3 similar stories but your harping on one because you don't like a certain actor but all 3 were the same...That's all

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I don't think there's much in the way of Endgame spoilers in this idea or in the Far From Home trailer. It's pretty much a given that some way, some how they are going to at least reverse/bring back all of the people who were "dusted" away from the finger snap. So that IMO isn't a spoiler.
    This isn't what I was talking about. It's a different possible spoiler based on something seen in the trailer and a theory about Endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post

Has there ever been a precedent set by any other franchise that would prove this true? Who out there thinks having too many Marvel movies is a bad thing?

I'd probably be more likely to LOSE interest if I had to wait a year between Marvel films

Has there ever been a precedent set by any other franchise that would prove this true? Who out there thinks having too many Marvel movies is a bad thing?

I'd probably be more likely to LOSE interest if I had to wait a year between Marvel films
    Right.

You could make a case for "oversaturation" if ticket sales were slowing down or there were signs of interest waning. People have been predicting "Marvel Fatigue" for years.

But that's clearly not happening. If anything its the opposite, as the public appears to actually be gaining interest as each movie comes out.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I love the Marvel movies. I can remember watching Iron Man in the movies and being overwhelmed with emotion by the end thinking 'THIS is how you do a comic book movie.' Honestly they just keep getting better.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    In other expected Avengers Endgame movie news:

https://mashable.com/article/avenger.../#OlvdUvUlWaqg

"Looks like killing off half the cast of Infinity War is paying off big time for Marvel.

After just one week of pre-sales, Avengers: Endgame is reportedly outselling Avengers: Infinity War 5 to 1 on Fandango. Earning over $2 billion worldwide during its initial release, Infinity War is the second highest-grossing Marvel film to hit theaters — second only to the unprecedented success of Black Panther.

The highly-anticipated final Avengers installment has also beaten the records for both highest first day and highest first week of pre-sales on Fandango, accolades previously held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

On the first day of Endgame ticket sales, users flocked to online box offices at such high rates that the AMC Theaters site temporarily went down — and Fandango was forced to put user sessions "on pause" while they sorted out site demand.

Fandango reports thousands of Endgame showings are already sold out across the country. Many theaters are scrambling to meet demand, adding showtimes as early as 4:00 am and 6:30 am on opening day."

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/av...rs-1202058423/

"Avengers: Endgame” has already set ticket sale records in the U.S., and now it’s doing the same in China. According to the Maoyan Box Office System (per Deadline), “Endgame” sold one million tickets in China in its first six hours of availability. Tickets for the Marvel blockbuster went on sale Friday, April 12 local time. No film in China has ever reached one million advance tickets sold in six hours.

The statistics only get crazier from there. “Avengers: Infinity War” is currently the all-time pre-sales record holder with $65 million worth of tickets sold ahead of the movie’s theatrical release. Box office experts predict “Endgame” could approach $100 million advance tickets sold, considering the upcoming movie sold more tickets in its first hour than “Infinity War” sold in its first 24 hours. Furthermore, “Endgame” outsold “Infinity War’s” first seven days of advance ticket sales in a mere three hours.

“Avengers: Endgame” is opening in China on April 24, two days before its launch in U.S. theaters. That the film will open in the world’s two biggest markets on the same weekend has led many to believe it’s a no brainer “Endgame” will break the record for the biggest worldwide opener in movie history. “Infinity War” currently holds that record with $640 million, although it achieved that without the film opening in China. “Infinity War” debuted in the Middle Kingdom with $191 million, so many believe with “Endgame” opening in both countries at once it could break the $800 million mark in its global debut.

As for its U.S. launch, “Endgame” is expected to get close to or surpass the $258 million opening of “Infinity War,” currently the biggest domestic opening in history. Given the “Infinity War” cliffhanger, in which several beloved superheroes died after Thanos succeeded in his quest to wipe out half the universe’s population, anticipation has reached astronomical levels for “Endgame.”
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Just a warning since it seems that some Avengers Endgame key scenes videos have leaked online and some idiots are posting spoilers in social media, even on threads that are not related to Avengers, comics or movies.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Just a warning since it seems that some Avengers Endgame key scenes videos have leaked online and some idiots are posting spoilers in social media, even on threads that are not related to Avengers, comics or movies.
    I told my students that if they spoil any part of EndGame for me, they will automatically fail the class!

Had a major spoiler revealed to me on Facebook in a COMPLETELY random page that had nothing to do with Marvel or movies (paleontology, actually). I really, really wished I could have left that as a surprise.

Be careful everyone, people are really going out of their way anywhere they can to ruin the big stuff, and really...you need that stuff to be a surprise.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The final trailer was released recently:

Only a week and a day to go now...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The 'bunch of a-holes' part made me laugh more than it should have. It certainly has been an entertaining ride, hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The final trailer was released recently:

Only a week and a day to go now...
    Goosebumps!!!

It opens on my son and hubby's birthdays, so we will be going to the Drive In to see it. I am not drinking anything all day prior though - LOL! Three hours is a long time to go without being able to hit pause

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Had a major spoiler revealed to me on Facebook in a COMPLETELY random page that had nothing to do with Marvel or movies (paleontology, actually). I really, really wished I could have left that as a surprise.

Be careful everyone, people are really going out of their way anywhere they can to ruin the big stuff, and really...you need that stuff to be a surprise.
    Hate to hear that. I have an internal battle waging where half of me wants badly to go ahead and see the spoilers while the other half of me wants badly to wait and see it in the theaters.

Hate to hear that. I have an internal battle waging where half of me wants badly to go ahead and see the spoilers while the other half of me wants badly to wait and see it in the theaters.
    I mean....it's basically imagine the most amazing thing possible and you're pretty close, but for that reason, the impact would feel so, so good if you let it be a surprise after a whole movie building up. It really honestly is worth staying strong and just waiting.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa