Thread: She-Ra: Origin of a Hero & Island of Magical Creatures novels coming soon

She-Ra: Origin of a Hero & Island of Magical Creatures novels coming soon

Reveal on Den of Geek.
    Coming: April 30, 2019

Click here to preorder!

The iconic heroine She-Ra is back! Discover the origin of a hero in this first chapter book set in the world of She-Ra, just in time for the reboot of the series on Netflix.

She doesn't need a hero. She is a hero. On a planet called Etheria, two forces battle for control. The Horde, with its skillfully trained soldiers and advanced technology, has one goal: to conquer all of Etheria in the name of Hordak. The other force, the Rebellion, is made up of princesses and has been fighting to maintain harmony and freedom for all of Etheria's people. Hidden among them all is a hero to be. Her destiny was written by the First Ones a thousand years ago. Now she is about to rise again.

Discover the origin of a hero in this first chapter book in the series! This book expands on the plotlines of the first two episodes, giving readers a deeper glimpse into their favorite hero's backstory. With illustrations in each chapter, these books are packed full of friendship, humor, and heart!
    Note: It looks like the book cover image in my other thread, the one from the Scholastic Canada Summer Catalog, may have been a place holder of some sort? Or possibly an alternate/variant cover? (Update: Scholastic confirmed that this was just a placeholder)

--------------------

Credit to Mikey for discovering the cover to the second book in the series, She-Ra: Island of Magical Creatures, on Amazon Australia!

Coming: June 25, 2019

Click here to preorder!

Fans of the Princess of Power will be thrilled with this original story set in the world of the She-Ra series from Dreamworks on Netflix! With illustrations throughout, and packed full of humor, magic, and friendship, these chapter books are the perfect way for a whole new generation of She-Ra fans to get to know the Princess of Power and her band of heroic friends.

In this second chapter book, Adora is still learning to use her powers as She-Ra, leading to some hilarious situations. Can she master her powers--and her leadership skills--to unite all the princesses against a threat from the Horde?

islandofmagicalcreatures.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 19, 2019 at 11:43am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar

Den of Geek: She-Ra Novel Cover Reveal and Excerpt (Exclusive!)

The author has done a lot of work for children’s franchises, including Sailor Moon & Powerpuff Girls, so this looks to be a solid choice for a book aimed (judging by the cover art, etc) at young girls (and boys) 3rd-5th grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Awesome! I can't wait to add more POP books to my collection!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

That is one androgynous looking character.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    So what...?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I think little girls will be able to see a "girl" thanks to the hair. I don't see an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    So what...?
    So I don't like it. No me gusta.

Women and men come in all different sizes and shapes, generally speaking athletic women tend to have smaller breasts as they have lower fat to muscle ratios. She-Ra and Adora are certainly athletic. I find this whole "she has no boobs, She isn't wearing lipstick & eyeshadow therefore she looks 'like a boy'" argument to be tedious.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Women and men come in all different sizes and shapes, generally speaking athletic women tend to have smaller breasts as they have lower fat to muscle ratios. She-Ra and Adora are certainly athletic. I find this whole "she has no boobs, She isn't wearing lipstick & eyeshadow therefore she looks 'like a boy'" argument to be tedious.
    I completely agree with Cheshire Moon. All sizes and shapes are beautiful in their own way. The Amazons were a race of strong athletic women who didn't wear make-up or perfume, and came in all shapes and sizes, and no man dared challenge them. That's the way it should be.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Credit to Mikey for discovering the cover to the second book in the series, She-Ra: Island of Magical Creatures, on Amazon Australia! (Edit: It's been added on Amazon USA, too!)
    Click here to preorder!

islandofmagicalcreaturs.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 19, 2019 at 07:47am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Very happy a novel has been licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Credit to Mikey for discovering the cover to the second book in the series, She-Ra: Island of Magical Creatures, on Amazon Australia! (Edit: It's been added on Amazon USA, too!)
    Click here to preorder!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&d=1547892874

islandofmagicalcreaturs.jpg
    Thanks Tallstar, I would have posted the news about the new She-Ra book here myself, but I was busy with my Create Change campaign, and forgot to tell my friends here.