Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Entrapta – Hero? Villain? Victim?

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Defiitely one of my favorite characters this go round! I don't see her as good or bad but that she has her interests and will find a home with those who appreciate them. I hope that renewed interest in her may spur on demand for her to be released in Club Grayskull. Her Filmation version was very different than what we got in Classics --- plus they could give us bendy hair ala Squeeze's arms!
    So basically you argue she does´t care for people as long as she gets what she wants.

Which makes me think.... that would make her the most evil person of all the characters there is. Self-centered and only interested in her own benefits.

Interesting.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    So basically you argue she does´t care for people as long as she gets what she wants.

Which makes me think.... that would make her the most evil person of all the characters there is. Self-centered and only interested in her own benefits.

Interesting.
    That's a glib interpretation of what Swifty said. She does seem to be "on the spectrum", given her focus on learning about First Ones' tech and how it works, and doesn't seem to have a vested interest in either the Rebellion or the Horde. To describe her as "doesn't care for people as long as she gets what she wants" and "self-centered and only interested in her own benefits" isn't accurate. It makes her sound malicious when she clearly isn't.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    That's a glib interpretation of what Swifty said. She does seem to be "on the spectrum", given her focus on learning about First Ones' tech and how it works, and doesn't seem to have a vested interest in either the Rebellion or the Horde. To describe her as "doesn't care for people as long as she gets what she wants" and "self-centered and only interested in her own benefits" isn't accurate. It makes her sound malicious when she clearly isn't.
    I didn´t say he said that. I said what he said made me think and i think that direction would be interesting. A lot darker than usual but it would makes sense since everyone seems to be nice right now.

Scorpia is actually nice and just a hugger.
    Catra is just angry with her love interest(Adora) and such an anger justifies a lot.
    Shadow Weaver is more or less addicted to the black Garrnet, maybe she is nice as well was in Love with Castaspella but she abandoned her. Leaving Shadow Weaver with nowhere to go.

I wouldn´t mind seeing Entrapta becoming the next supreme leader of the Horde. She would be effective. Look what she has done to the black Garnet at her first chance!!!!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Catra is just angry with her love interest(Adora) and such an anger justifies a lot.
    Couldn't Catra just be angry that her best friend left her behind for new friends?
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Couldn't Catra just be angry that her best friend left her behind for new friends?
    The whole ball Catra/tuxedo and Adora/dress thing – dancing and dipping – even tough they are enemies looks more look Catra is in love to me and than losing her best friend. Maybe i´m wrong....

Widget
    I can not believe people like new Entrapta, the old one is so beautiful and stylized

Quote Originally Posted by He-man´s groin View Post
    I can not believe people like new Entrapta, the old one is so beautiful and stylized
    Was never a fan of original Entraptra myself, but maybe that's because she never really got a moment to shine. Which is a shame because her bio would make her a pretty interesting nemesis to Angella. Sadly that job went to Hunga.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Widget
    I love when Entrapta is a villian

Entrapta is a villain . Good and evil is a choice .

Entrapta chose to leave the rebellion and join the horde just as Adora decided to abandon the horde and join the rebellion.
    Last edited by Lokus; May 6, 2019 at 07:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Entrapta is a villain . Good and evil is a choice .

Entrapta chose to leave the rebellion and join the horde just as Adora decided to abandon the horde and join the rebellion.
    That's so black and white. Entrapta is not evil, but she is possibly selfish.
    The others Princesses don't except her. She is a knowledge sponge and the Horde allows her to get as much as she desires. She doesn't care about the consequences, or at least they are not up there on her priorities. There are none of the simple - "I hate you, because you left me here" tropes. It's "Oh the Horde gives me access to so many things."
    Its not ok, but thats her character fault and the entire point.

I think, at this point, the only character who is definitely EVIL is Hordak.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Ummm....

Being selfish and not caring for consequences is your textbook definition of an Evil Villian

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Ummm....

Being selfish and not caring for consequences is your textbook definition of an Evil Villian
    To be fair, I think there is quite a big diference between Entrapta and the villains you are thinking of. They are perfectly aware of the consequences of their actions and don't care, while in Entrapta's case it's more that she's so tunnel visioned on her science, that she's oblivious to said consequences.

I disagree , this princess is super intelligent if not a genius . I don't believe she is oblivious or has tunnel vision .

She thought this over and decided her passions are more important and in alignment with the Evil Horde . Being left behind by accident upset her and helped cement her commitment .

She ra is not perfect in this version . This was one of her many mistakes that gnaw at her confidence .
    Abandoning Entrapta by accident and losing her to the Horde is a juicy little maguffin that make this story so much more complex and entertaining . To suggest Entrapta is an idiot savant kinda degrades the idea .

Oh yes and Entrapta has red eyes . Classic villain . XD

I wouldn't say she's an "idiot savant", but her behavour is definatly inline with people on autosim spectrum. Paticulaly her narrow interests and tendancy to tunnel vision on said interests. Trust me as some one who's on spectrum I know the signs

Entrapta didn't really put much thought into her defection, she started tinkering with stuff when she was still a prisoner and things just ended up rolling from their. When she interacted with Adora and friends this season she disn't treat them any diferently to when they were on the same side. I mean this is the same girl who walked into Hordak's lab and started messing around, while being completley oblivious to the fact that she had just ticked off a very dangarous war lord.

At some point I still expect her to confront the gang though “YOU left ME, not the other way around!”. But I’m sure she’ll turn back to the light side at some point.

I think Entrapta is a robot villain. I think that she will be revealed to be a machine by the end of the series.

You know what would make an interesting episode? If the Rebellion were to attempt to force Entrapta to leave the Fright Zone, despite her refusal to do so. She is a powerful ally for the Horde and a justification could be made that she doesn't actually know the trouble she's causing. Plus it would be an cool way for the Rebellion to get a proper introduction to Hordak himself.

Entrapta seems to be a textbook-case sociopath, to me (and a lot of you, knowingly or unknowingly, are describing her as such).

Whether or not that makes her a villain is up for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Entrapta seems to be a textbook-case sociopath, to me (and a lot of you, knowingly or unknowingly, are describing her as such).

Whether or not that makes her a villain is up for interpretation.
    She would be alot more manipulative if she was a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    She would be alot more manipulative if she was a sociopath.
    Not necessarily. Sociopath is basically just someone without empathy, I think. That would be an immoral sociopath (or a psychopath?)...I would call her an amoral sociopath.

She doesn't lack empathy, though, just an apparent understanding of cause and effect. When her robots ran amuck she understood that was a bad situation for her servants as well.

I think it's worth noting that sociopaths do not lack tha ability to understand or comprehend other peoples emotions. What they lack is the ability to care about, share in or apreciate those emotions.

Entrapta shows a big lack of social empathy (the former of the two things I mentioned), but that is not a sympton of sociopathy.

As annoying as she is, Entrapta is the smartest character on the show.

While all of the "good guys" and "bad guys" go back and forth - and nothing is ever accomplished on either side, Entrapta [knowingly] stays focused on what really matters: advancements in science and technology.

There are myriad problems with the way magic is used and handled on Etheria (as is quite apparent in Mara's history and the actions of the Sorcerer's Guild), so it doesn't matter which "side" she is on, Entrapta's real goal is to find a way to travel to these other worlds that Hordak has mentioned. Imagine what that would mean for the people of Etheria.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Totally Dyslexic
    I think Hordak will use Entraptas knowledge and talents as long as he needs her and than he will use Emily for a test or something and destroys her or damage her...and in that very moment Entrapta will see she made a mistake and at the very last second she helps the rebels by shutting down her tech-stuff and leaves the Horde. She will be accepted by the princesses and greeted with open arms since they are all the best of friends.

Maybe Emily or one of those robots will eventually become Monstroid.