View Poll Results: Kittrina: Club Grayskull or Collector's Choice first?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm glad she's being released in Club Grayskull.

21 29.58%
  • I would have preferred her in Collector's Choice.

50 70.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kittrina: Should she have been released in CC or CG first?

Kittrina: Should she have been released in CC or CG first?

It's a simple question: Are you glad that Kittrina is being released in Club Grayskull, with its simplified design style, or would you have preferred that she be released first in Collector's Choice with it's more detailed aesthetic (the way the likes of Icer, Batros, and Vultak have been treated in the past)?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Totally Dyslexic
    Kittrina should have been made in Collectors Choice first but unlike Hawke or Dylamug sculpted to match figures like Chief Carnivus with a furry body like all the other furred characters.

Once part of MOTUC she could have ben made simplified again as she looks now to fit the FILMATION aesthetics as a variant similar to Shadoweaver.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I honestly have no preference if she's Filmation or Classics first. I just want the character and finally she will be part of my collection. At this point, any new character that is given to us is a blessing as far as I'm concerned.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Definitely would have preferred Kittrina released as Collectors Choice first ... but at this stage I am just happy to know she is coming.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I get that she should have been in collectors choice first, but that's how Mattel handled it with the initial wave with their Club Grayskull subscription. Super7 doesn't have to follow this as it was never really a rule.

Kittrina did have the smooth look in the Filmation Cartoon and i'm just happy shes being made at all. The Horsemen & super7 have reasons for the choices they make, and lets not forget Mattel has to sign off on all this too so if all three parties are in agreement on a characters look and what line they show up in we just have to accept it because it's out of our hands.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I'm not as deflated as some collectors on this issue, but I do prefer Classics. I viewed Club Grayskull as a finite line where we would just get variants of the main characters. I have no desire to duplicate my collection in Filmation and it's not fun to have characters exist in this new line that won't exist in Classics.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

I would have preferred that she was released in CC with a more detailed aesthetic.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I usually prefer CC 1st...but for this character Grayskull is fine...for me..
    GIMME TOYS!-

She looks just fine to me and a welcome addition. She didn't have any fur detail in the cartoon anyways.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    She looks just fine to me and a welcome addition. She didn't have any fur detail in the cartoon anyways.
    Nor did Beast-Man or Grizzlors arms and legs.

And we all know the reason, it was to make the cartoon as cheap as possible. I´m sure they would have giving everything more detail if they had the time and the money.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Classicized Batros, Fang-man and Strong-Arm all look perfectly fine amongst my Club Grayskull figures. I'm not sure how Kittrina would look if I displayed her with my Classics collection, alongside say, Chief Carnivus.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    She’s a filmation character so I’m glad she’s cartoon accurate and In Club Grayskull where all filmation characters should be

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Kittrina should have been made in Collectors Choice first but unlike Hawke or Dylamug sculpted to match figures like Chief Carnivus with a furry body like all the other furred characters.
    Yes. This. QFT.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

As a Collector of Collector's Choice. I wanted Kittrina to be released in that line first. She is one of my most wanted figures. I had been hoping that she would be one be one of the new Collector's Choice Figures revealed in February. That seems far less likely now.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    She’s a filmation character so I’m glad she’s cartoon accurate and In Club Grayskull where all filmation characters should be
    She's not though. Her hair and face are not cartoon accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SimbasGuard View Post
    As a Collector of Collector's Choice. I wanted Kittrina to be released in that line first. She is one of my most wanted figures. I had been hoping that she would be one be one of the new Collector's Choice Figures revealed in February. That seems far less likely now.
    Agreed. I've seen some great mock ups of her over the years that looked better. I hope they have tile to at least fix her hair and make it cartoon accurate though as it would help the figure a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    She's not though. Her hair and face are not cartoon accurate.
    But the rest of her is with NO fur detail which IS cartoon accurate. And honestly I think her hair and face look just fine. It's FILMATION. She looks the way she is supposed to look straight out of the cartoon. Everyone that keeps on whining and complaining that she doesn't have some furry detail should just be satisfied that we are even getting her at all as a character, and I'm sorry but this is how she looked in the cartoon. Deal with it. Had she been made in CC I would have loved her as well but you would not see me here complaining that she has TOO much detail. We have a Kittrina. Finally. Now let's move on and look forward to the next figure that is going to cause the same commotion.
    Last edited by depp76; January 11, 2019 at 09:03pm.

I've seen some great mock ups of her over the years that looked better. I hope they have tile to at least fix her hair and make it cartoon accurate though as it would help the figure a bit.
    there's a great custom by hunter knight if my memory serves well, go and take a look what could have been
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

I would have preferred collector's choice, but it isn't a huge deal. If 87 movie figures are coming out, I'd guess that is one of the main reasons why she was moved over to CG to make room for them.

But the rest of her is with NO fur detail which IS cartoon accurate. And honestly I think her hair and face look just fine. It's FILMATION. She looks the way she is supposed to look straight out of the cartoon. Everyone that keeps on whining and complaining that she doesn't have some furry detail should just be satisfied that we are even getting her at all as a character, and I'm sorry but this is how she looked in the cartoon. Deal with it. Had she been made in CC I would have loved her as well but you would not see me here complaining that she has TOO much detail. We have a Kittrina. Finally. Now let's move on and look forward to the next figure that is going to cause the same commotion.
    The problen with your argument is there are screen shots of the cartoon all over the place that show you're completely wrong on all accounts. She's not cartoon accurate or classics style. I'm getting her as its probably the only one we will get but I wish she was better. All the women have had jacked up heads in this line. Its kinda frustrating, especially when you look at the amazing Man At Arms we got.kittrina-he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-2.2.jpg

The problen with your argument is there are screen shots of the cartoon all over the place that show you're completely wrong on all accounts. She's not cartoon accurate or classics style. I'm getting her as its probably the only one we will get but I wish she was better. All the women have had jacked up heads in this line. Its kinda frustrating, especially when you look at the amazing Man At Arms we got.kittrina-he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-2.2.jpg
    I may be "wrong on all accounts" in your opinion just as what I stated is what I believe is my opinion, but I never said that what I stated was "right". It's all about personal taste and I am not one to call out people saying that they are right or wrong. There is no such thing here. I think she looks fine and that she is cartoon accurate. That's my opinion... neither right nor wrong.
    Last edited by depp76; January 12, 2019 at 01:07am.

She absolutely should have been classicized and released in CC for her first appearance. What a wasted opportunity. MOC collectors are really screwed with the way Brian is handling these releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    She absolutely should have been classicized and released in CC for her first appearance. What a wasted opportunity. MOC collectors are really screwed with the way Brian is handling these releases.
    Why should her first appearance be in Collector's Choice when she is a pure Filmation character and obviously belongs in the Filmation line?

Why should her first appearance be in Collector's Choice when she is a pure Filmation character and obviously belongs in the Filmation line?
    Because that's the way it's always been done beginning in year one with Adora and continuing all the way through Vultak, who was released in CC even after Club Grayskull existed.

In fact, Vultak, Masque, Hawke, General Sundar, Dylamug, and Granita were all FILMation characters released in Collector's Choice AFTER Club Grayskull existed. Kittrina should have continued that precedence, alongside the dozens of FILMation characters released in CC beginning in 2008.
    Last edited by Wakko; January 12, 2019 at 08:07am.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Because that's the way it's always been done beginning in year one with Adora and continuing all the way through Vultak, who was released in CC even after Club Grayskull existed.

In fact, Vultak, Masque, Hawke, General Sundar, Dylamug, and Granita were all FILMation characters released in Collector's Choice AFTER Club Grayskull existed. Kittrina should have continued that precedence, alongside the dozens of FILMation characters released in CC beginning in 2008.
    You do make a valid point good sir so therefore I have no argument.
    Last edited by depp76; January 12, 2019 at 08:58am.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

Once again, the truth has been spoken, and so I must QFT.

Kittrina should have been in CC and Classicized. So it goes for all forthcoming characters, Filmation-in-origin or not. Case closed, in my book.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor