Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie Moments

Master of New Adventures!

Favorite Movie Moments

While posting in the Favorite Guilty Pleasure movie thread -- a great thread, btw -- it occurred to me it would be fun to have a 'Favorite Movie Moments" thread. Movie moments are, imo, one of the things that make films endure. It can be a line or a scene and sometimes just a glance. In most cases, it's usually short and powerful. Movie moments can inspire, shock, cause tears or fears.

What are yours?

Too many to list, but the top one liners that always make me chuckle involve Venkman's retort to the Mayor pertaining to the lack of a "Richard", and McClane's involving a question about pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Too many to list, but the top one liners that always make me chuckle involve Venkman's retort to the Mayor pertaining to the lack of a "Richard", and McClane's involving a question about pizza.
    My favorite scene too!

My second favorite scene would be that battle between Vader and Obi Wan in Star Wars then third would be the Murdock i'm coming to get you from Rambo first Blood part 2.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Oh gosh, it is hard to pick just one because when I was younger I was a real movie junkie and celluloid spoke to me. Now not so much, however I get emotional when Gal climbs that ladder and steps foot onto No Man's Land as Wonder Woman. No matter how many times I have seen it, I still have a very emotional response. I never imagined as a child that I would ever see Wonder Woman come to life like that for me. I can remember six year old me in my Wonder Woman underoos pretending to fight the bad guys.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Heroic Warrior
    Transformers:the movie (animated)

When Hot Rod gets the Autobot Matrix of leadership from Galvatron, holds it up and and as he starts to release it's power you hear Optimus Prime say "arise rodimus prime" and hot rod becomes Rodimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Transformers:the movie (animated)

When Hot Rod gets the Autobot Matrix of leadership from Galvatron, holds it up and and as he starts to release it's power you hear Optimus Prime say "arise rodimus prime" and hot rod becomes Rodimus Prime.
    Great movie moment. I also like when OP and Megatron are fighting and he says 'One shall stand and one shall fall!'

One of my favorite movies ever and moment: "On guard, Bit*h!" Hopefully everybody knows this lol.
    Last edited by depp76; January 13, 2019 at 12:15pm.

I’m going with Rocky climbing the museum stairs, but there are so many great moments in that film.

Favorite Movie Moments. Plural. Feel free to list as many as you wish, Icey.

[/B][/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Oh gosh, it is hard to pick just one because when I was younger I was a real movie junkie and celluloid spoke to me. Now not so much, however I get emotional when Gal climbs that ladder and steps foot onto No Man's Land as Wonder Woman. No matter how many times I have seen it, I still have a very emotional response. I never imagined as a child that I would ever see Wonder Woman come to life like that for me. I can remember six year old me in my Wonder Woman underoos pretending to fight the bad guys.
    - - - Updated - - -

Rocky. We're late in the fight, Balboa beat to a pulp. Creed lands a powerful punch and Balboa goes down. Creed turns from him, raises his arms in triumph to the crowd. After a few moments he turns to see Rocky slowly pulling himself up to his feet. There's a close angle on Creed where he watches Rocky and then slumps his shoulders in sadness at seeing a true and fellow warrior enduring what he's enduring. We've disliked Creed throughout the whole film, but in that one moment he transforms to a guy with the potential to be a good guy. We don't know exactly when it's going to happen -- and it doesn't happen until Rocky and Creed join forces in Rocky III -- but we know some day it will happen.

In that Movie Moment, without a single word of dialog, Carl Weathers taught every actor in the world all they need to know about acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I’m going with Rocky climbing the museum stairs, but there are so many great moments in that film.

"But you know what I finally realized? I don't care if you like us, 'cause we don't like you. You're a bad person with an ugly heart, and we don't give a flying *u*k what you think!"...Now this was a moment.
    Last edited by depp76; January 13, 2019 at 05:41pm.

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. Wonderful moment from -- and I don't care what anyone thinks -- a wonderful film.

Yeah. Hot Rod's ascension to Rodimus Prime near the end of the '86 TF movie, as others have said. For me, it is dug like a groove into my young mind.

Another...

The Count of Monte Cristo 2002 - when Edmond reveals himself to Mondego near the end.

Mondego: (shocked) "... Edmond?! H-h-"

Edmond: "How did I escape? With difficulty," as he takes a slow step forward. "How did I plan this moment?", another step, "With pleasure."

^ That whole scene is seared into my mind, starting with that exchange. Excellence.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

I love the Count of Monte Cristo. Jim Caviezel is a great, underrated actor.

V for Vendetta is an amazing movie with so many great moments. I watch it every year in November. I love the exchange between V and Evey when they first meet. Talk about linguistic gymnastics!

Chris here...

One of my all-time favourites would be from Star Wars (or to give it its full title, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) - when Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon swoop in to save the day as Darth Vader is about to shoot down Luke Skywalker's X-Wing, leaving Luke "all clear" to blow up the Death Star! I'm a sucker for moments like that, LOL!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Every single moment of Aquaman is my favourite movie moment especially when Aquaman and Mera are in the desert, trying to make the hologram thing work, and Aquaman says "I could have just peed on it", the look she gives him is priceless.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Every single moment of Aquaman is my favourite movie moment especially when Aquaman and Mera are in the desert, trying to make the hologram thing work, and Aquaman says "I could have just peed on it", the look she gives him is priceless.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I look forward to watching it. I really enjoyed him in the Justice League movie. I think he and Wonder Woman are the two most interesting members of the team.

Connery's delivery of "Bond...James Bond."

Way too many to list, but these three come to mind first:

1) Robocop waking up from his dream and saying "Excuse me, I have to go. Somewhere there is a crime happening."
    2) In the first TMNT live action movie Splinter giving Raphael a monologue about anger.
    3) Chappie giving it to the bad man. I like violence.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

This one sends the feels through me every single time:

In What ever Happened to Baby Jane..

the end on the beach.... when Blanche comes clean about the accident..then Jane say.. " All this time...we could have been friends"?... that gets me.. everytime.. so sad..
    GIMME TOYS!-

Heroic Warrior
    Here's a few movie moments that I really liked:

The dance club battle scene from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze.

That moment in Captain America: Civil War when the delivery guy asks for a "Tony Stank", and Rhodey turns it into a comedy routine. (Cracks me up every time.)

Aquaman giving his opinions about his teammates --until Batman points out that he's been saying the stuff while under the influence of Wonder Woman's lasso. (Comedy gold right there.)
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi

"So, good people defend stupid people? Then good people become Batman."--Leo Holt

"Chickens go in, pies come out..."

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is a pity because this week the National Association of Beholders wrote to tell me that I've got a face like a rucksack full of dented bells.
    (Charlie Brooker)

The first Star Wars movie when Luke looks at the setting suns on Tattooine and the music swells.

The first X-Men movie when we see Wolverine's claws extend for the first time (in the bar, when that guy pulled a shotgun on Logan. and then the other guy as well.)

The Return of the King when King Theoden leads the Rohirrim towards the battle at the Pelenor Fields.

Captains Kirk's eulogy for Spock at the end of Star Trek II.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom! Alba gu brath!!!"

William Wallace, BRAVEHEART

Ripley appearing in the power loader!

"Get away from her you *****"