Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Why He-Man Is "Not on the Table" for Netflix's 'She-Ra' Reboot"

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio79 View Post
    If the show is called She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, why would I expect he-man? I understand the story is one mythos and one is a spin-off but they’re not conjoined twins. Can’t one shine without the other.

It was like the 200X show. I know she-ra was planned eventually but he-man was nice to see having his own adventures — which he usually did more than she-ra. It seemed someone was always guest starring on the filmation show to remind us it belonged to the he-man universe.
    Well...the one series ended while the other one continued.

And since Adora and Adam are related it was nice seeing they still had a relationship.

Plus the only time we spend most of the time on Eternia again had been the christmas special and there the Great Rebellion visited Eternia reminding everyone Eternia isnīt the only place.

After Adam discovered Adora they are part of each others life and MOTUC proved that when He-Man and She-Ra went to Primus to safe it from the Horde.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I know. And I love it all. And loved it when I saw it. But I don’t need a rehash now.

I — for what it’s worth — am ok with this direction for now.
    I’m ok with he-man taking his time or getting his own series whenever.
    Love is to die.
    Love is to not die.
    Love is to dance.

I think it's pretty clear from the flashbacks we've seen in the series that Adora will eventually uncover the truth of her origins, as well as what Grayskull is and where it comes from - We've already seen the Portal to Eternia, heard her infant cry, seen Adora's POV from her nursery on Eternia, as well as the Horde crash landing on Etheria if I'm not mistaken. That said It doesn't necessarily mean she'll get to meet or visit her parents or brother - I'm thinking perhaps we might see her stepping through a portal to Eternia in the eventual series finale.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    I think it's pretty clear from the flashbacks we've seen in the series that Adora will eventually uncover the truth of her origins, as well as what Grayskull is and where it comes from - We've already seen the Portal to Eternia, heard her infant cry, seen Adora's POV from her nursery on Eternia, as well as the Horde crash landing on Etheria if I'm not mistaken. That said It doesn't necessarily mean she'll get to meet or visit her parents or brother - I'm thinking perhaps we might see her stepping through a portal to Eternia in the eventual series finale.
    Good points and i am expecting a similar finale! With a new voice calling her name and maybe this time itīs a male voice.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Widget

He-Man in New Netflix She-Ra: Thoughts

I actually liked the show more than I would've expected. But I agree with some of the guys here that it would take a lot of reimagining to get Adam and He-Man reintegrated into it. Which begs the question, are we ready for it? I think a lot of us would'nt want it, but we need to pass the torch of relevance to younger people too to keep the interest fueled and burning.

Heman is a hetro sexual white male . Thats why

This show is being used as a platform to push LGBTQ and SJW issues and awareness.
    Last edited by Lokus; January 13, 2019 at 04:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Heman is a hetro sexual white male . Thats why

This show is being used as a platform to push LGBTQ and SJW issues and awareness.
    Not another anti-LGBTQ and anti-SJW post. Haven't we had enough of those?
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Not another anti-LGBTQ and anti-SJW post. Haven't we had enough of those?
    seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    seriously.
    Yes seriously. What do people have against equality anyway?
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Widget
    yeah, why don't we put all the hetero guys in some kind of camp?

I mean, that can't and shouldn't exist

(?

I don't believe anyone should ever be put into any kind of camp, and don't even get me started on so-called (and barbaric) "conversion therapy" practices, I don't want to digress into Tar Swamp territory.

Widget
    I don't see people complaining against Queen angella.

sexuality does not make a good character, his or her skills and inteligence do

Why can't people be of a different sexual orientation and still have their intelligence and skills? They're not mutually exclusive.

Widget
    And I have nothing against this show. It made me see she ra as a remarkable character that stands on her own.

however, I see He-man being there as also an equal, not a superior to She Ra. People can have brothers and Adora deserves a good one. Let sibling love flow.

but knowing this show, he may just appear in a season finale and then go back to eternia, promising to one day come back to pick Adora.

Shera is the main character, but special guest and crossover episodes can also exist.

