Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new theory is that we've already seen Prince Adam on Etheria & I'm sticking to it!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

My new theory is that we've already seen Prince Adam on Etheria & I'm sticking to it!

Just came up with a fan theory that Kyle is secretly Prince Adam and regardless of whether Adora reaches Eternia or not, he'll never discover his true identity.
    Solves the why no He-Man dilemma. People that want him in the series can choose to believe it's Kyle, raised to never know his true identity, people that want no connection to He-Man can just go with the generally accepted belief, he's just a horde cadet.

In certain versions of the She-Ra mythos, she was raised as "Despara", why not have Prince Adam raised as "Kyle"?

Imagine the potential fan fiction?!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Totally Dyslexic
    For the sake of Marlena and Randor alone this theory better not be true.

Plus for me Adam is more of a natural alpha persona. Not an alpha male and their more commonly machoism but more of a natural leader. Both the twins seem to be born special and Kyle is sweet and everything but i don´t get Adam vibes from him at all.

Similar to Neville Longbottom and Harry Potter. Both of them could be the chosen one but in the end it´s the natural talented wizard who embraces his talents and lives life to the fullest. Sure Neville ends up a terrific wizard and shows he is a strong leader but in the end the more open person is the one who safes everyone.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Just came up with a fan theory that Kyle is secretly Prince Adam and regardless of whether Adora reaches Eternia or not, he'll never discover his true identity.
    Solves the why no He-Man dilemma. People that want him in the series can choose to believe it's Kyle, raised to never know his true identity, people that want no connection to He-Man can just go with the generally accepted belief, he's just a horde cadet.

In certain versions of the She-Ra mythos, she was raised as "Despara", why not have Prince Adam raised as "Kyle"?

Imagine the potential fan fiction?!
    If the Horde did not bother to change the name of Adora, why would they change the name of Adam? And why, if they are twins, does he appear significantly younger than Adora? There is absolutely no basis for this "theory" outside of baseless speculation.

Widget
    rebbeca sugar has nothing on this possible foresahdow techniqueRQ1D9qsr.jpg

Kyle is always drawn with light colored eyebrows and Adora is always drawn with dark/black eyebrows.

= not twins.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

Widget
    women can paint their eyebrown

also, in the first episode they are shown the same heigh

Quote Originally Posted by lukeMGH View Post
    women can paint their eyebrown

also, in the first episode they are shown the same heigh
    Why would they want to paint their eye brown? Why wouldn't they paint both eyes brown?

So you're saying Adora gets up every morning and applies a think coat of makeup to her eyebrows?

Widget
    As humerus as this is, no.

Widget
    *eyebrows

typo there.

Rewaching some episodes i also noticed some things:

*kyle was shown next to Adora during the training session. they looked the same heigh and the camera always showed them together in close ups.

*the orde is always composed of strong individuals who show no weakness. Why keep kyle there then?

*He is shown constanly bullied by the rest and kinda tired of it...so why keep him around?

I know many gonna say Kyle is the typical comedy relief incompetent soldier...but his personality does not add up to the evil guys. He even says himself he has had enough of it.

kyle is like the invisible pink elephant of the room...you know he does not fit...but you can not see why.

and lastly...this would be a more fitting prince adam to these modern times. If he were to become he man or have an alter ego...no one would truly see it...not even the ones who know
    Last edited by lukeMGH; January 8, 2019 at 07:51pm. Reason: typo really sucks

*eyebrows

typo there.

Rewaching some episodes i also noticed some things:

*kyle was shown next to Adora during the training session. they looked the same heigh and the camera always showed them together in close ups.

*the orde is always composed of strong individuals who show no weakness. Why keep kyle there then?

*He is shown constanly bullied by the rest and kinda tired of it...so why keep him around?

I know many gonna say Kyle is the typical comedy relief incompetent soldier...but his personality does not add up to the evil guys. He even says himself he has had enough of it.

kyle is like the invisible pink elephant of the room...you know he does not fit...but you can not see why.

and lastly...this would be a more fitting prince adam to these modern times. If he were to become he man or have an alter ego...no one would truly see it...not even the ones who know
    Don't worry about the typo I was just playing.

I suppose they would have to change his name if they meant to surprise us later on.

I can also agree that Kyle has some sort of future in the plot of the show but that could be anything.

That first episode where he's standing next to Adora, Rogelio is also beside them. From the angle, shown to be about the same height. But we know he's actually much taller. This show is prone to scaling issues as we've seen all types of disparities in height between characters.

Can you imagine the backlash that would come from He-Man fans though, if it was revealed the weakest and most incompetent character on the show, turned out to be "the most powerful man in the universe"?

But that might be exactly the intent of the writers.

Widget
    yeah

I really think part of the contract made the writers to have He-man. If you think this right, Mattel has tried for years to get a revamp on the He-man franchise.

Maybe, they are obligged to put He man in order to use MOTU characters.
    That is why Eternia and other items from he man's history were put there and not ommited. They exist.

And it would have made more sense to have kyle being adam. He is not good at being evil, that is why his incompetence.

and finally, i like the twist of She-ra being the one rescuing adam from the orde opposite to He-man having being the one who did it in the original.

yeah

I really think part of the contract made the writers to have He-man. If you think this right, Mattel has tried for years to get a revamp on the He-man franchise.

That is why Eternia and other items from he man's history were put there and not ommited. They exist.

And it would have made more sense to have kyle being adam. He is not good at being evil, that is why his incompetence.

and finally, i like the twist of She-ra being the one rescuing adam from the orde opposite to He-man having being the one who did it in the original.

yeah

A long time ago He-man "died" with the advent of New Adventures because it was so different from what fans wanted/expected. I think this would be a very poor way to bring He-man into current media.

I pretty much agree with APOE that this isn't going to be a thing.

Widget
    I don't know. All the things i mentioned makes me feel it would happend.

and by the way...wasn't kyle a made up name for bow in the original or something like that?

I think Kyle is actually going to eventually become "Kowl", through some kind of spell or sacrifice.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I think Kyle is actually going to eventually become "Kowl", through some kind of spell or sacrifice.
    Kowl already appeared as an easter egg as a pillow.

Something else to support my theory:

"Kyle" was the original name for Bow. The original bow could transform into his fighting self like He-man/She-ra.

So we have a kid, who looks like Adam, with the original name of someone who used to to transform into a powerful being.

: /

Kowl already appeared as an easter egg as a pillow.

Something else to support my theory:

"Kyle" was the original name for Bow. The original bow could transform into his fighting self like He-man/She-ra.

So we have a kid, who looks like Adam, with the original name of someone who used to to transform into a powerful being.

: /
    "Bow" was Kyle's nickname according to the MOTUC bio. He never transformed at all.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    There is absolutely no basis for this "theory" outside of baseless speculation.

Well durr..... Hence why I said "Just came up with". Nice attempt at your trademark rudeness however dearie
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Well durr..... Hence why I said "Just came up with". Nice attempt at your trademark rudeness however dearie
    You seem awfully perturbed by the criticism for someone who "just came up with" the idea, and is totally not invested in it, guys.

Widget
    dunno, the guy and i are speculating and we only hear unreasonable replies. That is really unpolite

do you work at dreamworks? cause if you don't, you can not say you know what is going to happend.

Well in all fairness there was no She RA in the 20xx version of MOTU .

I can see Kyle joining the rebellion but.....not HeMan . Adora is calling to the Honour of Greyskull.

I am pretty sure her Super Saiyin 3 Power Ranger morph would not work if there was no existing HeMan defending Castle Greyskull on Eternia .
    Last edited by Lokus; January 16, 2019 at 03:10pm.

dunno, the guy and i are speculating and we only hear unreasonable replies. That is really unpolite

do you work at dreamworks? cause if you don't, you can not say you know what is going to happend.
    No, the entire speculation is unreasonable. Hence, the replies stating as much. Furthermore, I do not work for DreamWorks, but I can guarantee with near 100% certainty that this particular theory is never, ever going to happen.

Widget
    He man was already designed as a test by one of the show's crew. https://m.imgur.com/gallery/uKmDcQE

He man was already designed as a test by one of the show's crew. https://m.imgur.com/gallery/uKmDcQE
    And the same artist also illustrated Adam, and it is not Kyle.

Widget
    they aren't gonna be that obvious if they wanna keep it a secret