Thread: Mad Duck Posters: The Birth Of Skeletor by Artist Sam Gilbey

Mad Duck Posters: The Birth Of Skeletor by Artist Sam Gilbey

Mad Duck Posters kicks off the year with the "The Birth Of Skeletor" by Sam Gilbey! The artist did an amazing job bringing all of the core elements of Skeletor's birth into one mesmerizing artwork!

Edition Details:
    Regular - 18x24, Fine Art Giclée, Numbered Run of 250, $55

Variant - 18x24, Fine Art Giclée, Numbered Run of 175, $65

Edition sizes are worldwide, and posters are never reprinted! Posters are officially licensed by Mattel.

The Artwork goes on sale tomorrow, Friday, January 4th at 12PM ET, HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by KingHiss View Post
    Mad Duck Posters kicks off the year with the "The Birth Of Skeletor" by Sam Gilbey! The artist did an amazing job bringing all of the core elements of Skeletor's birth into one mesmerizing artwork!

Edition Details:
    Regular - 18x24, Fine Art Giclée, Numbered Run of 250, $55

Variant - 18x24, Fine Art Giclée, Numbered Run of 175, $65

Edition sizes are worldwide, and posters are never reprinted! Posters are officially licensed by Mattel.

The Artwork goes on sale tomorrow, Friday, January 4th at 12PM ET, HERE!
    I'm sorry but this is just terrible. What is wrong with 80's sitcom grandpa Skeletor's face? I don't want to be rude but there has just been something terribly wrong with the art in these perfectly exemplified by this piece. Clearly the artist has some skill but there is a generic touch of hitting the right notes but only in the most obvious rank commercial sense with nothing passionate or to say. It feels like they have a technically skilled draftsmen strategically constructing these for an uninspired cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I'm sorry but this is just terrible. What is wrong with 80's sitcom grandpa Skeletor's face? I don't want to be rude but there has just been something terribly wrong with the art in these perfectly exemplified by this piece. Clearly the artist has some skill but there is a generic touch of hitting the right notes but only in the most obvious rank commercial sense with nothing passionate or to say. It feels like they have a technically skilled draftsmen strategically constructing these for an uninspired cash grab.
    Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to lol.

A lot of these Mad Duck releases just aren't very good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was expecting a hospital scene with an Eternian midwife and a magic epidural.