I did not see people complaining on superman the animated series featuring some batman episodes where superman was weak as hell and saved mostly by batman...

- - - Updated - - -

did not say that

mr simmons from "hey arnold" is an awesome character and a wonderful teacher that me as a teacher apprentice wishes to be half as good as he is teaching.

"Him" from the powerpuff girls gave the protagonists a run for their money.

my point is, that he man is hetero, is does not mean he automatically hates gay or have a "hate LGTB community" agenda

he is just an Hetero guy.

if you think He man would spread hate, you are not a truly MOTU fan.

"hey brother...I'm gay"

"All i care is that you are happy, my sister...would you give a hug to your brother?"
    Last edited by lukeMGH; January 14, 2019 at 12:43am.

Excuse me, I most certainly am a true MOTU/POP/NA fan and I am the last one who would advocate any type of bigotry or hate, He-Man & She-Ra would never spread hate. Your wording was confusing.

Widget
    Then why having someone as pure as heman being Hetero is a bad thing?
    if he were hetero...would that make him evil?

I never said anything of the sort! In my view, heterosexuals and homosexuals are equal. All I was trying to say was the world would be a better place if everyone in it were treated and loved as equals, racism, sexism, and homophobia have no place in the world.

At the end of Aquaman, Queen Atlanna (Nicole Kidman) stopped a war with compassion.
    It can happen, it must happen. It will happen. Gay people are just as pure as heterosexuals.

Widget
    Then we're are on the same tune

I personally think he man would be hetero, but i would not mind if it's otherwise.
    After all, the fight against evil and intolerance has nothing to do with sexuality.

At least we're starting to understand one another. Understanding is conducive to good and constructive discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Yes seriously. What do people have against equality anyway?

If the show is all about equality , then HeMan will make an appearance . Awesome .

I enjoyed the show and in some ways feel the story is better than original POP but I am not blind to the politics . This is supposed to be a kiddies cartoon . Let the kids enjoy their childhood and worry about politics and make up their own mind when they are adults .

There's a difference between showing equality and diversity and discussing politics. If people were taught from an early age to be compassionate to those who may be different from themselves and to not discriminate, the world would be a better place.

For God's sake people all the LGBTQ stuff you keep arguing about amounted to a pair of minor characters, who you wouldn't even know were gay without reading between the lines.

You're arguing over nothing.

If people would stop making those ludicrous posts, I wouldn't have to keep defending the rights of the LGBTQ community. POP is not a political show and it annoys me when people make it out to be. Why can't people just enjoy the show for what it is, heroes fighting villains in a fantasy setting.

Oh there is plenty of shows about heroes fighting villains in a fantasy setting . They actually have writers and producers who put those shows before their own personal beliefs and social views . SHE RA was an amazing icon and example of empowered femininity possibly even more so than Wonder Woman and that was spitefully stripped from her . It is okay to be both a successful and beautiful woman with an hourglass figure .

Things like this have consequences , for example NO SEASON 2 ? , NO TOYS ? . Probably already happened .

I have yet to see Netflix committing to a season 2 or Mattel producing anything . Congrats Mikey , you won

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Oh there is plenty of shows about heroes fighting villains in a fantasy setting . They actually have writers and producers who put those shows before their own personal beliefs and social views . SHE RA was an amazing icon and example of empowered femininity possibly even more so than Wonder Woman and that was spitefully stripped from her . It is okay to be both a successful and beautiful woman with an hourglass figure .

Things like this have consequences , for example NO SEASON 2 ? , NO TOYS ? . Probably already happened .

I have yet to see Netflix committing to a season 2 or Mattel producing anything . Congrats Mikey , you won
    52 episodes are already in production Lokus. All story telling informs the world, to a certain varying extent, of the creator's world view. Battlestar Galactica has mythology inspired and based-on the church of the Latter Day Saints as one example. The original Filmation He-Man varied fro already published source material because Lou wanted to push pro-social values. Noelle was hired by higher ups because of her perspective not in spite of it...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...