Thread: He-Man for the new She-Ra Universe on Netflix

He-Man for the new She-Ra Universe on Netflix

Adding an action pose.

HEMAN_SHERA2018 PYRE 2.jpg

Totally Dyslexic
    Your design fits the redesign for the new cartoon.

It has the same simplicity and i really like the dark blue glow the weapons have.

But iīm not a big fan of the redesign choices of the show in general. That said you did a great job none the less and iīm sure your daughter enjoys the new show!

Thank you for sharing your work with us here on the .org
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Your design fits the redesign for the new cartoon.

It has the same simplicity and i really like the dark blue glow the weapons have.

But iīm not a big fan of the redesign choices of the show in general. That said you did a great job none the less and iīm sure your daughter enjoys the new show!

Thank you for sharing your work with us here on the .org
    LOL. Thanks Niki =) you are welcome to post your redesigns here too. Your skills have really improved over the years. I hated the show's art at first but the series was gripping. loved watching it with my daughter who didn't want to stop watching.

My take on Horde Prime.

SHERA2018 HORDE PRIME PYRE.jpg

Do you have a pic of He-Man and She-Ra together?
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    Do you have a pic of He-Man and She-Ra together?
    Hmm.. not yet!

Currently working on the sorceress..

In your style, a He-Man and She-Ra pic would be awesome. Just saying.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

The keeper of Grayskull

SHERA2018 Sorceress PYRE.jpg

Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Alien with The Power.

SHERA 2018 Zodak PYRE.jpg

The wayward daughter

SHERA2018 Evil-Lyn PYRE.jpg

These are pretty awesome. Please continue. :-D
    Love is to die.
    Love is to not die.
    Love is to dance.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    There's little about the He-Man redesign that would make me recognize it as He-Man. The Sorceress looks more like an updated design for Starburst She-Ra
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Widget
    I'm digging your style Pyre. I've always thought warriors should have actual armor.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    I wouldn't say it's in the style of the show. Almost all of the major characters in the show are perfectly recognizable in their redesign (I'm not talking about the supporting and minor characters like Spinerella, Frosta, Mermista, or even Madame Razz, I'm talking about Adora, She-Ra, Hordak, Shadow Weaver, Angella, Bow... the more radical changes were made to Catra and Glimmer, and still, Glimmer is rather recognizable because she keeps her color scheme, and Catra retains her trademark mask). Whereas there's basically nothing in your redesign that I can identify with classic He-Man, except vaguely for the (rather generic) chest cross (but it's not even in the classic color scheme).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I wouldn't say it's in the style of the show. Almost all of the major characters in the show are perfectly recognizable in their redesign (I'm not talking about the supporting and minor characters like Spinerella, Frosta, Mermista, or even Madame Razz, I'm talking about Adora, She-Ra, Hordak, Shadow Weaver, Angella, Bow... the more radical changes were made to Catra and Glimmer, and still, Glimmer is rather recognizable because she keeps her color scheme, and Catra retains her trademark mask). Whereas there's basically nothing in your redesign that I can identify with classic He-Man, except vaguely for the (rather generic) chest cross (but it's not even in the classic color scheme).
    I can say i didnīt recognized Glimmer when she first was shown with Bow and Adora.

If you would show Glimmer and Bow somewhere with out saying they are POP characters i would not have recognized them as Glimmer and Bow. Same goes for Shadow Weaver or Catra.

Shadow Weavers new design is cool but itīs so far from her original look as possible. She had no hair or face showing and now she has hair and is wearing a mask. Sure she still wears red but thatīs it. She isnīt even hovering up in the air but gliding across ground it seems...
    Catras looks more like a Thundercats knock off since that thing she is wearing on her forehead is more of a tiara than a mask. And they changed her hair color again from Black to blue to brown. Which is nonsense all together. Plus the cat ears and the two colored eyes. Not recognizable at all if you ask me.

And you may exclude the others but i donīt:

Castaspella looks nothing like her original at all - why? What was wrong with her look that the only thing similar is the name...?!?!

Seahawk looks like village guy No 4....why?

So i wouldnīt say the new show makers stayed very close to the source material themselves. So if they are allowed to take all these weird liberties i think fan art has the similar rights
    Last edited by Niki; February 3, 2019 at 02:39pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither