Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternos Palace playset support thread

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Eternos Palace playset support thread

I thought a support thread for the Eternos Palace already existed, but I couldn't find one.
    I've wanted the Eternos Palace as a playset ever since I was a child. I even made one of my infamous calls to Mattel about it. I think they thought I meant "Eternia" because the CS rep seemed surprised and replied, "Uh.. yes. But how did you know that?" when I asked about "the Eternia palace." lol.

Anyway, a couple months back Stuart Taylor Cameron aka Catra's Wrath from MattyCollector took my challenge and did this awesome mockup of a Filmation-inspired Palace as it might look in Classics. :O I so want this!! Indeed, I want to LIVE in this!!

After Snake Mountain, I'd like to see playsets released in this order:

Eternos Palace
    Crystal Castle
    Fright Zone
    Slime Pit
    Eternia towers
    Whispering Woods
    Starship Eternia
    Snake Lair
    Castle Brightmoon

Yes, I know these will probably never happen except for Snake Mountain, but a gal can dream, right?

So which playsets would YOU buy in Classics??? Would you want Eternos Palace?

PS - Can't WAIT for Snake Mountain!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 30, 2018 at 04:07pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

The strangest thing! I was obsessing over these images on Pinterest earlier today, thinking how amazing this would be to own - and now I find them here! This mock-up has everything it should, even Orko's room! This is something I would love to see happen!

My wishlist of playsets:

• Fright Zone
    • Eternos Palace
    • Crystal Castle
    • Three Towers
    • Whispering Woods
    • Horror Hall
    • Darksmoke
    • Slime Pit
    • Starship Eternia

I was thinking of grabbing the new DC Primal Age Batman Castle to stand in as Horror Hall. I think with a few additions it could play the part, well.
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnataur View Post
    The strangest thing! I was obsessing over these images on Pinterest earlier today, thinking how amazing this would be to own - and now I find them here! This mock-up has everything it should, even Orko's room! This is something I would love to see happen!

My wishlist of playsets:

• Fright Zone
    • Eternos Palace
    • Crystal Castle
    • Three Towers
    • Whispering Woods
    • Horror Hall
    • Darksmoke
    • Slime Pit
    • Starship Eternia

I was thinking of grabbing the new DC Primal Age Batman Castle to stand in as Horror Hall. I think with a few additions it could play the part, well.
    That's an AWESOME list!!!
    And very cool idea to use the DC Primal Age Batman Castle as Horror Hall!!!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I would love something like this, even if it was just one-sided (in other words, without an "interior"). In a dream world, yes- this whole thing would be great to have (especially if it came with an exclusive, proper Classics Queen Marlena (overall better paint job from the neck up, maybe sculpting her outfit so that it's permanent and not swappable like the SDCC version)).
    I love all the little touches and easter eggs thrown into this design.

As for playsets overall, I'd love to see (in order):

Snake Mountain
    The Slime Pit
    Crystal Castle
    Fright Zone
    Eternos Palace is actually at the bottom.

Also, a new house in which to put it all in, ha ha!

Love all the stuff Stuart has done great mock as always. I’ll take it

Oh wow, that is freakin gorgeous!! Amazing concept by STC.

Thanks for sharing Danielle

Now THAT I would buy!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! Infinity yes!

This design is so awesome and would excite me to no end! Include that Chef Allen and Road Ripper vehicle and it would be perfect (but also RIDICULOUSLY expensive)!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    YES! My most wanted playset after Snake Mountain! The mockup looks great! The dome could be a bit bigger for my taste, but I love Orko's room, Man at Arm's lab and the fact that there is space for a few jet sleds. Man I need storage space for my jet sleds, I just have too many... And yeah, finally a place for the palace guards!

Awesome playset, I would be all in!

This is near the top of my want list for playsets:
    -Snake Mountain (like we've seen)
    -Fright Zone (vintage mixed with Filmation)
    -Eternos Palace

As its unlikely something like the above mockup would ever be tooled, I'd be very happy with a group of 2D backgrounds printed on heavy stock. Essential backgrounds would have to: the throne room, Man-At-Arms lab and a courtyard.

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force

Totally Dyslexic
    I support that playset.

I always wanted an Eternos playset. The dome and the gate with the eagle entrance. I always loved that view in the cartoon.

I could live without the kitchen as i donīt think itīs an important part of the palace. I would wish to have more of the outside area which was way more prominent in the show or maybe some kind of dungeon...but that wasnīt that important either to be fair
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Yes please, this mock up looks amazing.
    Does Galactus fart?

I would love the Eternos Palace. I always wanted this as a child as well as an adult. It would be an awesome addition to the collection.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I would love the Eternos Palace. I always wanted this as a child as well as an adult. It would be an awesome addition to the collection.
    That really looks impressive. I was thinking as a bonus they should include the Road Ripper. I do agree I don’t see this playset seeing the light of day sadly. I love the landing pad for the Wind raider as well as the parking area for the jet sleds.

First time I have seen those images. I am in LOVE!

That is an awesome playset design. It is huge! Impressed with the idea of making extra sized platform levels for display purposes. The fold-up element of past playsets has limited the space needed for displaying and posing figures on platforms and I like how this design breaks from convention.

After Snake Mountain, this is now my next most wanted playset.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I think they can do without the kitchen though. Could be an armory or something.

Heroic Warrior
    Love this idea and design, but it would still take last place after anything previously produced, like (1) Snake Mountain, (2) Horde Lair, (3) Crystal Castle, (4) Eternia. Even a New Adventures playset.

The cost for this playset, especially as depicted, looks like it would be more than Snake Mountain.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    As I said when he posted this on FB, I absolutely LOVE this mock up! While I am very excited to get Snake Mountain when it comes out, I would actually want this more! I would also love to get something akin to his mock up of the Fright Zone.

I never had the actual Eternia playset from the original MOTU line as a kid, but I do remember seeing images of it and being confused on that representing "Eternia" as a whole (as I interpreted the name to mean at the time). To me, if there was going to be an "Eternia" playset, it would have been something more akin to this. While this is, of course, Eternos Palace and not the entire planet of Eternia, this to me still would have made more sense under that name.

Yes, that is an AMAZING mock-up, and Chef Allen better be included!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I always imagined Central Tower of Eternia playset as the palace of Eternos.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I would buy it that is amazing !!!
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    It's quite a nice design, but for me the palace should be the rustic mediaeval castle from the DC minicomics and comics.

Fright Zone and Slime Pit are more important to me.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I always used to want those particular Palace Guards from the Point Dread storybook, which I think featured that sort of medievalish Royal Palace.

Snappy Threader
    I’m back and I fully support this!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Wow! Eternos Palace has been my most wanted playset since the old days.

Curiously, when I was a child I used to think mistakenly that the whole of Eternos City on top of Eternos Mount was the palace, until much later I realized that the palace was actually only the round building on top of the highest peak of the Eternos massif. Which is why, nowadays, it would have never occurred to me that an Eternos Palace playset in MotUC could actually contemplate trying to portray the whole whopping Eternos City (or the whole of the city that lies on top of the mount at least, as in my fanon that's just the "old" part of the city, with newer parts sprawling over the surrounding plains).

OTOH, while a playset that, from one side, looks somewhat like the whole city is certainly cool, it too definitely looks quite out of scale (more out of scale than Snake Mountain and much more out of scale than Grayskull). So I'm a bit ambivalent as to whether I would prefer this approach over a playset of just the palace. Also, the radially symmetric shape of the palace itself lends itself easily to modularization, so that they might just need to tool one quarter (or even just one eighth) of the palace and sell it as a modular build-a-palace structure with furniture add-ons, which would allow it to better fit the different space requirements/constraints of different collectors (so one could have just a quarter of it set against a corner of a small display, or have a bigger display of three quarters, the missing quarter allowing one to see the interior, etc.). With the lesser amount of tooling required for the main palace structure using this modularized approach, it might be possible to tool additional add-on elements, such as a (possibly stackable) mount base, a few city spires (or ideally some spire elements that can be mix-and-match combined into as many spires as one needs), the iconic bridge entrance, or the atom/Atomium-like thing (a "Monument to Knowledge and Science" on Eternos's Science Square, in my fanon, a prominent central square of the city and busy hub of its metropolitan transport system).

As for the rooms and interior, I think the most iconic ones are: the Royal Throne Hall, Orko's Bedroom, Man-at-Arms' Lab (plus the adjacent "garage"), the Royal Gardens, and the Royal Dining Room. Those seem to be the most frequently portrayed places in the cartoon. Yeah, Chef Allen's kitchen might be cool, too (mostly because of Chef Allen), as well as some other bedroom (possibly Marlena's, as seen during the kidnapping sequence), Melaktha's office, and possibly the Museum (seen in the episode of the Rainbow Explorer).

All in all, I think the most iconic elements that I'd like to see in an Eternos Palace/City playset would be: the Royal Palace round structure with at least the Royal Throne Hall and Orko's Bedroom somewhere inside (ideally with also another room, like the dining room); at least some part of the adjacent Royal Gardens (with part of the enclosing walls and the iconic outdoor table); a mount base whose inside would double as the palace's basement containing Man-at-Arm's Lab and "garage" (and possibly Chef Allen's kitchen); and, in order to give some idea of the surrounding city, some add-on buildable spires, the iconic entrance bridge, and the "atom" monument.

So the proposed mock-up model contains many of these elements, but I would try to engineer them as more of a modular, "buildable" playset (ā la Playmobil playset), rather than as a monolithic clamshell design. Or, if a clamshell design is chosen, I would rearrange the interior side placing MAA's Lab on the right where Chef Allen is, place the Throne Hall to its left and Orko's bedroom above it, and placing a bigger, more proper Royal Garden where Orko's bedroom is in the mockup. Or, I don't know, maybe since Grayskull is three-storeys tall it would be feasible to keep the Throne Hall where it's now in the mockup and just place Orko's bedroom on top (in a kind of dormer under the dome part), and place the Dining Room to the right of the Throne Hall, and have the Royal Gardens be where the Sky Sled "parking lot" is. I think it would be worth it to explore all the different possible interior configurations in order to find the one that both somehow makes "more sense" in terms of spatial relationships and relation to the exterior part, and also allows for as many different iconic rooms to be represented as possible.

In any case, I really hope we eventually get to see a full Eternos City playset in the Megaconstrux line. As much as I'd like to see it make it into the MotUC line, the chances of that are almost non-existent, since many/most collector's would prioritize the classiciziation of vintage-released playsets, of which there are still too many to ever get released, over the release of a location that never had a playset in the vintage times. Anyway, one can dream, and my dream release schedule would be:

Castle Grayskull
    Snake Mountain
    Crystal Castle (Filmation/toy merge)
    Fright Zone (Filmation's)
    Three Towers of Eternia
    Eternos Palace/City
    Whispering Woods (build-a-forest diorama pieces)
    Castle Brightmoon
    Nordor
    Onnor
    Starship Eternia
    Fright Cave (vintage toy Fright Zone)
    Slime Pit
    Hall of Wisdom
    Mystic Mountains (with Avion on top and Andreenos inside the mountain bottom)
    ...and many others.

Or grouped by "general location":

ETERNIA DISPLAY: essential: Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Eternos Palace/City - additional: Mystic Mountains, House of Shokoti, Darksmoke, Tundaria (with Gwildor's home), Temple of the Sun, Aquatica, Arcadia, Targa, Tahryn
    ETHERIA DISPLAY: essential: Crystal Castle, Fright Zone, Castle Brightmoon, Whispering Woods (build-a-forest diorama pieces) - additional: Crystal Falls (Crystal Castle "mountain base" add-on), Beast Island, Mystacor, Laughing Swan Inn, Castle Chill, Salineas, Dryl
    PRETERNIA DISPLAY: essential: Three Towers, Hall of Wisdom, Fright Cave, Slime Pit - additional: Anwat Gar, Lady Slither's Lair
    TRI-SOLAR DISPLAY: essential: Nordor, Onnor, Starship Eternia - additional: Sebrian's House, Denebria (Gorn City + Quagmi Swamp diorama pieces), Galactic City, Necron, Levitan, Monster Arena
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 15, 2019 at 05:39pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog