Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Three 5.5” - Mer-Man, Orko, Prince Adam, Trap Jaw & more

Court Magician

Super7 Wave Three 5.5” - Mer-Man, Orko, Prince Adam, Trap Jaw & more

Updated February 11th:

Super7 has revealed Wave 3 of Masters of the Universe Vintage ahead of Toy Fair, AND already put it up for pre-order! Pixel Dan gives the breakdown of what is available for pre-order.

-------------------
    Updated February 1st:

From Super7:
    "MOTU Fans! This new Pre-Sale is available now: The Masters of the Universe Vintage Collection Wave 3 featuring the latest 5.5-inch assortment:

• Crystal Man-At-Arms (from Episode 34 "The Dragon's Gift")

• Frozen Teela (from Episode 76 "The Ice Age Cometh")

• Gold Statue He-Man (from Episode 2 "The Shaping Staff")

• Mer-Man

• Orko (3.5-inch)

• Prince Adam

• Trap Jaw

All figures come with accessories with packaging that includes a custom character history card and new original art on the back of each card back. The window to order these Vintage Figures will be open until Thursday, February 28th. Figures are available individually for $20 each will ship for delivery this Summer."

Click here to pre-order.

-----------------------
    Hi,

so now that wave 1 is (mostly) released and, according to Bryan from S7, Wave 2 is in production - do we know or have any idea what's going on with wave 3? Will there be one? When should we expect an announcement? And what figures to expect? Questions!

My guess is that there will for sure be a wave 3, just based on the buzz wave 1 generated. Clearly, QC of the figures is not where it needs to be, but the fact alone that you can, once again, buy masters figures in a retail store is pretty amazing.

But yea, with wave 2 presumably releasing in March, it seems like information on wave 3 should come any day. Or will they stick with 2 waves and just keep making more?

If they make a wave 3, I am almost certain they will a) stick to established filmation characters and b) re-use as much of the molds a possible (am looking at you, robot he-man). So probably something like: Stratos, Mer-man, Tri-clops and Evil-lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Hi,

so now that wave 1 is (mostly) released and, according to Bryan from S7, Wave 2 is in production - do we know or have any idea what's going on with wave 3? Will there be one? When should we expect an announcement? And what figures to expect? Questions!

My guess is that there will for sure be a wave 3, just based on the buzz wave 1 generated. Clearly, QC of the figures is not where it needs to be, but the fact alone that you can, once again, buy masters figures in a retail store is pretty amazing.

But yea, with wave 2 presumably releasing in March, it seems like information on wave 3 should come any day. Or will they stick with 2 waves and just keep making more?

If they make a wave 3, I am almost certain they will a) stick to established filmation characters and b) re-use as much of the molds a possible (am looking at you, robot he-man). So probably something like: Stratos, Mer-man, Tri-clops and Evil-lyn.
    With Toy Fair coming up, I’m sure Super7 is waiting to reveal Wave 3 there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    It would be nice if we could move on to speculating about future waves as opposed to complaining about issues with the current wave even though the complaints are completely understandable. I’d just like to get past wave one already lol. Hopefully wave two comes off in March without a hitch but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets delayed too.

As as far as the next wave goes though, I hope there are zero characters already released in the vintage line in this wave. Filmation style or otherwise. If they want to do Filmation style figures I hope they pick characters like Queen Marlena or Batros or Icer or pretty much anyone from She-Ra. Preferably Shadow Weaver, Scorpia or Octavia. Bow with a mustache in the beefier, squat MOTU style would be nice too. Skeletor’s Robot Troopers would be ok too. Do them maybe in the style and with the functionality of the vintage Twistoid and Rotar characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they continue to do a select few characters who might have some key aesthetic differences.

Mer-Man, Evil-Lyn, Trapjaw, Tri-Clops, Prince Adam, Ram Man (with posable legs in a squat pose), Chopper, Evilseed, Orko/Cringer, Randor, Sorceress (Okay, vintage is close but pricey). And Battlecat and Panthro. And I’d be up for a hypothetical Faker similar to the fan film version: the Marvel comic had that using the Filmation model. And frankly, I’d be up for He-Man being re-done with more of an animated style headsculpt.

But anything ELSE? I’d want, in order:

Movie characters that had no vintage figures (Skeletor and Beast Man used movie based designs in the Marvel comics and newspaper strips, beyond adaptations, and the toyline has had at least one).

MY versions of characters like King Hiss who have had few figures and fit into the PoG theme. Heck, almost any unique sculpt “Vs. Snakemen” 200x figures reimagined for vintage.

Cartoon only Filmation characters like Plundor.

Characters whose original gimmick interfered with the figure. Horde Trooper near the top.

Possible “media” retools of BA He-Man/Skeletor with Filmation elements. I’d also be up for Vintage BA Faker and Eternian Guard.

NA characters. Emphasis on ones not in the NA line.

If this has a future at retail, I think you need SOME kind of He-Man OR Skeletor (which includes Fakers and Adams and King Grayskull and Keldor) in every wave.

Court Magician
    Agreed on them needing to make sure the most iconic characters are in stock and/or release variant versions continuously. Not being able to get my hands on He-man/Skeletor is what killed CG for me (came a bit late to the game) in the beginning.

Like the other ideas as well! Lots of possibilities to please the more hardcore fans as well as more casual collectors who are probably looking for the most iconic figures they remember from their childhood.

I would love to get Shadow Weaver, Queen Marlena, Keldor and King Grayskull with a re-tooled Battle Cat as Battle Lion.
    But I most likely will buy everything they make, just to support them (despite all the frustrations) and keep the line going.

I hope the current quality issues are getting solved with upcoming figures. If so, I gladly continue to buy the vintage line. I think they look awesome.

Must haves:
    - Mer-Man
    - Sorceress
    - Trap-jaw
    - Orko
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

We’ve gotten quite a few Filmation inspired figures. I’d like to see the next wave contribute more in the vein of the origin toy line, with a less cartoonish design. Bring in characters like Lodar, Geldor, Prince Dakon, Garn, Icer, Batros, General Tataran, Shadow Weaver, Octavia, False Face, Strong Arm, etc.

For me, I would love to see those characters that, as a kid, I just couldn't understand why Mattel didn't make them! Naturally, we all have a greater understanding of those reasons now, but at the time, I just couldn't get my head around the fact certain characters were never released in toy form!

So for me, a dream wave would be:

• Queen Marlena & Cringer
    • Karg
    • Shadow Weaver & Imp
    • Madame Razz & Broom
    • Fangman
    • Scorpia

And who could say know to a vintage style Granamyr?

I'm sure they will continue with the Filmation variants, and honestly, I would still love to have a Filmation Mer-man & Trap-jaw! Catra, Leech, Mantenna and Grizzlor would also be welcomed with open arms! That said, it would be nice to have a mixture, as they did with wave 2 (2x Powers of Grayskull, 3x Filmation variants 1x Filmation debut with Robot He-man).
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Wow... Orko and Shadow Weaver are nice.. But that Evil lyn is exceptional... better than Mattel CG Evil Lyn imho.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

These are AWESOME. I was hoping for a 5.5 inch Shadow Weaver.

Court Magician
    Granted, some of these are still only renders, but man this wave looks insanely good. Mer-man, damn..!

Will be interesting to see if Buzz-off gets translucent wings or not (I'd be surprised if they stay like this for the final figure).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and there was also a render of stratos (missing fro the above post):

stratos_neovintage_concept.jpg

Granted, some of these are still only renders, but man this wave looks insanely good. Mer-man, damn..!

Will be interesting to see if Buzz-off gets translucent wings or not (I'd be surprised if they stay like this for the final figure).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and there was also a render of stratos (missing fro the above post):

stratos_neovintage_concept.jpg
    I got the pictures from the post on Facebook I linked and found no other source - were did you get the Stratos render from?
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Court Magician
    That was posted in a closed motu vintage group, taken "from some other group", so it becomes hard to know where it originally came from But it seems to be from the same source anyway.
    I wonder if all of these are scheduled for wave 3, or whether we are seeing concepts for wave 4 as well. The three carded figures are probably guaranteed to be in the next wave at least.

Man, between these and The Loyal Subjects MOTU, my pocketbook is going to be in a world of hurt.

I actually would prefer 4 per wave vs 6.

That was posted in a closed motu vintage group, taken "from some other group", so it becomes hard to know where it originally came from But it seems to be from the same source anyway.
    I wonder if all of these are scheduled for wave 3, or whether we are seeing concepts for wave 4 as well. The three carded figures are probably guaranteed to be in the next wave at least.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Man, these look better than the originals!

These characters make for an amazing wave! Shadow Weaver is a 35 year dream come true! Orko, Evil-Lyn (hopefully her cape will be added? She-ra's cape in black would be a no-brainer), Trap jaw and Mer-man are the figures I wanted as a kid! Don't get me wrong, I loved my vintage toys, but these versions would have made my Christmas and blown my little 4 year old mind, back then!! Buzz-off and Stratos look great too.
    Last edited by Stagnataur; January 30, 2019 at 10:55am.
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!

Evil-Lyn - Where's the cape and where have they seen the Filmation version having blue boots?
    Trap-Jaw - The peg hole for his mechanical arm is at the wrong point.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

I don't have the desire to add every Filmation style 5.5" figure to my existing vintage collection, but I could see that Orko and Mer-Man easily replacing my vintage ones! I would also pick up Shadow Weaver and Evil-Lyn.
    I think Trap-Jaw, Buzz-Off and Stratos look good, but I see this line as something to cherry pick from to compliment my pre-existing 5.5" collection from the '80s and not something where I have to pick up every single one. When I see one that feels like an improvement over the original (or in Shadow Weaver's case, where there was no figure to begin with), I'll gladly grab it.

Wow, those all look amazing! Can't wait to get them
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They all look fantastic, but it all depends on the quality of the finished product at the end of the day.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Is wave 1 sold out? I don't see them available on their website anymore.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great. For me, it's Shadow Weaver and Orko to play with the Vintage line.