Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2 is coming April 26th! Trailer has been posted

Season 2 is coming April 26th! Trailer has been posted

UPDATED: April 28th, 2019

The Swift Sense (Added to Netflix Kids & Family YouTube channel)

--------------------

UPDATED: April 25th, 2019

Check out this new She-Ra RAP song on DreamWorks' YouTube channel! It's the She-Rap recap of Season 1.

Watch Scorpia shine in spirited She-Ra and the Princesses of Power season 2 preview

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/25/she-ra-...son-2-preview/

NEW CLIP!

'She-Ra' Showrunner Noelle Stevenson Talks Upleveling Power and Friendship in Season 2 (Exclusive)

https://www.etonline.com/she-ra-show...on-2-exclusive

--------------------

UPDATED: April 24th, 2019

NEW CLIP (Will embed video when it gets added to the DreamWorks YouTube channel)

https://www.facebook.com/DreamWorksS...3254069805684/

"Swift Wind and Adora are trying to bond, but Adora's having a hard time warming up to her flying, talking steed. Find out if they make a connection in all new episodes of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power on Netflix April 26th!"

"Of Course Swift Wind Sees Everyone as Ponies in This Exclusive She-Ra Season 2 Clip"

https://io9.gizmodo.com/of-course-sw...-ex-1834242907

Collider's interview with Noelle Stevenson.

14:36 - 26:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OPFzyDMBzM

--------------------

UPDATED: April 18th, 2019

Catra Sends Horde Bots to Attack the Princesses | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER

"'She-Ra': Adora and the Princess Alliance Fend Off Catra in Exclusive Season 2 Premiere Sneak Peek"

https://www.etonline.com/she-ra-ador...ere-sneak-peek

--------------------

UPDATED: March 30th, 2019

SEASON 2 TRAILER IS HERE!

Read more at the link!

Entertainment Weekly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaM9xhs_gYU

--------------------

UPDATED March 20th, 2019

NEW IMAGE!

Attachment 119835

--------------------

New interview with Noelle Stevenson!

SHE-RA's New Season To Introduce New Princesses, Delve Into Old Legends

CLICK HERE TO READ THE ARTICLE ON NEWSARAMA!

--------------------

Official announcement:

"For the honor of Grayskull!
    Season 2 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power to debut April 26

The highly-anticipated Season 2 of DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is set to debut exclusively on Netflix April 26th. The news was announced via video on the DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power social channels. Links to announcement are included below.

Announcement on Facebook!
    Announcement on Twitter!
    Announcement on Instagram!

Inspired by the popular ‘80s animated series, DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power tells the epic story of an orphan named Adora, who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess, She-Ra. Along the way, she finds a new family in the Rebellion as she unites a group of magical princesses in the ultimate fight against evil. The series debuted last year to critical acclaim.

From Eisner Award-winning author and executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Lumberjanes, Nimona), DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power features the voice talent of Aimee Carrero (Elena of Avalor) as Adora/She-Ra, Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad) as Glimmer, AJ Michalka (The Goldbergs) as Catra, Marcus Scribner (black-ish) as Bow, Reshma Shetty (Royal Pains) as Angella, Lorraine Toussaint (Orange is the New Black) as Shadow Weaver, Keston John (The Good Place) as Hordak, Lauren Ash (Superstore) as Scorpia, Christine Woods (Hello Ladies) as Entrapta, Genesis Rodriguez (Time After Time) as Perfuma, Jordan Fisher (Grease Live!) as Seahawk, Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Mermista, Merit Leighton (Katie and Alexa) as Frosta, Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) as Castaspella, and Krystal Joy Brown (Motown: The Musical) as Netossa."

--------------------

season2april26.jpg

--------------------

This is from Rae's Tumblr page. (They are a character designer on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.)

http://raegeii.tumblr.com/

dreamworksshera: Who wants more #SheRa and the Princesses of Power?

Oh, sooner than I thought it might! Season 2 is REALLY GOOD, some of my very favorite episodes coming up. I’ve seen fandom be a little anxious because the crew always plays up the more emotional parts to come, but its also brilliantly funny and charming, and we get more time for the cast to each individually shine and also interact with each other more. Season 1 was great, especially considering it had to wrangle so many introduction episodes, but I think season 2 really brings it up even more and we really hit our stride in story, action, design, animation, etc. I can’t wait for you all to see it!

#also everybody assumes by crying we mean sad crying #theres also a lot of overjoyed crying because of the power of friendship and etc! #i actually dont know how many episodes are in this one fhjdsjsgsda #crew ra #kyle isnt available at the moment but ive got it under control #have you ever heard of a library in the whispering woods?
    --------------------

We will be seeing A LOT more Netossa in Season 2.

This is from Krystal Joy Brown's Instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtEbxbIHk5u/

krystaljoybrown

✨⚡️����IT’S FINALLY ANNOUNCED!!! @dreamworksshera is coming back for SEASON 2 on @netflix APRIL 26, 2019 and you will be seeing A LOT more #Netossa �� I love this job and the entire creative team! Thank you @iamcymbre for this incredible experience! Thanks @gingerhazing and @maryelizabethmcglynn for this journey - working with and learning from you both has been something I will cherish forever!!! Yay! #shera #sheraprincessofpower #dreamworks #netflix #animation #diversity #inclusion #sogood #soproud #werk #lgbtq�� #lgbt #loveislove ��⚡️✨��
    --------------------

Antony Del Rio (Kyle) telling us to stay tuned for She-Ra updates.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BumMb_Uld9n/

--------------------

Last edited by Tallstar; April 28, 2019 at 10:27am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Great news!!
    Lord Hordak

Fantastic... unless this is a prank.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Great to hear....can't wait!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    One thing that drives me crazy - and this isn't specific to this new She-Ra show by any means - it's that the word "season" seems to be used very loosely these days and has started to lose all meaning. While not necessarily a 100% hard rule, it was typically roughly 1 season per year for most TV shows (typically airing somewhere between fall and the following spring with traditional scheduled TV, with the following fall being the start of the new season).

Now just any "batch" of new episodes is treated like a season. The Netflix Voltron series premiered about two and a half years ago, but somehow has "8 seasons." Based on this logic, with traditional scheduled television, any time there is any kind of minor break between new episodes (say a new episode one week, a rerun the following week, and a new episode the week after that) may as well be called the start of a new "season."

Thanks for the news!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Thanks for the news!
    You're welcome. I'm so excited!

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

https://www.newsarama.com/43614-she-...nd-season.html

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    You're welcome. I'm so excited!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d9638010...m93eo1_500.gif

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

https://www.newsarama.com/43614-she-...nd-season.html
    Great news! Love the Newsarama article. I still think the First Ones are linked to Eternia somehow. More princesses and more Horde, can't wait!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome news!

I hope that Mattel works some magic and manages to release some toys to coincide with the release of the second season.

This is awesome news indeed! I can't wait for Season 2, I love New She-Ra, and more seasons are more than welcome.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Master of New Adventures!
    Two seasons of thirteen episodes each in television.

QUOTE=Dynamo of Eternia;3821470]One thing that drives me crazy - and this isn't specific to this new She-Ra show by any means - it's that the word "season" seems to be used very loosely these days and has started to lose all meaning. While not necessarily a 100% hard rule, it was typically roughly 1 season per year for most TV shows (typically airing somewhere between fall and the following spring with traditional scheduled TV, with the following fall being the start of the new season).

Now just any "batch" of new episodes is treated like a season. The Netflix Voltron series premiered about two and a half years ago, but somehow has "8 seasons." Based on this logic, with traditional scheduled television, any time there is any kind of minor break between new episodes (say a new episode one week, a rerun the following week, and a new episode the week after that) may as well be called the start of a new "season." [/QUOTE]

Court Magician
    That's much sooner than I would've anticipated, but is welcome news nonetheless.

Now hopefully Mattel's promised toy line will materialize soon as well.

I have little constructive to add, but I'm going to add it anyway: YAY!!!!!!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

This is from Rae's Tumblr page. (They are a character designer on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.)

http://raegeii.tumblr.com/

dreamworksshera: Who wants more #SheRa and the Princesses of Power?

Oh, sooner than I thought it might! Season 2 is REALLY GOOD, some of my very favorite episodes coming up. Iíve seen fandom be a little anxious because the crew always plays up the more emotional parts to come, but its also brilliantly funny and charming, and we get more time for the cast to each individually shine and also interact with each other more. Season 1 was great, especially considering it had to wrangle so many introduction episodes, but I think season 2 really brings it up even more and we really hit our stride in story, action, design, animation, etc. I canít wait for you all to see it!

#also everybody assumes by crying we mean sad crying #theres also a lot of overjoyed crying because of the power of friendship and etc! #i actually dont know how many episodes are in this one fhjdsjsgsda #crew ra #kyle isnt available at the moment but ive got it under control #have you ever heard of a library in the whispering woods?

5 to 6 months is about what I expected, so we should get "season 3" in early fall. The articles that say "renewed" shows me those authors don't quite know how these things work since the 52 episodes are already ordered and in the process of getting completed already.

- - - Updated - - -

She also said this on Tumbler:

This is a super common misconception for animation fans that I wanna address, season 2 was NOT made after the first season release in November! Cartoon production schedules are years ahead of air dates. Sometimes shows get a season 1 first, and then will get greenlit for more episodes after they air depending on reception or etc. She-ra was lucky enough to get greenlit for more than one season at the start before we were even announced, so we were able to go straight from making season 1 to making season 2.

Master of New Adventures!
    The decision is usually made -- one way or another -- after two or three episodes have aired.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    That's much sooner than I would've anticipated, but is welcome news nonetheless.

Now hopefully Mattel's promised toy line will materialize soon as well.
    - - - Updated - - -

To the contrary. I think that's very constructive. As I've often said in other threads, "Writers, producers, directors and actors are nothing without fans." So you go right on expressing your valuable opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    I have little constructive to add, but I'm going to add it anyway: YAY!!!!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    Sooner than anticipated? They're artificially dragging it out forever. We know they're already finishing the production of the fourth and last season. By the time they finally allow us to watch the second season, which must have been ready for release since at least one year ago, it will be six months since the release of the first season. It's absurd. There's no real reason why the second season has not been released already, except for the idea that by keeping people waiting forever for the next season they think people will also keep themselves subscribed to Netflix. But people can simply cancel their subscription until the next season is out, unless they want to watch other shows in the meantime or rewatch the first season to death.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I am so excited to see season 2! It will be interesting to see the additional princesses and "princess-like characters" (?!). I'm excited that Swiftwind will have a bigger role, too!

Nice to here, season 1 was a solid start lets hope they can build on that foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Sooner than anticipated? They're artificially dragging it out forever. We know they're already finishing the production of the fourth and last season. By the time they finally allow us to watch the second season, which must have been ready for release since at least one year ago, it will be six months since the release of the first season. It's absurd. There's no real reason why the second season has not been released already, except for the idea that by keeping people waiting forever for the next season they think people will also keep themselves subscribed to Netflix. But people can simply cancel their subscription until the next season is out, unless they want to watch other shows in the meantime or rewatch the first season to death.
    Six months between seasons is absurd?

April's going to be here before we know it!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Six months between seasons is absurd?
    My point is that the second season is ready for airing and has been so for months. It could perfectly well be released today, or have been released at the same time as the first season, actually. So making the wait artificially six-months long is what I called absurd, and we know they're doing it purely for marketing considerations in order to drag and stretch it out over two long years until 2020 in an attempt to keep fans of the series as paying subscribers for that long, when the whole series could be out before this summer instead if they so wanted.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    My point is that the second season is ready for airing and has been so for months. It could perfectly well be released today, or have been released at the same time as the first season, actually. So making the wait artificially six-months long is what I called absurd, and we know they're doing it purely for marketing considerations in order to drag and stretch it out over two long years until 2020 in an attempt to keep fans of the series as paying subscribers for that long, when the whole series could be out before this summer instead if they so wanted.
    They need to spread them out for the merchandise that I suspect is coming in the likely middle part of the year and that they will continue to try to sell for as long as it is popular. Once new episodes stop airing, merchandise sales will be tougher.

So it's coming out the same day as Avengers: Endgame?
    Best Friday ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So it's coming out the same day as Avengers: Endgame?
    Best Friday ever!
    It's also Lesbian Visibility Day.