Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Three 5.5” - Mer-Man, Orko, Prince Adam, Trap Jaw & more

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I agree, that's where I'm going to order my Motu from. I had to cancel a thundercat order and had no problem. And my marvel legend was shipped extremely fast
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

Umm... is there going to be a vintage Shadow Weaver in the scale of the original POP figures?? Cause....that's what I read on the news page.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Umm... is there going to be a vintage Shadow Weaver in the scale of the original POP figures?? Cause....that's what I read on the news page.....
    it certainly looks that way. Probably won’t be released for several months yet though. Hopefully we will get more information at Toy Fair. And hopefully more reveals

btw did you happen to pick up a DC Primal Age Wonder Woman. I just picked up one today at Target and I think she’s really awesome.

[QUOTE=snake_mole_hill;3822915]My brother and I bought Megalopolis about a year ago and it's a completely different company. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience in the past. We have the best customer service of any of the online collector sites now. Check out what we've been up to sometime

- - - Updated - - -

It's true, there are fellow fanboys that live in my building that keep urging me to order from Megalopolis. I'm not sure why I haven't yet. I believe when the Caliban wave goes up for pre-order I will buy from you guys, cause I ordered an x-men case from dorkside last year and all the tops to the cards/boxes where bent to crap. I was pretty PO'd they were all. "these come from the manufacturer and we can't guarantee perfect boxes". I was thinking two things... One is how can I be sure they didn't remove the top tape, see they were whack and thought, well we can't sell them as individual carded figs so lets give them to the customer like this, they can't prove either way. I know dorkside is usually legit but if companies want to charge higher than retail then please ensure I get a better quality product higher than retail. So I'll try you out this time Mega, please don't disappoint me.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Blaster;3823009]
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    My brother and I bought Megalopolis about a year ago and it's a completely different company. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience in the past. We have the best customer service of any of the online collector sites now. Check out what we've been up to sometime

- - - Updated - - -

It's true, there are fellow fanboys that live in my building that keep urging me to order from Megalopolis. I'm not sure why I haven't yet. I believe when the Caliban wave goes up for pre-order I will buy from you guys, cause I ordered an x-men case from dorkside last year and all the tops to the cards/boxes where bent to crap. I was pretty PO'd they were all. "these come from the manufacturer and we can't guarantee perfect boxes". I was thinking two things... One is how can I be sure they didn't remove the top tape, see they were whack and thought, well we can't sell them as individual carded figs so lets give them to the customer like this, they can't prove either way. I know dorkside is usually legit but if companies want to charge higher than retail then please ensure I get a better quality product higher than retail. So I'll try you out this time Mega, please don't disappoint me.
    That was a big thing for us when we took over, looking at how disappointed we are with how things come packaged. So we have custom made boxes and have a whole white glove shipping policy. I won't go into too much detail and turn this discussion into a comercial But you can see the vid about it on our youtube. And for MOC collectors, if ever you don't like the packaging of the figures or they get damaged in transit or whatever, we always switch them out for you no problemo.

Heroic Warrior
    I've not ordered from Megalopolis often, and only in the past year or so, probably less, but I've never had reason to complain, just FYI.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    it certainly looks that way. Probably won’t be released for several months yet though. Hopefully we will get more information at Toy Fair. And hopefully more reveals

btw did you happen to pick up a DC Primal Age Wonder Woman. I just picked up one today at Target and I think she’s really awesome.
    I didn't - not a big fan of the skirt look.

But wowser! A proper vintage Shadow Weaver! It's going to cost an arm and a leg though right?

i want mer-man and shadow weaver

orko looks fun, might get him.

i hope evil-lyn comes with a cape
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't - not a big fan of the skirt look.

But wowser! A proper vintage Shadow Weaver! It's going to cost an arm and a leg though right?
    I say bring on Scorpia and Octavia. Entrapta and Catra too (please don’t mess Catra up S7 lol)

Seriously!

But the problem is they'll keep using the Teela base for the girls. That worked well for the COTU Scorpia custom, and will work nicely again, but I see Catra and Octavia looking better with the vintage POP body, which was more "feminine". I have little hope that SUPER7 would go back to that look because folks always crap all over the less-steroided up "doll" look.

Sigh.

Anyone else think the Evil Seed that's been leaked looks too boxy in the body? Almost like a Lego figure. Wish they'd flare out the base of his cloak a bit. Wouldn't it be awesome if they included his Tangled Vine legs, as seen in the original design, as a Snap-On base?
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; February 10, 2019 at 10:17am.

Iím just thankful to have a number of options for MOTU collectibles at this point. We really do have it made. Remember when there was NOTHING to collect unless you wanted old vintage toys from eBay? Now thereís MOTUC, the new Super7 vintage line, ReAction, The Loyal Subjects, Mega Construx, and a number of statues and such. Great time to be a MOTU collector, with so many choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    I’m just thankful to have a number of options for MOTU collectibles at this point. We really do have it made. Remember when there was NOTHING to collect unless you wanted old vintage toys from eBay? Now there’s MOTUC, the new Super7 vintage line, ReAction, The Loyal Subjects, Mega Construx, and a number of statues and such. Great time to be a MOTU collector, with so many choices.

This is so incredibly true. I remember the times of the great unrest, it was miserable and frustrating. I'm very glad to see Mattel licensing the property out.

My Toy/Nerd Blog - Ubernerd, Beyond Loserdome https://beyondloserdome.blogspot.com/

Travel down the Rabbit Hole into my take on the Eternian Mythos:

Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p

Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)

But the problem is they'll keep using the Teela base for the girls.
    Personally I want them to keep using Teela as the base for the girls as thats likely how they would have been done in the vintage MOTU line and I want these figures to look like a continuation of that.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Iím just thankful to have a number of options for MOTU collectibles at this point. We really do have it made. Remember when there was NOTHING to collect unless you wanted old vintage toys from eBay? Now thereís MOTUC, the new Super7 vintage line, ReAction, The Loyal Subjects, Mega Construx, and a number of statues and such. Great time to be a MOTU collector, with so many choices.

I got back into MOTU when Mattel decided to release commemorative sets of the original figures. I still have most, if not all my original figures. I loved the 200x line, hated the variants and short packing. When MOTUC came out, I didn't hesitate. It's had is good and bad, but it's been mostly great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I got back into MOTU when Mattel decided to release commemorative sets of the original figures. I still have most, if not all my original figures. I loved the 200x line, hated the variants and short packing. When MOTUC came out, I didn't hesitate. It's had is good and bad, but it's been mostly great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I loved the 200x line too, but it was grossly mis-managed with 10 of 12 He-Man/Skelly per case. I was bummed it was so short lived.

I wasnít in a position to afford the MOTUC from the beginning, so Iím happy Iím able to get in on the Vintage line from the start.

Super7 has revealed Wave 3 of Masters of the Universe Vintage ahead of Toy Fair, AND already put it up for pre-order! Pixel Dan gives the breakdown of what is available for pre-order.

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I’m just thankful to have a number of options for MOTU collectibles at this point. We really do have it made. Remember when there was NOTHING to collect unless you wanted old vintage toys from eBay? Now there’s MOTUC, the new Super7 vintage line, ReAction, The Loyal Subjects, Mega Construx, and a number of statues and such. Great time to be a MOTU collector, with so many choices.
    Well said.

A lot of people act as if every single MOTU product out there just HAS to be geared to them specifically, and they blow a gasket when something comes out that they don't care for. Well, imagine if there was NO new product at all.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 16, 2019 at 12:25am.
    Odd Man Out

I am grateful anything is being released, and in full waves. And 3 waves annually is just perfect. Hopefully we will see some creatures and vehicles soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Super 7's shipping fee is not cool with me. It was around $13 for Orko. In total Orko came out to $34 for a figure advertised for $20. BBTS is $4 flat or $6 for more packaging. Megalopolis has standard shipping fees.

I really wante to support Super 7 directly and give them preorders to keep the lines alive, but I will be not so quick next time to order without checking the other sites.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Yin Chan Vo View Post
    Super 7's shipping fee is not cool with me. It was around $13 for Orko. In total Orko came out to $34 for a figure advertised for $20. BBTS is $4 flat or $6 for more packaging. Megalopolis has standard shipping fees.

I really wante to support Super 7 directly and give them preorders to keep the lines alive, but I will be not so quick next time to order without checking the other sites.
    It happened to me once too. I tried warning some people lol. Anyhow, you can always call them and try to cancel your pre-order. I would pre-order with BBTS first since there is no problem canceling a pre-order through them. After that’s confirmed call Super 7 and see if you can cancel your preorder through them and then just keep your BBTS preorder. I’ve been able to do it before but I would say do it sooner rather than later on both counts. It doesn’t hurt to try. Megalopolis might be an option too but I’m not sure how easy it is to cancel with them since I’ve yet it try them.
    Last edited by whakojacko; February 13, 2019 at 02:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I hope they continue to do a select few characters who might have some key aesthetic differences.

Mer-Man, Evil-Lyn, Trapjaw, Tri-Clops, Prince Adam, Ram Man (with posable legs in a squat pose), Chopper, Evilseed, Orko/Cringer, Randor, Sorceress (Okay, vintage is close but pricey). And Battlecat and Panthro. And Iíd be up for a hypothetical Faker similar to the fan film version: the Marvel comic had that using the Filmation model. And frankly, Iíd be up for He-Man being re-done with more of an animated style.
    Youíre in luck. Panthro is already available in Funkos Thundercats line and heís excellent!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    You’re in luck. Panthro is already available in Funkos Thundercats line and he’s excellent!
    When his legs aren’t busy falling off.

When his legs arenít busy falling off.
    Yes, but he looks gorgeous. Having your legs occasionally fall off is a small price to pay, surely?

Heroic Warrior
    ToyWiz has Wave 4 up for Preorder already.

ToyWiz has Wave 4 up for Preorder already.
    Wow! Even before Super7 and BBTS.