Thread: Batwoman Getting Her Own Series

Batwoman Getting Her Own Series

Hey Guys

I'm a huge fan of the current crop of DC Comics live action series, especially Supergirl, Legends Of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, Arrow, and The Flash, and to a very slightly lesser extent Gotham and Constantine (which only had a half-season), and I've been loving the yearly crossovers, and since her debut in this universe's current crossover, Kate Kane/Batwoman (played by Ruby Rose) will officially be getting her own solo series!

Batwoman.jpg

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/bat...ot-1203098528/

*The CW has given a pilot order to a new spin on Batwoman starring “Orange Is the New Black” alum Ruby Rose.

“Batwoman” is shepherded by DC TV overlord Greg Berlanti for Warner Bros. TV and was penned by “Vampire Diaries” alum Caroline Dries. David Nutter, one of the industry’s most sought-after pilot helmers, is set to direct. Berlanti, Dries, Nutter, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns are exec producers.

The latest iteration of Batwoman, aka Kate Kane, is described as an out lesbian and highly trained fighter who has no trouble speaking her mind. She’s pressed into service as a crime-fighter as mayhem overruns Gotham, although Kane has to “overcome her own demons” before she can save the city, per CW.

Rose made her debut as Batwoman/Kate Kane in last month’s DC Crossover episodes that linked three segs of CW’s “Supergirl,” “Flash” and “Arrow.” Those episodes were a kind of trial balloon for the character. Dries penned the story for the troika of episodes dubbed “Elseworlds.”*

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

This could be good, especially since the show Gotham is ending to have another TV show set in Gotham City. But I think it would then be time for the show Arrow to end, as there are far too many superhero shows on TV. I can't keep up!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I gave up on all of the comic shows currently on, so I will be skipping this one. I am alarmed by how skinny this girl is. I only know her from Resident Evil, but man she looked skeletal. I hope she can pull off the cowl.

I am not sure if that is an official picture (above), but I think it looks terrible. I have seen cos players that are more convincing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    This could be good, especially since the show Gotham is ending to have another TV show set in Gotham City. But I think it would then be time for the show Arrow to end, as there are far too many superhero shows on TV. I can't keep up!
    Arrow jumped the shark several seasons back, but when they killed off the team and brought in the lame sauce JV team I had to stop watching. The writing and acting just really tanked at that point.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I gave up on all of the comic shows currently on, so I will be skipping this one. I am alarmed by how skinny this girl is. I only know her from Resident Evil, but man she looked skeletal. I hope she can pull off the cowl.

I am not sure if that is an official picture (above), but I think it looks terrible. I have seen cos players that are more convincing.

- - - Updated - - -

Arrow jumped the shark several seasons back, but when they killed off the team and brought in the lame sauce JV team I had to stop watching. The writing and acting just really tanked at that point.
    I agree that Arrow's seasons 3-5 were pretty bad, but I stuck through them. Season 6 was better and now season 7 is actually quite amazing. There first 6 or 7 episodes of this season when Ollie was in prison were the best part of the show, if not entire series to date. But I think's it best to end it on a high note as opposed letting it drift into mediocrity like what happened with Smallville.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I agree that Arrow's seasons 3-5 were pretty bad, but I stuck through them. Season 6 was better and now season 7 is actually quite amazing. There first 6 or 7 episodes of this season when Ollie was in prison were the best part of the show, if not entire series to date. But I think's it best to end it on a high note as opposed letting it drift into mediocrity like what happened with Smallville.
    Yeah I loved Smallville, but it got a little painful to watch. Especially Super Lana!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I have to disagree, none of the DC shows ever "jumped the shark" and the stories, characters, and performances are still brilliant. I could never give up on these shows. Even when certain episodes of Gotham freaked me out, I just watch the good episodes with no gory parts. I think Batwoman looks amazing, I can't wait to see her!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I have to disagree, none of the DC shows ever "jumped the shark" and the stories, characters, and performances are still brilliant. I could never give up on these shows. Even when certain episodes of Gotham freaked me out, I just watch the good episodes with no gory parts. I think Batwoman looks amazing, I can't wait to see her!
    I'd go so far as to say in this genre... it's IMPOSSIBLE to 'Jump the Shark'. Supergirl could start dating a centaur turned into a horse... and it'd still be source accurate

Comics... are just WEIRD. it's hard baked into the formula. Whatever is the most implausible, silly thing you can imagine... it's already been done.

I saw a few minutes of Batwoman when she appeared on one of the CW shows, and except for the hair, she was almost indistinguishable from Batman. It felt like Batman in drag but still acting like Batman.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm on board with this.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."