Thread: Power-Con 2018 - Designing Masters of the Universe Classics Panel

Power-Con 2018 - Designing Masters of the Universe Classics Panel

For ten years, the Masters of the Universe Classics line has captured the love of fans across the world. Find out what goes into creating a seven-inch articulated version of your favorite characters and how they decide on the look of the figure and package.
    Featuring: Four Horsemen, Katherine Benecke, Terry Higuchi, Ruben Martinez, Brandon Sopinsky
    Moderator: "Pixel Dan" Eardley
    Video editing: Daniel Benedict

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    For ten years, the Masters of the Universe Classics line has captured the love of fans across the world. Find out what goes into creating a seven-inch articulated version of your favorite characters and how they decide on the look of the figure and package.
    Featuring: Four Horsemen, Katherine Benecke, Terry Higuchi, Ruben Martinez, Brandon Sopinsky
    Moderator: "Pixel Dan" Eardley
    Video editing: Daniel Benedict

https://youtu.be/eT0T2Dl9RJo
    Thanks Val! These vids are getting better and better! Very informative!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I am loving these uploaded videos!

Probably the best one yet!

Really great! Love these.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for putting these up! Not being able to attend Powercon it is great to still get to see some of these panels.

Very happy to see these being posted! Can see some of the things I missed and it's wonderful for those who couldn't attend to be able to enjoy them.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Someone asked me via Facebook PM why there's so few people in the audience for the panels.

People who were at Power-Con already know, but the camera only shows you the very front of the audience seating and only one side of the room. Also, the front row is the Power Pass row, so those seats are reserved and not always occupied even when the rest of the room was sometimes near capacity.

The panel room could seat around 400 people, and had a lot of people seated throughout the entire room for panels like this one. Heck, for James Eatock's panel, it was standing-room-only.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Someone asked me via Facebook PM why there's so few people in the audience for the panels.

People who were at Power-Con already know, but the camera only shows you the very front of the audience seating and only one side of the room. Also, the front row is the Power Pass row, so those seats are reserved and not always occupied even when the rest of the room was sometimes near capacity.

The panel room could seat around 400 people, and had a lot of people seated throughout the entire room for panels like this one. Heck, for James Eatock's panel, it was standing-room-only.
    I wonder if that was the same guy from the Sideshow Freaks board? lol

He posted the video yesterday and lamented about the audience members viewable and stated if MOTU was "dead".

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    I wonder if that was the same guy from the Sideshow Freaks board? lol

He posted the video yesterday and lamented about the audience members viewable and stated if MOTU was "dead".
    I'm not sure. I know the person who asked me, and I don't know if they post there or not.

The camera only gave us a slice of the audience because it was setup to focus on the mic stand for users who come up to ask questions. So I can understand why someone might feel that way looking at the video, as they had no frame of reference unless they had been at the show.

At least they are concerned! It's good that fans don't want our fan base to shrink or to be smaller than originally thought.

I'm not sure. I know the person who asked me, and I don't know if they post there or not.

The camera only gave us a slice of the audience because it was setup to focus on the mic stand for users who come up to ask questions. So I can understand why someone might feel that way looking at the video, as they had no frame of reference unless they had been at the show.

At least they are concerned! It's good that fans don't want our fan base to shrink or to be smaller than originally thought.
    I should think that having to move this year's convention to a larger venue would dissuade anyone of that notion. The line last year on Saturday morning to get onto the convention floor literally went outside the building. That was a first, from my experiences!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I should think that having to move this year's convention to a larger venue would dissuade anyone of that notion. The line last year on Saturday morning to get onto the convention floor literally went outside the building. That was a first, from my experiences!
    Another thing to keep in mind, this was the first panel of the convention, which was also when all the exclusive Reaction figures went on sale at the Super7 booth, as well as when the sales floor in general first opened up. The line for Super7 was crazy long, and took me over an hour to get through it, and I was in the middle of the line.

I would have loved to have gone to this panel, but I wanted the exclusives more, so I sacrificed going to this panel, as I am sure many others in the line did as well. I'm glad it was recorded so I could enjoy it now.

Overall I would say that the panels in 2018 had greater attendance than in 2017.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor