Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2019 - August 17 & 18 in Anaheim, California - Exclusive sales have ENDED

Power-Con 2019 - August 17 & 18 in Anaheim, California - Exclusive sales have ENDED

Updated March 9, 2019:

Attendee pre-sales are live!
    Click here to pre-order now before the Attendee window for exclusives closes on April 7th.

---------------------
    Updated March 8, 2019:

We have one last surprise exclusive for Power-Con 2019! And that is MOTU wrapping paper painted by the late Earl Norem.
    Click here for info on how to pre-order yours!

---------------------
    Updated March 5, 2019:

For Non-Attendees.
    We will have two official resale partners: BBTS and S.P.A.C.E.
    The Non-Attendee sale window is from April 8th and end Sunday, May 5th, pending a prior sellout.

Please see this post on the Power-Con site for their prices.

For Non-Attendees seeking other purchase options, we have several Attendees offering to help out Non-Attendees for a small markup. Please note that these pre-orders are between you and the Attendee, and are not the responsibility of Power-Con.

Please check out these posts:
    1. luge311 (a reputable eBay seller, volunteer at Power-Con, and seller who has helped Power-Con for a couple years with Non-Attendee Customer Service needs)
    2. bat4life1 (a reputable retailer who has had a retailer booth at Power-Con for many years)
    3. Shecky (a reputable Org Marketplace buyer/seller who has been selling for years)
    4. Count Judas (a reputable Org Marketplace buyer/seller who has been selling for years)

Also, get a glimpse of what made Power-Con so amazing in 2018! If you love He-Man and She-Ra, be sure to join us August 17 & 18, 2019 in Anaheim, California for an even bigger celebration of Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power!
    Directed by Daniel Benedict

---------------------
    Updated February 16, 2019:

The Power-Con 2019 exclusives have been revealed!
    Click here to see full images, and to learn more info.

---------------------
    Updated February 2, 2019:

You can now reserve your room for Power-Con with the discounted Power-Con rate at the Hilton Anaheim, the headquarters for where the convention will take place! Click here to visit our Hotel & Travel section for links and more information. We look forward to seeing you this August 17th & 18th in Anaheim to celebrate all things He-Man and She-Ra!

---------------------
    Updated January 18, 2019:

I want to give you all a heads up on some general info, so those who are interested can start making plans and preparing their finances.

The plan is to start pre-sales of tickets and exclusives on Saturday, March 9th at 12:00pm Eastern Time (UTC -5).
    Prices to be announced in the near future.
    Prices are in USD.

Hotel reservations will start soon. We have a discounted room block. I expect it to fill up fast.
    Discounted rates will be $ 169.00 for a standard room with a king bed, or two queen beds, plus fees & taxes. By comparison, it was $ 147.00 per night at the Torrance Marriott in 2018. So not a huge increase considering the hotel, what it offers, and its location.
    Like in previous years, in order to keep people from sitting on rooms because they aren't sure if they will attend, the first night's room charge will occur when you make your reservation and it is non-refundable.
    Also, if we sell out of our discounted room block, I will try to expand the block a second time. But there's no guarantees this can happen.

We will be reaching out to prior year exhibitors soon for early reservation on tables and booths.
    Then we will open up table and booth registration to new exhibitors the same time Attendee pre-orders go live.

We hope to have Volunteer and Press registration go live the same time as Attendee pre-orders.
    Volunteers and Press need to buy their Attendee passes ahead of time. Like last year, Press who have approved applications will have their Attendee pass purchase refunded. And, Volunteers who complete their schedules will receive reimbursements based on our hourly credit rate.

The cosplay contest will return, and we will have $ 1000.00 worth of cash prizes; possibly an increase in the total value amount as well as the number of cash prizes. If you are a cosplayer planning to attend the show, start planning your outfits now! They must be based on the He-Man and She-Ra universe. All current and past canons are acceptable source material. Mash-up concepts are welcome as long as they are one-part MOTU or POP. All costumes must be all-ages friendly.

Power-Con is a harassment-free show. Don't make us send the Royal Guard after you, because we won't hesitate to do so. "Be excellent to each other!"

At this time, there are three exclusive items.
    1. a MOTUC Collector's Choice 3-pack. The price will be $ 165.00
    2. a MOTUC Collector's Choice single figure release. The price will be $ 55.00
    3. a special collectible figure item (not MOTUC CC or CG). The price will be $ 50.00
    • Exact details on what these figures are will be revealed in the near future.
    • A couple other items might be announced. If they are not for pre-sale, then they will be for sale at the show, and probably only available at Power-Con.
    • All Collector's Choice figures will be repaints (no new sculpting or tooling), with some soft goods items here or there.

I know the pricing on exclusives will be a sticking point for some of you, which I completely understand. So to address some of those concerns now:
    • Yes, the price has gone up on the figures. The main reason for the price bump is a lower production quantity. As a result, that means a higher production cost.
    • Also, there will be a fixed quantity this year, hence the lower production quantity. Meaning, it's not made-to-order. The main reason for this is because we're so close to the show dates that we had to set a quantity so the factory could slot them in for production. As a result, these items will be made available for pre-order to Attendees first. Then, once the Attendee pre-sale window ends, the balance will be made available for pre-order to Non-Attendees through our resale partners. This is similar to Power-Con 2016. We do not know the length of the pre-sale window at this time, but we should know it soon.
    • Attendees should not count on these being available at the show so they should pre-order any desired items.
    • Payment for Attendees is due in full at the time the pre-order is made, as in prior years.
    • Payment for Attendee pre-orders will be accepted in the form of the major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). We will not accept PayPal, eCheck, or any other form of payment for pre-orders.

I know this is going to come across as a sales pitch, but I really do intend it as a voice of assurance. When we look back at past releases, almost all Power-Con MOTUC items have held their value or even gone up in value. So even though this year's prices are higher, I feel pretty good about fans being able to at least break even should you decide to sell your items off at a later date. That said, value of figures is always dependent on the status of our collector community. MOTU and POP have always had a strong collector following, and as long as they keep making new toys, comics, cartoons, etc, I feel it will stay that way for years to come.

If you plan to come, and want things that might go quickly (like a hotel room, or a Power Pass, etc), and don't want to miss out on times, dates, links, etc, then I encourage you all to sign up to our mailing list if you have not done so already! This will be the best way to get notices and important info that you don't want to miss.
    Click here to subscribe to the mailing list.

Cryptic teasers of the exclusives, to be revealed soon:
    Disclaimer about teaser image: Teasers are from digital mockups of the 2019 Power-Con exclusives. Final product, including colors and decorations, will vary.
    Teaser 1
    Teaser 2
    Teaser 3
    Teaser 4
    Teaser 5
    Teaser 6
    Teaser 7
    Teaser 8
    Teaser 9
    Teaser 10

-----------------
    Updated January 12, 2019:

Pixel Dan reveals the location of Power-Con 2019: Anaheim, California! Find out details about the location and what it has to offer:

-----------------
    The first teaser for the 2019 Power-Con He-Man and She-Ra fan convention has been posted! More info to follow.

"Exact location to be announced soon!The new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power cartoon,the New Adventures of He-Man,and more will be celebrated in 2019! Block off the weekend of August 17 & 18 for what we're planning to be another fun-filled weekend!"

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    This is going to be awesome!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The first teaser for the 2019 Power-Con He-Man and She-Ra fan convention has been posted! More info to follow.

"Exact location to be announced soon!The new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power cartoon,the New Adventures of He-Man,and more will be celebrated in 2019! Block off the weekend of August 17 & 18 for what we're planning to be another fun-filled weekend!"
    What teaser Val?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Relay in there is an interesting choice. He'd make good exclusive. I see the top of the head of one of the kids in the special as well I think. I'm not sure if I'll go, but I definitely like the earlier August date as more schools will still have their summer break then.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    What teaser Val?
    I think the picture is the teaser.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    The picture and/or the mention of the new She-Ra and New Adventures of He-Man being celebrated.

Master of New Adventures!
    Geez, eight months to go and this guy is already on it?! Seriously, does everyone understand and appreciate all he does for the MOTU community and how blessed we are to have him? None of us would be here posting, were it not for Val. Merry Christmas to him...and to us all.

Hmm... some NA exclusives to help finally round out that collection?

I hope this means another batch of exclusive figures? The 2018 figures were fantastic!

I'm hoping for a Twiggets 3-pack
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I hope for something like that, too.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Given the teaser is all Filmation, I'm not expecting anything from Collector's Choice. When you take into account that 9 CC figures were the exclusives from 2016 and 2017, and the 4 this year that were all CG, I would expect another round of all Filmation next year.

Hope I'm wrong, though .

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Given the teaser is all Filmation, I'm not expecting anything from Collector's Choice. When you take into account that 9 CC figures were the exclusives from 2016 and 2017, and the 4 this year that were all CG, I would expect another round of all Filmation next year.

Hope I'm wrong, though .
    The teaser picture looks like a really quick shot, it's even seasonal with the nice Skeletor and Relay from the Christmas special. I don't think the Christmas special will be celebrated in August 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The picture and/or the mention of the new She-Ra and New Adventures of He-Man being celebrated.
    Correct and correct.
    But the image is not a teaser of what is going to be there for toys or anything like that. Instead, it is a very vague teaser for something I'm personally hoping for in regards to the show, but you'd have to dig deep to figure it out.

I'm also going to be direct with everyone about possible MOTUC CG / CC exclusives for 2019. Repaints are the only thing we can do. So if you want to guess possible, creative repaints, then please let the speculation begin!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Slamurai/Snake Troopers. Boom! [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Slamurai/Snake Troopers. Boom! [^D
    Agreed, but perhaps Anti Eternia Man-At-Arms and Anti Eternia Orko could be options as well dependent on access to the tooling from the factory that Mattel used.

Heroic Warrior
    Repaints are the only thing we can do. So if you want to guess possible, creative repaints, then please let the speculation begin!
    Iím guessing no two-packs or three-packs as well? Or are those back on the table

CC Disco Skeletor would sell really well
    CC Single-carded Snake Trooper?
    CC Single-carded Snake Man army builder? (But I wonder how old that mold is now)
    CC Pink Teela
    Slamurai with no unmasked head
    Anti-Eternia MAA or Orko
    CC Slime Pit He-Man

I donít really know about Filmation. I donít really feel like thereís repaints to do that make sense.

Repaints are the only thing we can do. So if you want to guess possible, creative repaints, then please let the speculation begin!
    Fingers crossed for any of the following:

Filmation-accurate colors for a CG Frosta Exclusive (in other words, white whites instead of crappy gray... and perhaps no translucent hair!)

Vac Metal CG Entrapta (with two tone colored hair like the classic toy)

Style Guide CG Catra (the closest we'll ever get to a Catra variant, since a Classic Toy Costume wouldn't apply due to the new sculpting needed... and it's doubtful Super7 is EVER going to produce one otherwise)

Classic Toy Colors CG Castaspella

Pink Mini-Comics CG Teela

Classic Toy Colors CG Man-E-Faces (with the eyes in his visor painted white instead of black)

200X Variant Colors CG Sy-Klone (could use the 200X Head Pak head for this one)

CG Black Grizzlor

...and... I never thought I'd say this:

CG Disco Skeletor

I can't think of any Club Filmation "repaints", as they only had one standardized look per character in the show.
    Last edited by zodak74; December 10, 2018 at 08:12pm.

I sure hope so!

Very excited it's coming back next year! Surprised the location may be somewhere other than Torrance, but I'm open to a change in venue. Bring it on!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    OoOoOoo!!!! I like guessing what the possible repaints would be! Would they be STRAIGHT repaints or could kit-bashing be involved?

My guesses:

Crystal Man-At-Arms (could be either CC or CG)
    Slamurai
    Snake Horde Trooper
    Leo Faker
    Pink Teela or Sorceress
    Orange Mini-Comics Roboto (REALLY hoping for this one)

**EDIT: Knock Slamurai off that list. I don't think he'd work as a straight repaint due to his breast plate.
    Last edited by abaddon; December 11, 2018 at 08:12am.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

If JE’s cartoon is to premiere at the show then I would say a Blue Faker would be a great repaint! Another possibility could be a CG Orko and proper Prince Adam. Not much tooling needed there as both exist. Orko would just require the same colourscheme as the other two Trollans and not be so muted.

YES!!! I will be there. Wherever "THERE" is.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    If JEís cartoon is to premiere at the show then I would say a Blue Faker would be a great repaint! Another possibility could be a CG Orko and proper Prince Adam. Not much tooling needed there as both exist. Orko would just require the same colourscheme as the other two Trollans and not be so muted.
    All great suggestions if they're CG releases! Although, apart from Blue Faker, I don't see see the other two being made as exclusives.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Storm (repaint Swift Wind)
    Clawdeen (paint Battle Lion the magenta/ pink colors he should have been painted)
    Pink CG Teela
    Crystal CG MAA
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Clawdeen (paint Battle Lion the magenta/ pink colors he should have been painted)
    Pink CG Teela
    Crystal CG MAA
    Clawdeen and Crystal MAA (either) would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Pink CG Teela
    Crystal CG MAA
    Blue Filmation Faker with Skeletor's orange Armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a pink Swift wind