Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2019 - August 17 & 18 in Anaheim, California - Attendee pre-sales are LIVE!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Here are the individual threads for them with the McCarthy cardback art:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...light=Slamurai
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=Snake+Trooper

Of all the figures announced yesterday, Slamurai is my favorite.
    Thanks so much! I appreciate you.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I am happy with those reveals.
    Good job Val, with only repaints you succeeded to make most of us pretty excited with them.
    Hope there will be more power cons figures next year, and not only POP figures.
    Thanks for this nice stuff
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Some questions regarding 12″ Starburst She-Ra: will she be manufactured by Super7 or by Mattel like her predecessor 12″ Adora / She-Ra release at SDCC in 2016? And will she include also a Minicomic which continues the story from the one with the 2016 She-Ra?

Otherwise: I'm all in for the MotUC figures - great selection!
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Absolutely great reveals. Slamurai and Snake Troopers are some of my most wanted figures so I'm so happy to be getting them and complete the lost 88 wave.
    I am disappointed Slamurai isn't getting a newly sculpted vest but I understand the reasons way. Personally I wont use the cloth vest, I'm not a fan of softgoods on figures period and it also don't fit with Ninjor or the rest of the line. So I'll just take it off and display him with the repainted Ninjor vest. Hopeful we can get a newly sculpted Slamurai vest as a pack-in with a future figure, but if not then I'm still really happy just to get him like this. I'm guessing the second head and belt is to make him look more Samurai like, but I'll probably not display him with those either.

The Troopers look great, if I had one nit pick it's I'm not keen on the colour of the weapon, I think it would look better in red like the vintage Horde Trooper weapon. It also would have been nice to get black Horde Trooper heads included as well.
    I believe the trooper legs on the original art was going to use the King Hiss legs. Just wonderer the reason for the change? Not that I'm complaining, I prefer the legs you're using. Just curious on the creative decision like you explained the reason behind changing Plamars armor from He-Ro's to Laser Lots.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Good choices for the exclusives. I like Slamurai more now that he comes with the 200X Sy-Klone head. The Snake Troopers are fairly cool, also the Slime pit He-Man is a great choice. I'll try to get them,but if I don't no big deal.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Some questions regarding 12″ Starburst She-Ra: will she be manufactured by Super7 or by Mattel like her predecessor 12″ Adora / She-Ra release at SDCC in 2016? And will she include also a Minicomic which continues the story from the one with the 2016 She-Ra?
    The 12" She-Ra is made at Mattel's factory. That's all I can say right now about that sort of thing with these figures. It's not my place to talk about Super7 and Mattel's plans, so I'll be ignoring any questions related to that sort of thing moving forward. Sorry gang. Hope you all understand.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Putting my request in now for repaints/part swaps/whatnots of: Frosta (she needs a frosty white makeover, no more dingey greys!), Castaspella (toy colors), Entrapta (vac metal!), Double Trouble (prototype colors), Sweet Bee (toy colors, and bring back those glow in the dark elements!), the crystal horses, Royal Swift Wind, Storm, and those pesky, thus-far-elusive classic toy variants of Catra and She-Ra! Not too tall an order, right? Thanks!
    LOL! No, not at tall order at all.

Remember that, at least for now, we have to look at just strict repaints / parts swapping for future Power-Con exclusives. But it can include soft goods.
    Also, new characters / unreleased variants are the focus. Not re-releases of prior MOTUC figures. So we won't be doing another Frostra, for example.

That's the current marching orders on future exclusives. So if you all want to get creative with suggestions for characters, I'm all ears! AND I appreciate the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I believe the trooper legs on the original art was going to use the King Hiss legs. Just wonderer the reason for the change?
    That wasn't my creative idea, but I agree with the choice. The figure does have the King Hsss legs. But instead of those plain boots, they opted to go with Hordak's shins/feet to jazz up the look and balance against the armor up top, and Hordak's plated feet work really well with Hsss' plated legs. I think it came out pretty cool. But then, that's just my opinion.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That wasn't my creative idea, but I agree with the choice. The figure does have the King Hsss legs. But instead of those plain boots, they opted to go with Hordak's shins/feet to jazz up the look and balance against the armor up top, and Hordak's plated feet work really well with Hsss' plated legs. I think it came out pretty cool. But then, that's just my opinion.
    Yeah I agree, great design choice IMO. Makes them look more SnakeMan like. The human feet work on King Hiss because his human form, but not some much on on other SnakeMan.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Val, if you have time, would it be possible to get a front page news story when BBTS and S.P.A.C.E. put up the preorder for the exclusives for non-attendees?

By the way, great exclusives choices! Thanks!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Val, if you have time, would it be possible to get a front page news story when BBTS and S.P.A.C.E. put up the preorder for the exclusives for non-attendees?
    That's a ways off. But I'm sure we'll post an update as Attendee pre-orders end and as the resale partners are about to begin, per the dates we already posted on the Power-Con site.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

That's a ways off. But I'm sure we'll post an update as Attendee pre-orders end and as the resale partners are about to begin, per the dates we already posted on the Power-Con site.
    Are there enough figures for everybody?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Are there enough figures for everybody?
    Please see earlier posts in this thread, as well as the news posted on the Power-Con website.

If you want pure repaint suggestions for future Power Con figs... FILMATION FAKER PLEASE!!!!

!!!@!@!@.jpg

When I first saw the post with the exclusives I was really excited for a minute because it looked like there was finally going to be a Classics Starburst She-ra, which I've been hoping for for years now. But then I read the article and found out it was the 12".

Heroic Warrior
    Val,
    Do you know if Mattel will be selling at the show or only displaying?

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Expounding upon my thoughts.

Slamurai – Amazing. I dig the blue eyes and weapons. I love the display options. The second Cy-klone head is a stroke of genius. The white cloth ninjor style armor is nice also and harkens back to how he would have been as a vintage figure. It also makes me wonder how his action feature would work. Some quick-change option perhaps? From Ninja to Samurai? I imagine his bio will tell that tale and explain his name. A very welcome addition for me, and I’ll be happy to display him with Plasmar and Strobo, completing the 88 heroes. Exciting times we live in!

Snake Troopers – I’m glad there is a bright green head, as that is how I saw them in my mind. I am also pleased that the axe is not the same color as Blast Attack’s. I am a bit disappointed, even surprised, that an alt black Horde Trooper head was not included. Very clever to use the Hordak boots. My compliments. I am also quite pleased that they come two in a pack. I had hoped they would either come two in a pack, or as single carded, so I could easily get at least two…speaking of which, lets hope they don’t sell out before they hit BBTS so I can actually get a set…….

Slime Pit He-man – It’s nice to get him. No sculpted slime obviously, but he’s a variant that we now know was in the original ‘road map’ to be included with the Slime Pit. (Where he likely would not have any original parts either.) Three alt heads are a welcome surprise though and helps to make up for the parts reuse. I wonder if this figure might have benefited from using Toxie’s arms? Though, I suspect Toxie’s arms are not ready for use at this time. In my personal head-cannon, this figure will be some residual imprint He-man left behind in the slime because he called upon the Power of Grayskull while in the Slime Pit, and a monster slime zombie was born as the result.

Starburst She-ra – I’m afraid this one is nothing but disappointing to me. For two hot seconds when I saw the thumbnail, I thought there was going to be a Starburst She-ra in the main Classics’ line. Alas, it will only appear (for now) in the 12” line which I have no interest in. Huzzah for the people who happy for it, of course, but I’ll keep holding out hope to see this figure in Classics!
    Last edited by davidlogan; February 20, 2019 at 01:27pm.
    "..."

I can't wait to read the bio for the Snake Troopers, because at the moment it's unknown as to whether their allegiance lies with King Hssss or Hordak. I don't know which shelf to make space on!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Remember that, at least for now, we have to look at just strict repaints / parts swapping for future Power-Con exclusives. But it can include soft goods.
    Also, new characters / unreleased variants are the focus. Not re-releases of prior MOTUC figures. So we won't be doing another Frostra, for example.

That's the current marching orders on future exclusives. So if you all want to get creative with suggestions for characters, I'm all ears! AND I appreciate the suggestions!
    Next year will surely be POP oriented given the anniversary, and perhaps 2021 will be more CG oriented, but if new characters are the focus aside from variants, 2 easy ones come to mind: Goldenrod and Reptilax.

Some concessions will have to be made where the latter is concerned based on the design, but these should definitely be under consideration as viable candidates for future Power Con Exclusives .

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Next year will surely be POP oriented given the anniversary, and perhaps 2021 will be more CG oriented, but if new characters are the focus aside from variants, 2 easy ones come to mind: Goldenrod and Reptilax.

Some concessions will have to be made where the latter is concerned based on the design, but these should definitely be under consideration as viable candidates for future Power Con Exclusives .
    Reptilax would be a dream come true for me! Any of those mini comics styled Snakemen! Yessssss!
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    If you want pure repaint suggestions for future Power Con figs... FILMATION FAKER PLEASE!!!!

!!!@!@!@.jpg
    I'd love a Faker version of She-Ra with this color scheme too.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Are the Powercon exclusives being made by Mattel or Super7 this year. I assumed they were being made by Super7, but someone told me they were being made by Mattel, which doesn't really make any sense.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Are the Powercon exclusives being made by Mattel or Super7 this year. I assumed they were being made by Super7, but someone told me they were being made by Mattel, which doesn't really make any sense.
    I believe Super7 is using the Mattel molds, so made by Super7 from molds by Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I believe Super7 is using the Mattel molds, so made by Super7 from molds by Mattel.
    That makes sense. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Is the Starburst She-Ra a Super7 product as well?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    That makes sense. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the Starburst She-Ra a Super7 product as well?
    I think Starbust She-Ra is a Mattel product.

Yes the 12" figures are by Mattel.

No surprise on these exclusives. Obvious bookends to the previous McCarthy 3 pack. Slime Pit He-Man is perfect as well, given the Slime Pit reveal.

Starburst She-Ra needs to be a MOTUC figure, too.

I still think perfect future exclusives would be Leo Faker, Tug-O-War, Songster and any of the POP horses.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,