Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: "Why He-Man Is "Not on the Table" for Netflix's 'She-Ra' Reboot"

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    185
    Is there an official press release confirming a season 2 ?

  2. #102
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Is there an official press release confirming a season 2 ?
    They've officially stated there will be 50+ episodes
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Oh there is plenty of shows about heroes fighting villains in a fantasy setting . They actually have writers and producers who put those shows before their own personal beliefs and social views . SHE RA was an amazing icon and example of empowered femininity possibly even more so than Wonder Woman and that was spitefully stripped from her . It is okay to be both a successful and beautiful woman with an hourglass figure .

    Things like this have consequences , for example NO SEASON 2 ? , NO TOYS ? . Probably already happened .

    I have yet to see Netflix committing to a season 2 or Mattel producing anything . Congrats Mikey , you won
    Yeah they're really pushing their gay agenda with a pair of glorified extras (sarcasm).

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    185
    Wow that was a genius response. You totally nailed it bro (sarcasm) . News Flash. Guys like seeing 2 girls kissing on screen .

    If someone makes a " Whats , your beef with this show thread " , I might list some reasons but it will have nothing to do with a pair of minor characters who already had some sort of relationship in the 80,s . I think you are the only person thinking about Net and Spin , you keep using them as an example .

    Just because i like this show and would like see it continue , does not mean i have to like everything about it . I can fully enjoy this show regardless of whatever you think i am moaning about .
    Last edited by Lokus; January 16, 2019 at 03:00am.

  5. #105
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Wow that was a genius response. You totally nailed it bro (sarcasm) . News Flash. Guys like seeing 2 girls kissing on screen .

    If someone makes a " Whats , your beef with this show thread " , I might list some reasons but it will have nothing to do with a pair of minor characters who already had some sort of relationship in the 80,s . I think you are the only person thinking about Net and Spin , you keep using them as an example .

    Just because i like this show and would like see it continue , does not mean i have to like everything about it . I can fully enjoy this show regardless of whatever you think i am moaning about .
    My point is that people on both sides argue about the LGBTQ stuff as if it's some huge part of the show when in reality it's barely even a factor in the show.

  6. #106
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    My point is that people on both sides argue about the LGBTQ stuff as if it's some huge part of the show when in reality it's barely even a factor in the show.
    I know I'm happy with the new series, with or without the LGBTQ aspects.

    I have to ask though, without getting into Tar Swamp territory, why do people (and said "guys" especially) only like seeing two girls kissing on screen, a kiss between two people in love (a heterosexual or a homosexual couple) is beautiful regardless of who and what gender is doing the kissing.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  7. #107
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    6,210
    I do not need He-Man or Adam. However if/when (and they probably should eventually) get around to where Adora comes from, I can not see a way to do it satisfyingly if Eternia and her original family is not a part of it. If it is even so much as referenced, that is fine. But if they completely ignore the Eternia connection, (which they already have not), and/or ignore her origins, (which to date they are setting up what looks like an Eternian Origin to me with the flashbacks/baby kidnap) AND ignore what and where Grayskull is, (again, it's already shown to be at least something) I have a very hard time believing that.

    This does not neccessitate He-Man or Adam specifically appearing as a character. But if this show lasts, and if they explore her origins, they have to at least include him like how Supergirl includes Superman. He shows up, he is referenced, but the writers do a fantastic job of showing him as a supporting character and not overshadowing Supergirl.

    I expect, eventually, at least an explination of who she is and where she is from, if not actually exploring it.

  8. #108
    Heroic Warrior Cheshire Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I do not need He-Man or Adam. However if/when (and they probably should eventually) get around to where Adora comes from, I can not see a way to do it satisfyingly if Eternia and her original family is not a part of it. If it is even so much as referenced, that is fine. But if they completely ignore the Eternia connection, (which they already have not), and/or ignore her origins, (which to date they are setting up what looks like an Eternian Origin to me with the flashbacks/baby kidnap) AND ignore what and where Grayskull is, (again, it's already shown to be at least something) I have a very hard time believing that.

    This does not neccessitate He-Man or Adam specifically appearing as a character. But if this show lasts, and if they explore her origins, they have to at least include him like how Supergirl includes Superman. He shows up, he is referenced, but the writers do a fantastic job of showing him as a supporting character and not overshadowing Supergirl.

    I expect, eventually, at least an explination of who she is and where she is from, if not actually exploring it.
    I agree. I don't need He-Man to show up in the series - after all this show is about She-Ra; I'm happy for her to learn she has a family and where she's from. I think it'll be legitimately cool for Adora to realise that she is, in fact, a princess from birth
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,135
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post

    This does not neccessitate He-Man or Adam specifically appearing as a character. But if this show lasts, and if they explore her origins, they have to at least include him like how Supergirl includes Superman. He shows up, he is referenced, but the writers do a fantastic job of showing him as a supporting character and not overshadowing Supergirl.
    I expect, eventually, at least an explination of who she is and where she is from, if not actually exploring it.

    My thoughts exactly, its She-Ra's turn this time and age, but just a cameo or a reference to the Power of Grayskull / Hordak's rebel student would be very fun to incorporate into this peculiar animated universe and series. After all 200x completely ignored all of Etheria and the Rebellion part from the classic myth so it would make sense for Netflix's reboot do their own thing



    On a second thought, I know legally are two separate IPs but realistically how come She-Ra may have legs to stand on its own without an He-Man reference / without mentioning the fundamental relationship she has with her twin brother Adam for 4 seasons? plus The She-Ra would be just wasted to fight the Horde solely on Etheria, she's destined to fight them and more Evil across all parts of the Universe! heck! she's still the most powerful woman in the Universe or you confirm solely just in the one created by Stevenson & crew? any hint?



    I only hope it will succeed among new generations. Just that. If not we RIOT lol
    Last edited by Triklops 1; January 19, 2019 at 06:34pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •