Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Really impatient to hear news in February !

I guess the wait means they got Movie licence, but hope for lots of NA for the 30th anniversary !
    In all honesty, I was thinking that Super 7's surprise has something to do with the vintage NA Anniversary. Man, I would be so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    It kills me we are still so far away from finishing NA. I’d honestly prefer an all NA wave.

LIKE!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Wow!

Really shocked at the movie hate that has appeared like a cancer in this thread!

The 4H really did an excellent job with Saurod, Blade, Karg and Gwildor and I have no doubt a movie God Skeletor would be an awesome figure. Langella Skeletor also would be a welcome addition to the ranks, and Beast-man was such a different look he deserves a slot. After all, how many Duncan's do we have by now?

That being said, I would consider the following list an awesome outcome for early 2019 reveals:

Powercon 3-pak: Pink Sorceress, Disco Skeletor and Pink Teela displayed in homage to The Tale of Teela mini-comic with Skeletor draining the Sorceress' lifeforce to create Teela.

Powercon CC single figure: Slamurai with white vintage Ninjor-style cloth outfit

Kex Queen
    Kothos
    King Miro
    Lady Slither
    Hunga the Harpy
    Ssstretch Nek
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Whatever they reveal I think people need to maybe not think that an entire wave will be dedicated to one faction or theme, like an entire movie or NA wave. Don't get me wrong, I would love representation of both of those in the upcoming wave, but I doubt that they will do a full wave themed of only NA or movie figures.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Whatever they reveal I think people need to maybe not think that an entire wave will be dedicated to one faction or theme, like an entire movie or NA wave. Don't get me wrong, I would love representation of both of those in the upcoming wave, but I doubt that they will do a full wave themed of only NA or movie figures.
    I would rather they do all the movie characters in a single 4 or 6 figure wave, that way I could just skip the whole thing and not worry about having to unload any unwanted movie figures on ebay.

*Edit I am not saying I don;t want the movie fans NOT to get their figures, I am just saying it would be great to give their figures all at once, rather than drag it out. I feel the same way about NA.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I would rather they do all the movie characters in a single 4 or 6 figure wave, that way I could just skip the whole thing and not worry about having to unload any unwanted movie figures on ebay.

*Edit I am not saying I don;t want the movie fans NOT to get their figures, I am just saying it would be great to give their figures all at once, rather than drag it out. I feel the same way about NA.
    It's not possible to have all the movie characters in a single 4- or 6-figure wave (as neither is it possible for NA). Possible movie characters (apart from the four we already have) include:

Movie variants of non-movie-specific characters:

- Movie He-Man
    - Movie Sorceress (with alternate "full-of-energy" and "withered-out" heads)
    - Movie Teela
    - Movie Man-at-Arms
    - Movie Palace Guard

- God Skeletor (probably the single most important movie variant, because of its storywise significance)
    - Movie Skeletor
    - Movie Evil-Lyn
    - Movie Beast-Man

Movie-specific characters:

- Lubic, with two versions/variants: Detective Lubic & Eternian Robes Lubic (personally I would far prefer to get the Eternian Robes version, which fully integrates him into the Eternian side of things)
    - Julie & Kevin (either we get both together as a 2-pack or I'd rather not get any)
    - other minor human characters: Julie's parents, Charlie, Monica, Gloria

- Dark Troopers, with three versions/variants: Dark Warlord, Dark Centurion, and Air Centurion.
    - Comtech
    - Pigboy (minor cameo appearance of the winner of some contest, not present in certain abridged movie cuts)

Concept characters:

- Worruck (awesomely cool design)
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 21, 2019 at 06:52pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    It's not possible to have all the movie characters in a single 4- or 6-figure wave (as neither is it possible for NA). Possible movie characters (apart from the four we already have) include:

Movie variants of non-movie-specific characters:

- Movie He-Man
    - Movie Teela
    - Movie Man-at-Arms
    - Movie Palace Guard

- God Skeletor (probably the single most important movie variant, because of its storywise significance)
    - Movie Skeletor
    - Movie Evil-Lyn
    - Movie Beast-Man

Movie-specific characters:

- Lubic, with two versions/variants: Detective Lubic & Eternian Robes Lubic (personally I would far prefer to get the Eternian Robes version, which fully integrates him into the Eternian side of things)
    - Julie & Kevin (either we get both together as a 2-pack or I'd rather not get any)

- Movie Evil Troopers, with three versions/variants: Dark Warlord, Dark Centurion, and Air Centurion.
    - Comtech
    - Pigboy (minor cameo appearance of the winner of some contest, not present in certain abridged movie cuts)

Concept characters:

- Worruck (awesomely cool design)
    How about Sorceress?

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    I hope the "ah ha" comes from all the new tooling they invested in to produce REAL motuc figures.
    Maybe it's figures like
    lady slither: new tooling for snake body
    weaponstronic: completely new body
    she-ra dark riders: mostly new body
    hoove: completely new body
    hunga the harpy: mostly new boyd
    sagitar: completely new body
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Wow!

Really shocked at the movie hate that has appeared like a cancer in this thread!

The 4H really did an excellent job with Saurod, Blade, Karg and Gwildor and I have no doubt a movie God Skeletor would be an awesome figure. Langella Skeletor also would be a welcome addition to the ranks, and Beast-man was such a different look he deserves a slot. After all, how many Duncan's do we have by now?
    I think that goes to show how rigid some fans can be. There are some subsets of fans that like their preferred version / adaptation / faction, and everything else is trash, and figures that exist outside their preferences are a direct insult. This isnít unique to MOTU fandom though.

Anyhoo, Iím way into King Tamuskís predictions. Thatíd be an all star wave for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Wow!

I love the movie, I just don't really want any more action figures from it beyond what we've already gotten in Classics.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    How about Sorceress?
    Oh, yes, sorry, I forgot, my bad. Editing the post to correct the glaring omission. Hope I haven't left any other movie character out.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I really hope there are some movie figures. I skipped most CG versions of characters, but I'd buy movie versions.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I don't think there's movie hate, in my case is just that there are so few slots for CC figures, and so many unreleased unique characters that I don't see as good news to address more variants at this point. It's a fact for me that movie figures released so far were superb in sculpting and translation to plastic, but I don't need one more He-Man, Skeletor, Teela (actually I need a beautiful Teela capturing the Filmation look, but I just lost hope), Beast Man or Duncan. Instead I would prefer a Sagitar, Artilla, Hans Hammerholder, Read Beast, Red Shadow, King Miro, Hunga, Illumina, etc, etc, etc. On the other side, I have zero interest in characters like Julie or Kevin as much as I don't have interest in villagers, cookers or children from Eternia... they are just inhabitants of places where the stories take place, I just want the characters that are special in some way (warriors, sorcerers, demons, immortals, other races...), I can't imagine those humans from the movie in bulky bodies like those of Masters.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Ok...seriously, this is my last revision of my prediction...

Lady Slither
    Hunga
    Ra-Jar
    Sagitar
    King Miro
    Twiggets
    Starburst She-Ra
    Masks of Power Demons

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post

Lady Slither
    Hunga
    Ra-Jar
    Sagitar
    King Miro
    Twiggets
    Starburst She-Ra
    Masks of Power Demons
    I like this list!

Lady Slither
    Hunga
    Ra-Jar
    Sagitar
    King Miro
    Twiggets
    Starburst She-Ra
    Masks of Power Demons
    A Two-Pack, a Deluxe figure, as well as a Six-figure "standard" Wave?? While I do Love your predictions, my wallet now secretly hates You!! [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I've just been dying to get my hands on Julie's parents action figures. What do you think their accessories would be?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I've just been dying to get my hands on Julie's parents action figures. What do you think their accessories would be?
    Keys to the airplane, obviously. :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I don't think there's movie hate, in my case is just that there are so few slots for CC figures, and so many unreleased unique characters that I don't see as good news to address more variants at this point. It's a fact for me that movie figures released so far were superb in sculpting and translation to plastic, but I don't need one more He-Man, Skeletor, Teela (actually I need a beautiful Teela capturing the Filmation look, but I just lost hope), Beast Man or Duncan. Instead I would prefer a Sagitar, Artilla, Hans Hammerholder, Read Beast, Red Shadow, King Miro, Hunga, Illumina, etc, etc, etc. On the other side, I have zero interest in characters like Julie or Kevin as much as I don't have interest in villagers, cookers or children from Eternia... they are just inhabitants of places where the stories take place, I just want the characters that are special in some way (warriors, sorcerers, demons, immortals, other races...), I can't imagine those humans from the movie in bulky bodies like those of Masters.
    That a boy wholeheartedly agree with everything you are saying here feel the same way

Lady Slither
    Hunga
    Ra-Jar
    Sagitar
    King Miro
    Twiggets
    Starburst She-Ra
    Masks of Power Demons
    I. Would. Die. Best wave ever.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Keys to the airplane, obviously. :^)
    Haha! And Julie comes with a magnet molded into her hand so she has "Amazing Key Stealing Action!!!" just like her vintage figure would have.

As much as I'm a completest, and love the '87 movie, the human characters I could do without.....although maybe a Lubic figure..... Earth clothes with an interchangeable robe like Capt Glenn/Queen M.

Since the movie is still being discussed. Iím going to post this that someone posted on Instagram.
    4113C2C4-69FB-49E2-88F3-BD38D10ABB68.jpg

How much better would that have looked?!?
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Wave 3 is going to have a new vehicle...not just figures...or Snake Mountain...Brain has said in his videos that they were working on something and wait until we see...so it is more than just a figure wave..something else is coming...

Just tell me how many puppies I have to kick to get movie figures!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like some New Adventures representation please, Sagitar especially, but I've got a feeling that the Movie is going to dominate - given how badly balanced the current Grayskull wave is, it'll probably be five movie figures and Hunga or something.

I don’t think it will be figures based on the movie, and here is why...

They’d have to go through a huge licensing deal with Warner Bros and Stout to even secure the rights. Plus, you have the individual actors, and we don’t know what kind of likeness rights they have in their contracts, if any.

That seems like a huge hassle (and additional expense), when they already have access to dozens of characters within the deal they already have in place, and there are still quite a few within the top 20 of those polls that have yet to be made.