Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Art Marcum and Matt Holloway re-writing MOTU movie for Sony & Mattel Films

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I think it's odd that December 20, 2019 is still listed... with image... on IMDB.com. Up against Star Wars IX. That would be a suicide date whether it was accurate or not.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I think it's odd that December 20, 2019 is still listed... with image... on IMDB.com. Up against Star Wars IX. That would be a suicide date whether it was accurate or not.
    Oh, it won't happen. Also, the date for MOTU was announced when Episode 9 was still going to come out in summer 2019. If they're gearing up to start shooting soon-ish, my guess is the film, provided there are no more hiccups, will see release sometime in 2020. Probably the summer. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    What honestly surprised me is that Sony still listed that date in their recent fiscal call. I'd expected a TBA change.

There's no way it's hitting this year obviously. With the Production Weekly info I assume they'll aim for a summer shoot start and if all goes well we'll see the film December 2020, a year from the original date.

For my it's a contract thing ,they need to have a release date for the movie though it's obsolete,until deciding the new one.