Thread: Power-Con 2018 - The Minicomics of Masters of the Universe Classics Panel

Power-Con 2018 - The Minicomics of Masters of the Universe Classics Panel

Minicomics are a fan-favorite element of the vintage He-Man and She-Ra toys. And MOTU Classics was able to bring back a short series of minicomics that embodied the fun of those original pack-ins. Come learn about their creation.
    Featuring: Wellinton Alves, Axel Gimenez, Scott Neitlich, Tim Seeley
    Moderator: Danielle Gelehrter
    Video editing: Daniel Benedict

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Great panel! Thoroughly enjoyed this. The Minicomics have always been a favourite source of MOTU artwork, story lines and unique characters for me. Would love to see more someday!
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!

yep! I like quite a lot all of the mini comics released under the golden age of MOTUC (snake mountain included)
    wished there could have been more in general plus same comics released with more characters just like in the 80s would have been awesome!
    need to find the time to watch this as soon as I can
    Last edited by Triklops 1; January 6, 2019 at 07:25pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Bringing the mini comics is such a huge thing cause it allows for the story of motuc to continue, and is the best way to introduce the new characters, moving the brand forward as scott said. With that being said I hope the mini comics continue to allow for some of these stories,set both in the future and past, so we get a better feel to these new characters introduced in the mythos get some FaceTime .

I wasn't always a fan of the storylines and ideas presented, but again this was a nice behind-the-scenes look at things- which I always find interesting. I think the team cranking out the current crop of Classics bios is doing a great job of smoothing over some of the rough spots that were introduced in the Classics era... and IF there were to be a new batch of mini-comics at some point included with Super7 figures I think they'd be great candidates for writing them (I don't want to say that the writing or stories were bad per se, it's just that the writing and ideas in the newer bios seem to fall more in line with what I like about MOTU and feel more organic to me and are something I'd like to see presented in a mini-comic format).

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think the team cranking out the current crop of Classics bios is doing a great job of smoothing over some of the rough spots that were introduced in the Classics era... and IF there were to be a new batch of mini-comics at some point included with Super7 figures I think they'd be great candidates for writing them (I don't want to say that the writing or stories were bad per se, it's just that the writing and ideas in the newer bios seem to fall more in line with what I like about MOTU and feel more organic to me and are something I'd like to see presented in a mini-comic format).
    I couldn't agree with you more! The current bio writers are doing an outstanding job, and would definitely be my first choice to write any new MOTUC literature!
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!